Windows 10: I've got a very slow hard drive...

Discus and support I've got a very slow hard drive... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My hard drive is 3TB and very slow it gets up to 100% when trying to perform easy tasks like looking things up on the internet.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JackTDS, Aug 12, 2019.

1. JackTDS Win User

I've got a very slow hard drive...

My hard drive is 3TB and very slow it gets up to 100% when trying to perform easy tasks like looking things up on the internet.

:)

JackTDS, Aug 12, 2019

2. Slow hard drive

I don't know how it slows it down, I just know that windows goes crazy if I have my USB drive in my computer while trying to boot windows *Laugh :laugh:. And I got the list trick off of Wazzledoozle.

zekrahminator, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Aug 12, 2019
  4. I've got a very slow hard drive...

Slow hard drive

Yeah...it's a Maxtor *Stick Out Tongue I've got a very slow hard drive... :p. Okay fine maybe the drive is good. I remember when I had problems with my WD SATA2 drive being crazy. Remember to...
    • Remove any external drives, that makes windows go CRAZY.
    • Correctly set jumpers, there should be some documentation on top of your hard drive.
    • Install SATA drivers for your chipset and make sure they are up to date.
    • Update your motherboard's BIOS.
    If none of those work, I wouldn't be surprised if you had a bad drive, and should return it ASAP.

zekrahminator, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

I've got a very slow hard drive...

1. I've got a very slow hard drive... - Similar Threads - I've got very

2. External Hard Drive Is Slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive Is Slow: Is there a bug in the Windows or hardware interface to external hard drives? This question has been asked indirectly in nearly every forum over the last decade and is usually associated with image backups of any sort. Why the focus on image backups? Because they take...
  3. Hard Drive Too Slow

Hard Drive Too Slow: My hard disk is too slow. I even changed the SATA port once. But still copying files is slow and task manager is showing the disk usage at 100% when files are being copied. I checked with CrystalDiskInfo and it says Caution as in the image. Please help me fix this issue....
  4. I've got hacked by a ransomware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I've got hacked by a ransomware: Today I got hacked by ransomware. I can log in and and i have most of the data not encrypted. I don't need the encrypted data. I just want to remove this virus from my pc Q1 Is there anyway to do it without formatting my hard desk ? When I try to open Kaspersky to run a...
  5. Very very slow computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very very slow computer: My laptop Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series became very very slow in running all applications etc since last 2 weeks. It started after installing few window updates. How to get out of it. Please help....
  6. Very, very slow internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very, very slow internet: Good Morning For the past week I have been having problems with internet pages being very slow to load, having to be constantly refreshed to display the content and often not displaying the content at all despite repeated attempts. I have had my telephone line and...
  7. removable hard drive is too slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    removable hard drive is too slow: My hard drive sometimes stay at 30MB/s, but it also sometimes stays at 1MB/s. I get 30MB/s very rarely so I decided to go to properties of hard drive and change it to better performance. After this for the first few seconds it is 100-60MB/s but it will soon drop to 1MB/s and...
  8. hard drive slow to poplulate

hard drive slow to poplulate: I have a 1 terabyte data drive. When I first click on the drive's icon it takes about 10 seconds for the icons to populate. After that it pops right up. I used Western Digital lifeguard . checks okay. I turned off indexing. I set customized folders to General. Is...
  9. ~4700 hours old laptop hard drive is very slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ~4700 hours old laptop hard drive is very slow: Hi, so I have this problem. At first, my computer started feeling really slow, the boot times were quite long about 3min. and I tried to reinstall Windows, it helped for a bit but then the problem reappeared again. So I started looking deeper, I scanned my computer with...
  10. Windows 10: You've got questions, I've got answers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: You've got questions, I've got answers: Windows 10 is available as a free upgrade to every qualified device running retail or OEM versions of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. (Enterprise editions do not qualify.) The free upgrade offer began with the official release of Windows 10 on July 29, 2015, and lasts for one year...