Windows 10: I've hit a wall trying to fix my BOOT issue caused by POWER FAILURE...

Discus and support I've hit a wall trying to fix my BOOT issue caused by POWER FAILURE... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did a few searches here spending the last hour or so trying to find a solution to my issue... I've tried the most common fixes to no avail. The one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SP1104, Mar 9, 2021.

1. SP1104 Win User

I've hit a wall trying to fix my BOOT issue caused by POWER FAILURE...

I did a few searches here spending the last hour or so trying to find a solution to my issue... I've tried the most common fixes to no avail. The one route I did not go was "off to see the wizard" paying $59 for 1yr license.

I'm still hopeful my issue can be resolved short of a fresh install. If that is the only way... I plan to remove the existing HD to hopefully recover data (i'll probably ask for some advice on the best way to go about doing the recovery) and run a fresh install on a new drive.

Quick summary:
    Failed to reboot after an abrupt power outage (not in the middle of any major process).
    Startup Repair could not repair my PC
    Hit a wall with bootrec /fixboot "Access Denied"
    Ran chkdsk D:/f the other day and again just now "found no problems"
    In D:> ran dir /s there is a lot of data there.
    Reformatted Vol 3 assigned it letter G and labeled it Grec
    I ran the cmd code to find the boot files and rewrite them on G: That process failed.

You would think Windows would put some better tools on the USB BOOT ISO to help reset a system for common problems.?

Windows 10 Pro on a Dell Optiplex 7010 3.?Ghz think 8GBddr... it's been a stable work computer... no issues until this... 2ys old

Thanks for the assist if you're able.

Steve

(I tried to attach a couple of screen shots that are .jpg--- getting upload error.? Can I only upload a .png file?)

:)

SP1104, Mar 9, 2021

2. power issue

Hello,

Most of the time, this issue is caused by external devices that are possibly keeping the PC active which then results in the screen/display not turning off even after you've set the power settings. Try disconnecting any external devices, usually gaming devices,
    and check if the issue persists.

We also suggest running the Power troubleshooter to automatically troubleshoot any power issue. Just follow the steps below:

• Click on Search/Cortana, and then type Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    driver power state failure help!

Hi,

It is possible that the error Driver Power State Failure you received is can be caused by
    the driver itself or power settings.
    To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by S M Mahmudul Hasan
    on this thread on how to troubleshoot Driver Power State
    Failure.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Anna Bol Win User

Internet connection causes computer to loose power.

Hello Cliff,

An outdated network adapter can be one possible reason for this.
    To isolate the issue, kindly provide us these details:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • How are you connected to the internet? Is it via Ethernet cable or is it wirelessly connected?
    • Have you installed the latest Windows updates?

To help us diagnose the cause of this error, we would suggest that you follow these steps:

Step 1: Boot into safe mode and check if the issue persists

Safe mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services. To boot into safe mode, kindly follow the steps on this link.

Step 2: If issue does not persist in safe mode, we suggest you to place the computer in clean boot and check which third party application driver is causing the issue.

Follow the steps on this link to
    perform a clean boot.

Note: After troubleshooting, make sure to set the computer to start as usual as mentioned in Step 7 in the above KB article.

We’ll keep an eye out for your response.

Anna Bol, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

1. I've hit a wall trying to fix my BOOT issue caused by POWER FAILURE... - Similar Threads - I've hit wall

2. Hitting password brick wall trying to update hard drive to GPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hitting password brick wall trying to update hard drive to GPT: I am trying to convert my hard drives to GPT. I'm using step-by-step instructions:SettingsUpdate and SecurityRecoveryAdvanced Startup / Restart NowTroubleshootAdvanced OptionsAt which point it asks me for my user email and password. I give it my Microsoft user email and...
  3. Hitting password brick wall trying to update hard drive to GPT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hitting password brick wall trying to update hard drive to GPT: I am trying to convert my hard drives to GPT. I'm using step-by-step instructions:SettingsUpdate and SecurityRecoveryAdvanced Startup / Restart NowTroubleshootAdvanced OptionsAt which point it asks me for my user email and password. I give it my Microsoft user email and...
  4. Hitting password brick wall trying to update hard drive to GPT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Looking for grandmaster strategies - I've hit a wall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for grandmaster strategies - I've hit a wall: I've begun playing spider solitaire 2 suits at the grandmaster level and find that the same few cards will appear multiple times in a round. Like, 4 8s. I have yet to win a game at this level. Please tell me what kinds of strategies other players use at the grandmaster level....
  6. Looking for grandmaster strategies - I've hit a wall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for grandmaster strategies - I've hit a wall: I've begun playing spider solitaire 2 suits at the grandmaster level and find that the same few cards will appear multiple times in a round. Like, 4 8s. I have yet to win a game at this level. Please tell me what kinds of strategies other players use at the grandmaster level....
  7. 2 Screens Mouse hits invisible wall. How to fix this please?

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 Screens Mouse hits invisible wall. How to fix this please?: I performed a clean installation of windows 10 from windows 7.My Mouse hits a invisible wall if I try to go from my first screen to my second screen.Video demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFz8_gbgCs0Resolution is 1680x1050 on both screensThings I've...
  8. The issue that is impossible to fix - I've tried everything...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The issue that is impossible to fix - I've tried everything...: The issue I'm talking about is about the Explorer address bar always loading and never fully finishing, alongside thumbnails not appearing (partially only on some files) or Explorer simply saying "Loading..." and not showing anything at all. I've had this issue for years -...
  9. PC troubles, power failure caused?

in Windows 10 Support
    PC troubles, power failure caused?: Just before my Computer failed I had a series of local power failures. After this It started to boot up funny it would rapidly scroll through the boards diagnostic codes getting to A2 then starting over again several times in the end it stopped on 66. The BIOS screen is not...
  10. Hit a brick wall trying to make a windows 10 repair, recovery usb.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hit a brick wall trying to make a windows 10 repair, recovery usb.: I don't want to boar you with a lot of details so I'll keep short. I started to create a "Windows 10 Repair Boot USB Recovery Drive". Then I hit a brick wall, when the image I added popped up. I jumped from windows 7 to windows 10 using the free upgrade. So I don't have...