Windows 10: I've diagnosed a major video problem, but the fix is an issue...

Discus and support I've diagnosed a major video problem, but the fix is an issue... in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, so I'd been plagued by lock ups on wake for a long time, and couldn't diagnose because no errors were appearing. About 3 weeks ago, one finally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by DannyG13, Feb 15, 2020.

1. DannyG13 Win User

I've diagnosed a major video problem, but the fix is an issue...

Hi, so I'd been plagued by lock ups on wake for a long time, and couldn't diagnose because no errors were appearing.

About 3 weeks ago, one finally appeared in reliability monitor and a bit of googling claimed it was the Nvidia drivers.

I switched back to an old set, and hey presto, I've not had a single lock up since.

So, I THINK I've diagnosed the problem. The issue is how to fix this?

Basically, most if not all Nvidia drivers after May 2018 seem to be upset with the April/May Windows 10 update last year, and cause this crashing problem - it's a well-known issue and happens in different ways. Mine is a wake up lock, others it's a standby lock or whatever.

But older drivers are obviously not ideal to use as a solution, and I'm losing features and performance.

So... any ideas?

Thanks I've diagnosed a major video problem, but the fix is an issue... :)

:)

DannyG13, Feb 15, 2020

2. video playback issue after windows 10 update

Hi Mark,

Corrupted software and/or driver issues could be the reasons why you're experiencing problems when playing videos. We suggest that you try these steps, then check if the issue persists:

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 15, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

WiFi Connection Problem

Hello Claire,

For us to isolate the issue you are experiencing, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When did the issue started?
    • Have you made any software or hardware changes to your device prior to the issue?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problem. Here's how to run the troubleshooter:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that resolves the problem.

David Haz, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

1. I've diagnosed a major video problem, but the fix is an issue... - Similar Threads - I've diagnosed major

2. Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue: Hi,I have been experiencing very frequent BSODs as of late. From what I can see, the BSODs tend to occur usually with a session of Ableton Live 11 a music production program, but sometimes happen without Ableton either. In case I open an Ableton project a BSOD can occur at...
  3. Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue: Hi,I have been experiencing very frequent BSODs as of late. From what I can see, the BSODs tend to occur usually with a session of Ableton Live 11 a music production program, but sometimes happen without Ableton either. In case I open an Ableton project a BSOD can occur at...
  4. Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Major Performance Issue with Output of Sound & Video

Major Performance Issue with Output of Sound & Video: Any explanation why Windows Media Player requires a correction of play-speed at 0.77 to playback right any or all material? see pictureGroove Music also requires this correction to playback right but no such setting is offered in its interface....
  6. I've diagnosed a major video problem, but the fix is an issue...

in Windows 10 Support
    I've diagnosed a major video problem, but the fix is an issue...: Hi, so I'd been plagued by lock ups on wake for a long time, and couldn't diagnose because no errors were appearing. About 3 weeks ago, one finally appeared in reliability monitor and a bit of googling claimed it was the Nvidia drivers. I switched back to an old set, and...
  7. Major problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major problem.: Windows can't sign into my account although I have been using it for 3+years. I have tried almost every solution I could find on the internet and restarted my pc several times. It just keeps on logging me into a temporary user profile and repeats that it's unable to sign in...
  8. Major issue

Major issue: I experienced a blue screen last week which My laptop had to restart, since then when I try to open certain programs I get C:\windows\system32\dhcpcsv.dll is either not designed to run on windows or its contains an error. Error status 0xc0000006, plus my WiFi network...
  9. Major problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Major problem: amazon says I have been hacked by North Korea they say only micro soft can fix and they want 500 dollars what can I do please help me 112044
  10. Major issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Major issues: Hey guys, so I am only 15 so I am not the best with computers, but I am pretty good. So I've had so many issues with this thing its unreal. Probs had to reset from scratched about 5-7 times so far. So, when i first got it reset this time, everything was great, then my...