Windows 10: I've disabled the Update Assistant and now want to have it back

Discus and support I've disabled the Update Assistant and now want to have it back in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've entirely disabled the Update Assistant, it was really really challenging to do it, but after many attempts I've done it following some of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Thomas Jr, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Thomas Jr Win User

I've disabled the Update Assistant and now want to have it back

I've entirely disabled the Update Assistant, it was really really challenging to do it, but after many attempts

I've done it following some of the instructions here (about 2 years ago):

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...dates-in/57bcdc25-08c8-42cf-9bb8-d1cf2337b957

Now, I want to put it back. How do I proceed?

I'm hoping to update Windows 10 again to maybe stop some crashes and make it safer, though I don't want this Update to entirely

modify my settings, options, customizations, remove programs, totally change the look and behavior of the system, hide menus, etc.,

which Microsoft has the awful habit of doing as the abusive company it is.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot

:)

Thomas Jr, Aug 10, 2019

2. How to disable the Update Assistant

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. You can disable the Update Assistant but we suggest to free up spaces on your computer so when the time comes you can update your Windows. It is essential to get the Update since it will give you more features and protection
    for your Windows. You can follow the steps below on how to disable Update Assistant:

• On Search bar, type in Task Scheduler then click on it to open.
    • In the left pane, navigate to Task Scheduler Library>
      Microsoft > Windows > UpdateOrchestrator.
    • Look at the right pane and click on Update Assistant.
    • Look for Triggers tab (usually at the bottom), then click on each triggers and choose
      Disable at the right side.
    • If you see Update Assistant CalendarRun under Update Assistant, you can do the same thing to it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Lemuel Cie, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Update assistant

Hi Dave,

You can disable update assistant by following these steps:

• On the search bar,
      type
      Task Scheduler
      and hit
      Enter.

• Navigate to
      Windows > Update Orchestrator.

• Double-click
      on
      Update Assistant
      in the right pane.

• Under
      triggers tab,
      uncheck Enable
      on every triggers that start the update.

• Click
      OK.

• Double click
      on
      Update Assistant
      CalendarRun.

• Under
      triggers tab,
      uncheck Enable
      on every triggers that start the update.

• Click
      OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Hibernation being disabled (perhaps by Windows Update)

The hibefil.sys doesn't delete itself, nor does Windows delete it normally. I suspect it's down to the Update Assistant, did you look at removing it using the steps in this post as I suggested earlier?

Block Windows 10 update assistant/all updates

Thema:

1. I've disabled the Update Assistant and now want to have it back - Similar Threads - I've disabled Update

2. I've been having this problem for about a year now. I have no idea what's wrong so I've...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've been having this problem for about a year now. I have no idea what's wrong so I've...: Hello,The problem I am having is icons on my desktop task bar are always turning invisible, everyday, without fail. This only happens with icons in my taskbar and nowhere else on my desktop. All my graphic drivers are up to date as well as my windows version.I can still click...
  3. I've been having this problem for about a year now. I have no idea what's wrong so I've...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've been having this problem for about a year now. I have no idea what's wrong so I've...: Hello,The problem I am having is icons on my desktop task bar are always turning invisible, everyday, without fail. This only happens with icons in my taskbar and nowhere else on my desktop. All my graphic drivers are up to date as well as my windows version.I can still click...
  4. I've been having this problem for about a year now. I have no idea what's wrong so I've...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I disabled HDMI audio on external monitor; now I want it back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I disabled HDMI audio on external monitor; now I want it back: Hi, this is my first post here, hope it's in the right place. I recently added an old Dell Inspiron AIO as a second monitor. The audio was coming out of the speakers, so I found a thread on this forum that explained how to disable the audio. Now, I want to be able to enable...
  6. After updating this morning I have this error. I've disabled secure boot control, disabled...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After updating this morning I have this error. I've disabled secure boot control, disabled...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tokendoke [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m8k2lu/after_updating_this_morning_i_have_this_error_ive/
  7. Drivers Updated, want to go back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers Updated, want to go back: So, I've been trying to run Minecraft on high FPS. I used to run on REALLY HIGH FPS, but now it's been dipping. I've heard that if you go back to the original driver update from when you first got your PC, your FPS will go back up. If anyone knows how to find out what drivers...
  8. want to disable windows update service

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    want to disable windows update service: Is there any legitimate way beside the registry method to disable the windows update service ? It keeps turning itself on during next reboot and I really want to to disable it for now. Someone help ? submitted by /u/xNEONZZ [link] [comments]...
  9. Rolled back from 1703 to 1607, but now I want it back...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rolled back from 1703 to 1607, but now I want it back...: The other day I got 1703 pushed to me through Windows Update, but upon successful install experienced the Broadcom issue. Semi panicking I rolled back to 1607. Now that I know how to deal with this issue, I want to give 1703 another shot. Just how can I get it back? "1703...
  10. Disabled services have been turned back ON again (after update?)

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabled services have been turned back ON again (after update?): I am running a host with Windows 10 Pro and multiple VMs (I am no longer using HyperV, that's a disaster, I'll save that discussion for another thread). Because it's a host, I want as few running bits as possible. I disabled a week ago all services which I do not need...