Windows 10: I've done goofed with my documents folder.

Discus and support I've done goofed with my documents folder. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I wanted to change my documents system folder location from C:\ to D:\. Yes, I now know that if you just select the new location as plain D:\ in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Or Mandelik, Mar 15, 2021.

1. I've done goofed with my documents folder.

I wanted to change my documents system folder location from C:\ to D:\. Yes, I now know that if you just select the new location as plain D:\ in the location tab, it takes over your entire D:\ and you cannot separate between the two. But I discovered this only after I did it. I tried following this:

"My Documents" folder missing after I switched it from - Microsoft Community

it was helpful to some degree, but I encountered the same problem as op, which was never answered After creating a folder named "Documents" it disappeared so I hit a brick wall. I tried looking around the internet some more and founded that I can change the default location of the documents system folder via registry using this random post: How can I move the My Documents and My Pictures folders? itprotoday.com

and then I created the folder like in the original thread, and then after restarting the PC, in the quick access menu, I had a folder named Documents that was located in my user folder. I then opened a folder name Documents in D:\, moved the location of the system folder to it, all I thought all was good. But, there were some problems. First, the original files that were in the original documents system folder before I did anything at all didn't move to the newest documents folder, they stayed in plain D:\ which they moved there when I first moved the system folder to plain D:\. Second, the "This PC" screen looks a bit weird:

I've done goofed with my documents folder. 678f7f9a-f172-42b6-8911-5e91f6dbbf0d?upload=true.png

and when I press the properties on the folder named D:\ with the documents icon, it has a location tab, and if I press the restore default button, it says that it is my user folder. It kinda feels like I now have two document folders. Things generally work, but have trouble finding what they're looking for sometimes. I'd appreciate any help!

:)

Or Mandelik, Mar 15, 2021

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Micah Bat Win User

I've done goofed with my documents folder.

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

I've done goofed with my documents folder.

1. I've done goofed with my documents folder. - Similar Threads - I've done goofed

2. Pc is crashing, I've done everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc is crashing, I've done everything: It's every day that it happens. It's the problem with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION I'm so done with this. Every day when I'm playing games or doing work I always have the thought in my head that my PC's going to crash and I'm going to lose progress on the game or on the work that...
  3. Pc is crashing, I've done everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc is crashing, I've done everything: It's every day that it happens. It's the problem with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION I'm so done with this. Every day when I'm playing games or doing work I always have the thought in my head that my PC's going to crash and I'm going to lose progress on the game or on the work that...
  4. Pc is crashing, I've done everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pc is crashing, I've done everything

6. Pc is crashing, I've done everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows Boot Goof!

Windows Boot Goof!: I'm a semi Geek myself, but we Geeks are still more than capable of making "human" mistakes! I did! On my laptop I accidentally disabled all services in "msconfig" when trying to boot into SAFE mode. Big goof. I now cannot boot or access anything. I took out the SSD and...
  8. Missing a personal folder in my documents and I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing a personal folder in my documents and I've tried everything: submitted by /u/koloniavenus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqldfs/missing_a_personal_folder_in_my_documents_and_ive/
  9. I done goofed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I done goofed: I've been having a lot of issues with the USB connection of the Oculus Rift S, and I've tried basically everything to get it working again to no avail. So I thought, well not everyone has these issues, so maybe it's a problem with the USB controller itself. I uninstalled...
  10. No idea what I've done!

in Windows 10 Support
    No idea what I've done!: [img] Hi OK I am having File Explorer problems. Firstly under "This PC" I seem to have 2 Desktop folders (see pic) By default, I have downloaded files (music, movies etc) going straight onto the desktop. Tonight, however, I couldn't find my recently downloaded files...