Windows 10: I've done everything possible to stop Windows Defender from hogging Memory and nothing is...

Discus and support I've done everything possible to stop Windows Defender from hogging Memory and nothing is... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've added MsMpEng.exe to exclusions in Windows Security Settings, and I've unchecked 'run with highest privlieges' yet Antimalware Service Executable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/osowavy, Nov 19, 2019.

1. I've done everything possible to stop Windows Defender from hogging Memory and nothing is...

I've added MsMpEng.exe to exclusions in Windows Security Settings, and I've unchecked 'run with highest privlieges' yet Antimalware Service Executable continues to take up over 100 mb of memory.

Is there anything else I can do?

submitted by /u/osowavy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/osowavy, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Georgz Win User

Windows Defender hogs memory, what is best solution?

I have always used Windows Defender until I found my PC running too slow. I looked at the operations and Defender was near the top of the list. I read about it hogging memory and shut it off. My PC ran like a dream.

I stay clear from Bitdefender, Avast and others because of malware and advertising hi-jinx.

I found the following post on the issue (It appears dangerous to try without better directions)

Thanks,

Georgz, Nov 19, 2019
  3. RickODom Win User
    Why is microsoft edge such a memory hog?

the reason they do not show up is that the app list has the launch DLL and is tracking that. It takes very little memory as you can see. Edge is a HUGE resource hog. My dissection is that there are two issues for MS. 1. a serious memory leak in the
    code as usage jumps all over the place. 2. that the developers did not include commands to release memory upon exit of functions or a tab. This is a very serious design flaw and MS needs to step up and fix it. I have to say that Chrome and Mozilla also
    use extraordinary amounts of memory too and I think they have the same problem of failing to release memory on exit. This does not bode well for us users out in MS land. Please, MS development team, address this memory issue or folks will stop using Edge.
    I like Edge, but it's memory use and CPU use is not bearable.

Rick ODom

POSH IT, LLC

RickODom, Nov 19, 2019
  4. I've done everything possible to stop Windows Defender from hogging Memory and nothing is...

Temporarily Stop All Microsoft Windows Defender Processes In Windows 10

I'm running a huge sync job and Microsoft Windows Defender is hogging a ton of memory and creating a lot of disk I/O requests on my drive as well.

I know how to disable Windows Defender but I do not want to reboot my PC while this sync in going on to disable it. I also turned off real-time protection but that did not accomplish freeing the memory up like I expected. I really just need to stop the MsMpEng.exe application.

Is it possible to temporarily stop Windows Defender application and then start it again without needing to reboot the PC?

Arvo Bowen, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

I've done everything possible to stop Windows Defender from hogging Memory and nothing is...

1. I've done everything possible to stop Windows Defender from hogging Memory and nothing is... - Similar Threads - I've done everything

2. Pc is crashing, I've done everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc is crashing, I've done everything: It's every day that it happens. It's the problem with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION I'm so done with this. Every day when I'm playing games or doing work I always have the thought in my head that my PC's going to crash and I'm going to lose progress on the game or on the work that...
  3. Pc is crashing, I've done everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc is crashing, I've done everything: It's every day that it happens. It's the problem with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION I'm so done with this. Every day when I'm playing games or doing work I always have the thought in my head that my PC's going to crash and I'm going to lose progress on the game or on the work that...
  4. Pc is crashing, I've done everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pc is crashing, I've done everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Pc is crashing, I've done everything

7. Pc is crashing, I've done everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Audio cracking, done everything possible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio cracking, done everything possible: Hi there,Before we start specs as follows -I7 9700kRTX3070TIAsus Z370 V2RMX 850w Corsair PSU16GB DDR4 3000mhz corsair vengeanceWin 10 HomeNever posted on one of these types of things before but i'm out of options. So i've recently sent my PC in for an RMA, the motherboard was...
  9. Audio cracking, done everything possible

Audio cracking, done everything possible: Hi there,Before we start specs as follows -I7 9700kRTX3070TIAsus Z370 V2RMX 850w Corsair PSU16GB DDR4 3000mhz corsair vengeanceWin 10 HomeNever posted on one of these types of things before but i'm out of options. So i've recently sent my PC in for an RMA, the motherboard was...
  10. Audio cracking, done everything possible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging