Windows 10: I've got a message I don't need or want showing in my phone link on my PC. How can I delete it?

Discus and support I've got a message I don't need or want showing in my phone link on my PC. How can I delete it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I delete messages from phone link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jim Libby, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Jim Libby Win User

I've got a message I don't need or want showing in my phone link on my PC. How can I delete it?

How can I delete messages from phone link

:)

Jim Libby, Jun 9, 2023
  2. Paulo GM Win User

Deleting messages from PC Phone Link App

Hi Sdrum, I am Paulo and I'd like to help.

Unfortunately, there's no way to delete a message from the Phone Link app yet. I believe the intention of having the messages in Phone Link is to view and reply quickly using the PC but they haven't included yet the deletion of SMS.

I suggest you submit this feedback in Phone Link's settings > Feedback & Community.

If you have a Samsung device, you can open the messaging app thru Apps in Phone Link to fully access your device.

For List of Supported devices

https://support.microsoft.com/topic/cb044172-87...

Paulo GM, Jun 9, 2023
  3. pc won`t update

I`ve been trying to solve this problem for 3 months to no avail.

PLEASE HELP!!!

EVERY time the computer check new updates, the following message appears:

We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet.

My PC is connected to the internet, so this could not be the problem.

you`ve only directed me to a window link, which I don`T really understand.

Could ANYONE PLEASE send me a simple answer how I can solve this problem step by step???????

Thanks.

Arnon

ArnonZlotnik, Jun 9, 2023
  4. I've got a message I don't need or want showing in my phone link on my PC. How can I delete it?

Phone Link not showing Contact Names....again

I was able to fix this on my computer by following these steps:

1. In the Phone Link app on PC, go to Settings, click the My Devices tab, and use the ellipsis (...) menu on your device to remove it, then close the app.
    2. On your phone (mine is an Android), go to Settings, Apps, Link to Windows, Open, then remove your PC from the Linked Computers section.
    3. Restart your phone.
    4. Re-link the phone and PC by restarting the Phone Link app on your PC and following the step to add your device.
    5. Perhaps this is the critical thing, but I noticed in the Link to Windows app on Android, there is a toggle to "Sync contacts" under the list of Linked Computers, which was disabled for me. Turn this on.
    Contacts are showing up again for me now - yay!

FredFredrickson, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

I've got a message I don't need or want showing in my phone link on my PC. How can I delete it?

1. I've got a message I don't need or want showing in my phone link on my PC. How can I delete it? - Similar Threads - I've got message

2. I used to like the windows phone link but I got a message to my laptop windows phone link...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I used to like the windows phone link but I got a message to my laptop windows phone link...: While reporting the problem with the message appearing on laptop windows phone link I was talking on my mobile phone to microsoft to try and resolve the issue and got a text to stop fooling with the phone app that why it doesnt work the text was separate from the phone call...
  3. I used to like the windows phone link but I got a message to my laptop windows phone link...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I used to like the windows phone link but I got a message to my laptop windows phone link...: While reporting the problem with the message appearing on laptop windows phone link I was talking on my mobile phone to microsoft to try and resolve the issue and got a text to stop fooling with the phone app that why it doesnt work the text was separate from the phone call...
  4. How delete messages that appear in Phone Link but are not on my phone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How delete messages that appear in Phone Link but are not on my phone?: I have reenabled phone link after not using it for many months. I now have two text messages in phone link that do not exist on my phone. How do I delete them? Thanks....
  5. How delete messages that appear in Phone Link but are not on my phone?

How delete messages that appear in Phone Link but are not on my phone?: I have reenabled phone link after not using it for many months. I now have two text messages in phone link that do not exist on my phone. How do I delete them? Thanks....
  6. I've got a message I don't need or want showing in my phone link on my PC. How can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've got a message I don't need or want showing in my phone link on my PC. How can I delete it?: How can I delete messages from phone link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-got-a-message-i-dont-need-or-want-showing-in/d91349ea-6830-46a6-b53a-e27ea2e3c8e7
  7. My Phone Link version 1.23032.196.0 for PC displays old messages I've deleted on my linked...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Phone Link version 1.23032.196.0 for PC displays old messages I've deleted on my linked...: I've disconnected, uninstalled, and reinstalled the app on my phone and laptop and still have this issue. I have a Moto G Stylus 2022 phone/Laptop: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045. Thank you....
  8. My Phone Link version 1.23032.196.0 for PC displays old messages I've deleted on my linked...

My Phone Link version 1.23032.196.0 for PC displays old messages I've deleted on my linked...: I've disconnected, uninstalled, and reinstalled the app on my phone and laptop and still have this issue. I have a Moto G Stylus 2022 phone/Laptop: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045. Thank you....
  9. I need help linking my phone text messages to my PC. Can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help linking my phone text messages to my PC. Can anyone help?: I just linked my phone to my laptop to get text messages to my PC. I need 6 months of text messages from one contact for a book deal. I am only seeing about 10% of the messages. How can I get them all? I need messages as far back as June 15th. This is my 2nd attempt. I bought...
  10. I need help linking my phone text messages to my PC. Can anyone help?

I need help linking my phone text messages to my PC. Can anyone help?: I just linked my phone to my laptop to get text messages to my PC. I need 6 months of text messages from one contact for a book deal. I am only seeing about 10% of the messages. How can I get them all? I need messages as far back as June 15th. This is my 2nd attempt. I bought...