Windows 10: I've done something wrong while setting up this PC and I'm trying to correct it

Discus and support I've done something wrong while setting up this PC and I'm trying to correct it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I'm setting up this PC for someone who doesn't have a microsoft account and does not want one. When they asked me to set up the PC, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/duddy33, Jan 19, 2021.

1. I've done something wrong while setting up this PC and I'm trying to correct it

I've done something wrong while setting up this PC and I'm trying to correct it oq-1SHEe0BlvzMVup-FvgEvdGeevEU_9vKVE1tyeqFY.jpg

I'm setting up this PC for someone who doesn't have a microsoft account and does not want one. When they asked me to set up the PC, the initial set up environment prompts you to log in with a microsoft account and I could not find a way to use an offline account instead (I thought that used to be possible). So I used my personal account knowing once it was all set up, I could go to "Accounts" and click "Use Offline Account Instead". I did that, but in the User folder, it still displays my account name and not the name of the offline account. The offline account is also the only one showing up if you try to manage user accounts. Can I fix this?

https://preview.redd.it/8ncepb06ibc...bp&s=e0a067f38b7429073db5f3b2685d51df8394b0e1

submitted by /u/duddy33
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/duddy33, Jan 19, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Again, Location is not correct on the maps, Showing me in another state!

Hi Wael,

Wrong region settings or corruption may be the possible reason why a location was not correct or showing a different state. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to change it to the default location?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from making sure that region settings was correct?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot Cortana. You may expand each section and try performing the instructions that you have not yet done.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 19, 2021
  4. I've done something wrong while setting up this PC and I'm trying to correct it

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

I've done something wrong while setting up this PC and I'm trying to correct it

1. I've done something wrong while setting up this PC and I'm trying to correct it - Similar Threads - I've done something

2. I'm trying to set up a new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to set up a new PC: When I started it, it said that I could back up my old PC and restore it on the new one. The first step is apparently to open "Windows Backup," but I can't find any "Windows Backup" on my old PC. What do I do now?...
  3. I'm trying to set up a new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm trying to set up a new PC: When I started it, it said that I could back up my old PC and restore it on the new one. The first step is apparently to open "Windows Backup," but I can't find any "Windows Backup" on my old PC. What do I do now?...
  4. I'm trying to set up a new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Pc is crashing, I've done everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc is crashing, I've done everything: It's every day that it happens. It's the problem with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION I'm so done with this. Every day when I'm playing games or doing work I always have the thought in my head that my PC's going to crash and I'm going to lose progress on the game or on the work that...
  6. Pc is crashing, I've done everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc is crashing, I've done everything: It's every day that it happens. It's the problem with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION I'm so done with this. Every day when I'm playing games or doing work I always have the thought in my head that my PC's going to crash and I'm going to lose progress on the game or on the work that...
  7. Pc is crashing, I've done everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. "Something went wrong" while trying to change PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Something went wrong" while trying to change PIN: Hi,I forgot my laptop PIN, so I clicked forgot PIN. I entered my Microsoft account and received the code via the email which I used to register my Microsoft account. When I entered the code I received, and completed all the steps, it went into a loading screen fora few...
  9. something went wrong try to reopen settings later

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    something went wrong try to reopen settings later: i am trying to update to my window 10 its error show that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong-try-to-reopen-settings-later/f8cd58c3-b86d-47da-ad5b-fe5ec6c9c46b
  10. If I've done something wrong I apologize

in Windows 10 Support
    If I've done something wrong I apologize: I can't find my post about 2 identical items showing up in the Internet explorer If you move or delete my post I would appreciate a "WHY & Where ". Thank you 151015