Windows 10: I've had a pc for 8-10 yrs now running Win 10 that I use as a backup for my files.

Discus and support I've had a pc for 8-10 yrs now running Win 10 that I use as a backup for my files. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I ran win update in Dec and have not rebooted since then. I booted it up and it's now asking for a password never have had a password on it The hint... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PWink44, Feb 19, 2020.

1. PWink44 Win User

I've had a pc for 8-10 yrs now running Win 10 that I use as a backup for my files.

I ran win update in Dec and have not rebooted since then. I booted it up and it's now asking for a password never have had a password on it The hint for the password is my mother's maiden name is also my middle name and that does not work. It gives me an opportunity to answer 3 security questions but always comes back saying one or more of the 3 are incorrect. City where I was born, City where my parents met, name of 1st school I attended. How do I fix?

:)

PWink44, Feb 19, 2020
  2. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Nelson Ng Win User

I've had a pc for 8-10 yrs now running Win 10 that I use as a backup for my files.

windows 7 8 or 10

If you want a stable and (power) user-friendly Windows, stick to Win 7.

Win 8 should never have been released (I bought a Win 8 Pro upgrade at about US$13 when I bought my laptop more than 2 years ago and haven't even used the purchased key yet!).

If you're into gaming, Win 10 is a must because of DirectX 12. Moreover, it's a free upgrade. Just turn off all the privacy switches if you're paranoid. Only thing is you can't turn off Windows Updates. As the free Win 10 upgrade is only guaranteed for a year (till Jul/Aug 2016), backup an image of your Win 7 system then upgrade to Win 8. Backup another image of this Win 8 system then restore your Win 7 image. Then you can continue using your Win 7 until you are ready to "upgrade" to Win 8 anytime even after the free upgrade period (by restoring your Win 8 image, provided you don't change your hardware significantly) ...

Nelson Ng, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

1. I've had a pc for 8-10 yrs now running Win 10 that I use as a backup for my files. - Similar Threads - I've yrs running

2. i had Win 10 all up to date then something happen and had to back to Win 8. I put in to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i had Win 10 all up to date then something happen and had to back to Win 8. I put in to...: How do i reinstall 10 using the media creation tool without having to use a USB. ? and i type in windows 10 media creation toll and all i get is a bunch of videos how to do it. hHw do i get to the microsofts web site to find the windows 10 media creation tool? And i went to...
  3. i had Win 10 all up to date then something happen and had to back to Win 8. I put in to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i had Win 10 all up to date then something happen and had to back to Win 8. I put in to...: How do i reinstall 10 using the media creation tool without having to use a USB. ? and i type in windows 10 media creation toll and all i get is a bunch of videos how to do it. hHw do i get to the microsofts web site to find the windows 10 media creation tool? And i went to...
  4. i had Win 10 all up to date then something happen and had to back to Win 8. I put in to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can I use the actual theme of win 8 on win 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I use the actual theme of win 8 on win 10?: Hi! I much preferred the 8 theme. Multiple reasons: Better picked colors for the desktop background more pleasant looking taskbar with high transparency, which blended in better with the rest of the theme. Win10's is just off-color and smudgy looking. Centered titlebar...
  6. win 10 won't run backup

win 10 won't run backup: I am running win 10 on a surface pro 4 with the latest updates from MS. I have never used the backup option in Settings. Today I turned it on and selected only one folder, Documents, to backup. I selected my removable SD card as the backup drive. When I press the button...
  7. win 8 & win 10 won't install on my pc :

win 8 & win 10 won't install on my pc :: i have a costume PC build and every time i try to install win 8 or 10 , its install and after finish the system stake and never work , i try to Chang the hard drive and nothing happened , but win 7 it's work very good my PC spec : i5-4690k 16gb ram gtx 970 MB :...
  8. Laptop had Win 8 and upgraded to Win 10. Can I install a clean Win 10?

Laptop had Win 8 and upgraded to Win 10. Can I install a clean Win 10?: As topic says, friends laptop had Win 8 and he updated to Win 10. Now I wonder if he can install a clean Win 10 through USB with his Win 8 serialkey. 40889
  9. 8" tablet running win 10

8" tablet running win 10: Hi guys ive read all that you've posted here but it doesn't cover my problem, i have a 8" tablet running win 10 (upgraded from 8.1 bing) i want to sell the thing as ive bought another, So tried to reset & it just gets stuck. Either a blank screen or the tablet logo with...
  10. installed win 8 on hard drive, now want to use as backup drive

in Windows 10 Support
    installed win 8 on hard drive, now want to use as backup drive: Hi. I just installed windows 8 on this new 2gb disk as I was having issues with my current disk. My issues are resolved and I c an now boot up with my "old" drive, and now the "new" drive is going to be my backup drive, but when I click on the properties this is what I see....