Windows 10: I've got a virus that is stumping anti-malware software, need help. LiveSetupLdr.exe

Discus and support I've got a virus that is stumping anti-malware software, need help. LiveSetupLdr.exe in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm running Win10 of course and I have this issue where when I open up task manager my cpu usage drops from ~90 to ~10 instantaneously, I've read... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Aidan Soprych, Jan 9, 2019.

1. I've got a virus that is stumping anti-malware software, need help. LiveSetupLdr.exe

I'm running Win10 of course and I have this issue where when I open up task manager my cpu usage drops from ~90 to ~10 instantaneously, I've read online that this is malware and to back this up when I start up my pc for a split second after booting windows there a command box with the name LiveSetupLdr and the icon is a little trojan helmet. This is up for a split second but instantly closes itself. I have tried malware bytes, adwcleaner, and windows defender but they have come up with nothing on my pc. I'm stuck at this point, what should I do?

:)

Aidan Soprych, Jan 9, 2019

2. McAffee and Emsisoft Anti Malware

I personally use Emsisoft Anti-Malware and IMO it is far better than McAfee...

If you decide to use Emsisoft, please make sure to fully uninstall McAfee with the help of their specific removal tool from this List
    of anti-malware product removal tools
    before you install Emsisoft.

Suggestion to read:

FYI:

I've asked a moderator to remove the best buy link in your post. If you want to buy Emsisoft Anti Malware then it's best to go directly to their site: emsisoft.com

Jsssssssss, Jan 9, 2019
  3. SoFine409 Win User
    Anti-virus and Anti-malware??

Hi Tsw88. While you will see that everyone has their favorite antivirus software, one especially effective step that you can take, in addition to antivirus software, is to make frequent backup images and store them off line so that if you are the victim of ransomware or virus that you will be able to restore your PC from the backup. Many people here use Macrium Reflect either the paid or free version and store the images on a NAS or a USB drive. This will also protect you from bad updates or accidental loss of files. If you don't already do this you really should look into this.

SoFine409, Jan 9, 2019
  4. I've got a virus that is stumping anti-malware software, need help. LiveSetupLdr.exe

Firewall, Anti-Virus, Malware Protection for Windows 10

Microsoft recommends the use of its own products and sites.

>
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/products

There does not exist 1 security product which is THE best and which will catch each and every infection..

Whenever you think that your computer might be infected you can run on-demand scans with some of the products listed here:

List of Malware Removal Tools

Suggestion to read

Jsssssssss, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

I've got a virus that is stumping anti-malware software, need help. LiveSetupLdr.exe

1. I've got a virus that is stumping anti-malware software, need help. LiveSetupLdr.exe - Similar Threads - I've got virus

2. Anti Virus Software

in Windows 10 Customization
    Anti Virus Software: Hi, Do I need to renew my Norton's 360 subscription if Windows 10 now has an upgraded Windows Defender built in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus-software/a3942b28-92aa-409f-adcb-ec13fc5bbb94
  3. anti-virus software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    anti-virus software?: I am using a mac right now. I am thinking of getting a windows laptop. Mac's specs are fairly bad. The last time I had a windows laptop I had a lot of viruses. How's your situation with current anti-virus software? I use sites like putlocker, and sometimes use torrents....
  4. ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE: IF I HAVE WINDOWS 10, DO I NEED TO SUBSCRIBE TO ADDITIONAL ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE SUCH AS MCAFEE OR NORTON? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus-software/c2f34cf1-977f-41bb-a59c-93aa92349426
  5. anti virus malware

anti virus malware: what is the best anti virus malware product to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus-malware/071e19f9-9d23-4806-8462-06b6fc936657"
  6. Do we really need anti-virus/anti-malware software? e.g. BitDefender?

Do we really need anti-virus/anti-malware software? e.g. BitDefender?: Hello Do we really need anti-virus/anti-malware software? I have been using BitDefender Total Security (v2019), but GBP 70.00 seems expensive. Plus I am wondering how much it slows my PC down... J 139924
  7. Anti virus software

Anti virus software: I have just bought the complete Windows package and wonder whether this includes anti virus software or do i need to buy this separately ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus-software/33a126e6-72c0-4759-940a-f1e8017c6bb8
  8. Anti-virus Software!

Anti-virus Software!: I am looking anti-virus software for for Microsoft Windows10 something light! I had Norton 360 is expired and I think it was too heavy for for windows 10. Any suggestions ?...
  9. Anti virus and malware protection

Anti virus and malware protection: Is the Windows Defender very effective protection against any harms that may be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/anti-virus-and-malware-protection/6a679aa5-3f2b-4172-84f6-b812aa914cfb
  10. Anti-virus and Anti-malware??

Anti-virus and Anti-malware??: 1. Do I need a particular anti-malware software , in addition to Anti-virus? 2. Is the paid version of Avast good and sufficient enough to reduce risks? 3. Is "malware" a collective term that includes ransomware, adware, spyware ...... or are they all different things...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c\User\ron\AppData\Local\Temp\LiveSetupLdr.exe

2. LivesetupLdr.exe

3. c\user\ron\app data\local\temp\live setup L dr.exe

4. livesetupldr trojan,
  5. livesetupldr