Windows 10: I've just changed my scaling setting, any way to fix this?

Discus and support I've just changed my scaling setting, any way to fix this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Types__with__penis [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Types__with__penis, Nov 16, 2019.

1. I've just changed my scaling setting, any way to fix this?

/u/Types__with__penis, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Word Man Win User

Best way to set monitor scaling

OK, sorry. I thought the whole idea of Option 1 in that tutorial was to allow you to select different scaling levels for individual monitors - 1 or 2 in your case. Are you not presented with 2 different displays to choose from so that you can choose which one you're changing the settings on, i.e., in the turorial: Option 1, Step 7, (sub-step) "2. Select display"?

Word Man, Nov 16, 2019
  3. AndreyT Win User
    Notification area is broken under 110% scaling. Any way to fix it?

The problem is apparently caused by glitchy calculations for "irregular" scaling values' like 110%. It is not surprising that 125% scaling works fine. I have 200% scaling on my ThinkPad and it also woks fine.

But for my desktop %125 is too much. I need %110, just like I had in Windows 7.

You have a lot of custom toolbars, which is why locking/unlocking the taskbar make a difference for you. In the default setup (no extra toolbars) locking/unlocking does nothing in Windows 10. I wish I could unlock the bar and manually increase the size of notification area a little bit, but alas it is not possible.

And, of course, no, I'm not hitting any "exit options", as is clearly demonstrated by the pictures I posted. The invisible notification icon can be made to reappear by rearranging other icons.

You didn't see them because they are not there. The scaling value is not a fixed list, as you seem to suggest. The scaling value is freely specifiable by the user. You are supposed to type it in. You can type in any value: 123%, %99 or 136% if you so desire. The "125%, 150%, 175%" list that you see there is just a suggestion.

No, the icon that disappears is not listed as "hidden" there. As I said above, it is an obvious GUI-level drawing bug.

AndreyT, Nov 16, 2019
  4. zachoz26 Win User

I've just changed my scaling setting, any way to fix this?

scales & applications

Hello,

I followed the instructions in the article, and the problem was fixed.

Thank you very much for your support!

zachoz26, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

I've just changed my scaling setting, any way to fix this?

1. I've just changed my scaling setting, any way to fix this? - Similar Threads - I've changed scaling

2. Is there any way to fix "Device settings not migrated"???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to fix "Device settings not migrated"???: Hello, I having an issue that my USB hub not detecting any device that connects to it while it only receives power. When I check on the device manager, there is no issue found overall but when I check the device events, it there is a problem while migrating to the windows...
  3. Is there any way to fix "Device settings not migrated"???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to fix "Device settings not migrated"???: Hello, I having an issue that my USB hub not detecting any device that connects to it while it only receives power. When I check on the device manager, there is no issue found overall but when I check the device events, it there is a problem while migrating to the windows...
  4. Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?: I often plug and unplug a large screen on my laptop running Windows 11.Each time I do it I have to change the display scale from/to 100/125% on my laptop screen for comfort.To do so I have to go to the desktop > right-click > Display setting > click on the Scale's drop down >...
  5. Set Scaling for just a single app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set Scaling for just a single app?: Hello, Is it possible to set scaling to only a single app instead of everything?For example, normally I don't want to have scaling turned on for the display because most programs display fine, but there is one application that is too small to read and I would like it to be...
  6. Set Scaling for just a single app?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Scaling for just a single app?: Hello, Is it possible to set scaling to only a single app instead of everything?For example, normally I don't want to have scaling turned on for the display because most programs display fine, but there is one application that is too small to read and I would like it to be...
  7. Any way to scale just a few apps only?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to scale just a few apps only?: There's some apps that I use where the text is too small and it's fixed if I change the windows scale from 100% 125% but this also affects everything else on my computer... I just want to scale some apps to 125% while the rest of windows 10 stays at 100%. Is this possible?...
  8. Any way to scale just a few apps only?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to scale just a few apps only?: There's some apps that I use where the text is too small and it's fixed if I change the windows scale from 100% 125% but this also affects everything else on my computer... I just want to scale some apps to 125% while the rest of windows 10 stays at 100%. Is this possible?...
  9. Notification area is broken under 110% scaling. Any way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area is broken under 110% scaling. Any way to fix it?: To better suit my monitor, I want to run my Windows 10 in 110% scaling mode, just like I did with Windows 7. When I adjust scaling to 110% everything does indeed look right (i.e. very similar to Windows 7). However, there's an obvious issue with notification area icons:...
  10. Best way to set monitor scaling

in Windows 10 Support
    Best way to set monitor scaling: I have just bought the Acer Predator xb271hu monitor. It's resolution is much higher than the old one and its higher than my second monitor. I have tried using scaling to increase the text size as its a bit small for me. Unfortunately it changes the scaling on both...