Windows 10: I've just been told by MS Support to use OneDrive to share files, what happened to networking?

Discus and support I've just been told by MS Support to use OneDrive to share files, what happened to networking? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had been using networking to share files between the computers on my home network since MS brought out Windows for Workgroups in the 1990s. Last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveF482, Sep 18, 2021.

1. SteveF482 Win User

I've just been told by MS Support to use OneDrive to share files, what happened to networking?

I had been using networking to share files between the computers on my home network since MS brought out Windows for Workgroups in the 1990s. Last Winter Windows update installed a new version of Windows 10 on my desktop machine and since then networking hasn't worked properly. I contacted MS support 6, or 7 times and the best that was achieved was the desktop could read/write laptop data, but the laptop couldn't even see the desktop. They can ping one another, but that isn't good enough. The desktop tells me that my password is incorrect, even though a I'm 100% certain that it is b both m

:)

SteveF482, Sep 18, 2021
  2. roycejp Win User

Network Discovery & File Sharing refuse to stay ON

Hi,

No, I don't have Malwarebytes installed.

I also followed the steps from the support link you suggested, but to no avail.

Actually all was fine until a day ago. This issue happened overnight.

Enabling Network discovery & file sharing (by any method) does not stick.
    It promptly switches back to OFF.

Thank you!

roycejp, Sep 18, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Need Help With File Sharing over a network

this can definitely be made to work, as i do it in my house easily.

that said, there is so many steps along the way you've ignored and not told us about, you REALLY need to go back to the basics and start from scratch.

share a folder, and see if you can connect manually via the IP address of the system.

do NOT ever expect the shares to magically just show up in the networking section of windows XP, that was an old, buggy, almost useless feature that never really worked right.

Mussels, Sep 18, 2021
  4. I've just been told by MS Support to use OneDrive to share files, what happened to networking?

sharing files

Hi Tracie,

If you would like to share files and folders, we suggest you to use OneDrive. Here are the

steps
    on how to Share OneDrive files and folders.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

I've just been told by MS Support to use OneDrive to share files, what happened to networking?

1. I've just been told by MS Support to use OneDrive to share files, what happened to networking? - Similar Threads - I've been told

2. I've just shared a folder on my personal onedrive. On the sharee's computer this file...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I've just shared a folder on my personal onedrive. On the sharee's computer this file...: I've just shared a folder on my personal onedrive. On the sharee's computer this file appears in their cloud account, but not on their computer. How canI get it to appear on their computer too?...
  3. I've just shared a folder on my personal onedrive. On the sharee's computer this file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've just shared a folder on my personal onedrive. On the sharee's computer this file...: I've just shared a folder on my personal onedrive. On the sharee's computer this file appears in their cloud account, but not on their computer. How canI get it to appear on their computer too?...
  4. I've just shared a folder on my personal onedrive. On the sharee's computer this file...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Just been told to upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just been told to upgrade: Have just been told to upgrade to Windows 11. Great news, but bad timing, as I'm off to have something fixed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-been-told-to-upgrade/a0d6cc5e-4af0-44a8-9620-8b63f7e5a549
  6. Just been told to upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just been told to upgrade: Have just been told to upgrade to Windows 11. Great news, but bad timing, as I'm off to have something fixed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-been-told-to-upgrade/a0d6cc5e-4af0-44a8-9620-8b63f7e5a549
  7. What just happened?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What just happened?: I was resetting my whole windows 10 PC, it was fine but taking forever. An hour later It was at 12%. After I came back for some reason it was at “choose an option” screen. Do you know what happened?!...
  8. what just happened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what just happened: i was playing a nintendo ds game on my laptop using desmume which is a nintendo ds emulator. i had configured the l key to load state and the s key to save state. i loaded the game into the emulator and i pressed alt enter to do full screen and then i pressed l to do load...
  9. Networking/Sharing Files...I've been suffering...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking/Sharing Files...I've been suffering...: I've been suffering for years. I really need this issue fixed. It seems like when I can get my network and sharing decently fixed something happens and it goes all wonky again! I have 5 computers. 4 laptops connected via wifi and 1 desktop plugged directly into the...
  10. What just happened?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What just happened?: Hi I got so fed up with Windows 10 constantly updating as well as any number of annoying other things, that I decided to go back an do a Clean Install of Windows 7. But within Minutes of doing that, I was getting pestered by the 'Nag Screen' urging me to update to...