Windows 10: i've got bad overscan on my tv, how can i fix it? the tv is kinda old so there is no option...

Discus and support i've got bad overscan on my tv, how can i fix it? the tv is kinda old so there is no option... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bromomento69 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bromomento69, Aug 12, 2020.

1. i've got bad overscan on my tv, how can i fix it? the tv is kinda old so there is no option...

/u/bromomento69, Aug 12, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

1080p tv wont display properly with computer

I know what's happening: the TV is overscanning the display and this is usually something changeable. I agree that it will look terrible overscanned.

There will be a button on the remote or menu option somewhere that allows you to change the aspect ratio. It should have several settings which you step through and one of them should map the display 1:1 to the computer's output. On the TV I had, the appropriate setting was called "Full", but all TV's are different.

qubit, Aug 12, 2020
  3. batlhilz Win User
    TV being used as a Monitor. Font is blurry.

About the TV. It should do the overscan setting correctly then and no cutting off of image / missing parts of image. It does blurry text to me to if its on "wrong" port.

And check if you can fix the TV via input list to a PC or Console -mode.

batlhilz, Aug 12, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

i've got bad overscan on my tv, how can i fix it? the tv is kinda old so there is no option...

1080p tv wont display properly with computer

Forgot all about that option, could be that it zoomed too

Hopefully he finds it *Smile i've got bad overscan on my tv, how can i fix it? the tv is kinda old so there is no option... :).

AsRock, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

i've got bad overscan on my tv, how can i fix it? the tv is kinda old so there is no option...

1. i've got bad overscan on my tv, how can i fix it? the tv is kinda old so there is no option... - Similar Threads - i've got bad

2. hOW CAN i MIRROR MY LAPTOP TO MY tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hOW CAN i MIRROR MY LAPTOP TO MY tv: hOW CAN i MIRROR MY LAPTOP TO MY tTV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-mirror-my-laptop-to-my-tv/ee9a617b-9708-46ec-b0fe-db0dcfaeda57
  3. hOW CAN i MIRROR MY LAPTOP TO MY tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hOW CAN i MIRROR MY LAPTOP TO MY tv: hOW CAN i MIRROR MY LAPTOP TO MY tTV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-mirror-my-laptop-to-my-tv/ee9a617b-9708-46ec-b0fe-db0dcfaeda57
  4. How can I connect my laptop to my TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I connect my laptop to my TV: My HP laptop running Windows 11 has a completely broken screen. I attempted to connect it to my TV in order to use it as a monitor to transfer data to my new laptop, but unfortunately, it did not work. Can someone please provide assistance with this issue? I would greatly...
  5. How can I connect my laptop to my TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I connect my laptop to my TV: My HP laptop running Windows 11 has a completely broken screen. I attempted to connect it to my TV in order to use it as a monitor to transfer data to my new laptop, but unfortunately, it did not work. Can someone please provide assistance with this issue? I would greatly...
  6. Just ordered a 4K TV: How can I view the stuff on my Computer on my TV?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Just ordered a 4K TV: How can I view the stuff on my Computer on my TV?: So I just ordered a 4k TV that I plan on using with my main Computer System that has a 1080p 144hz monitor. What I really want to to do is be able to watch my Desktop on one screen and the movie on the other. I never had dual monitor set up before. How can I do this and what...
  7. overscanning/ bad scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
    overscanning/ bad scaling: So I recently got a new tv to use as my main monitor, I decided to take my old main and use it in portrait mode on the side of the new monitor. now before setting it to portrait, my setting for the screen were perfect, no over scanning , no needing display zoomed in, the text...
  8. I got an error with Movies and TV app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I got an error with Movies and TV app: It is 0xc00d715f. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-an-error-with-movies-and-tv-app/1b68e83b-a7db-4c8b-97cb-c2d22d72e2c4
  9. How do I fix overscaling on my old TV screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fix overscaling on my old TV screen?: Just plugged in HDMI and split my screen. The TV screen is overscaled and I can't find display settings in NVIDIA control panel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-overscaling-on-my-old-tv-screen/261a96e0-c9d4-4b3e-85bd-2568af00490d
  10. TV connected to PC will only display 1920x1080. No overscan options.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    TV connected to PC will only display 1920x1080. No overscan options.: That model seems to be rather old ~12 years, and a native resolution of 1440 x 900. Limited input modes. Must be scaled to fit. Seems to do a 1080i or p input which would be scaled down and a few lower resolution inputs which would be scaled up. In conjunction with the...