Windows 10: I’ve just upgraded my CPU and re-entered my product key for windows, but then I get this...

Discus and support I’ve just upgraded my CPU and re-entered my product key for windows, but then I get this... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheTrumpetDude1 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheTrumpetDude1, Jan 10, 2021.

1. I’ve just upgraded my CPU and re-entered my product key for windows, but then I get this...

/u/TheTrumpetDude1, Jan 10, 2021

2. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 10, 2021
  3. EliSherer Win User
    Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 - Unique Product Key situation

No... let me try again.

• Old computer is running Win7 Pro (SP1) with a Product key I have from a few years ago. The Product is activated already, but I do NOT use this computer at this point, so I didn't worry about using the Product key when moving to the new computer (see below).
    • New computer is running Win10 Pro, with data and OS migrated from the Old computer, (same Product key as above), then Upgraded to Win10 (without getting a new Product Key).
    What I am trying to do now...

• I want to upgrade the OLD computer (Win7 Pro) to Windows 10... using a new Product Key I just purchased.
    • I have tried to do this internally, and also using the ISO burned to a thumb drive. But it does not want to work.
    • Steps:
      • Start from USB drive.
      • Enter New Product Key (or click "I don't have one").
      • Install initiates and then tells me to restart from Windows and then open the installer again to continue.
        • At this point, I actually need to Quit the installation to restart the machine.
      • When restarted, I go to the USB drive and restart/resume the installation process.
      • I have tried to download and not to download updates, but when the installation fails, I see the message, "Something happened" and "Setup has failed to validate the product key".
      • NOTE This happens if I enter the NEW Windows 10 Product Key, or if I skip that step (which I assume means that it will use the old Windows 7 Key for the upgrade).

EliSherer, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

I’ve just upgraded my CPU and re-entered my product key for windows, but then I get this...

Enter a Product key

Hi MohammadMoharram,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the version of Windows installed on your PC, is that Windows 10 Home or Pro?
    2. Are you receiving any error message, when you are trying to activate your Windows 10?
    3. Have you purchased the product key for Windows 10 while purchasing the laptop?
    4. How did you run windows recovery?

However, I suggest you to refer this thread article on
    using the Activation troubleshooter
    and
    Activation in Windows 10
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

I’ve just upgraded my CPU and re-entered my product key for windows, but then I get this...

1. I’ve just upgraded my CPU and re-entered my product key for windows, but then I get this... - Similar Threads - I’ve upgraded CPU

2. how will i get my product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how will i get my product key: help me to upgrade my window 11 license and getting my product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-will-i-get-my-product-key/0d7cb81f-c2ac-4b1a-9b8a-ed8a24d767e0
  3. how will i get my product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how will i get my product key: help me to upgrade my window 11 license and getting my product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-will-i-get-my-product-key/0d7cb81f-c2ac-4b1a-9b8a-ed8a24d767e0
  4. how will i get my product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I WANT TO GET MY PRODUCT KEY.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I WANT TO GET MY PRODUCT KEY.: I want to find my product key but I do not know how to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-get-my-product-key/994a7d6f-08cc-47e1-8b55-3161ffa2fc34
  6. I WANT TO GET MY PRODUCT KEY.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I WANT TO GET MY PRODUCT KEY.: I want to find my product key but I do not know how to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-get-my-product-key/994a7d6f-08cc-47e1-8b55-3161ffa2fc34
  7. received product key for upgrade to education, entered product key, does not work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    received product key for upgrade to education, entered product key, does not work.: error - "The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one 0x800f0805."Had previously attempted install: "Unable to upgrade your edition. Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure you're connected to the...
  8. getting my product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    getting my product key: I would like to do a fresh install on my laptop but my COA has become unreadable is there any other way to get my product key so I can do a fresh install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-my-product-key/944f2516-befc-48c8-83ab-89bcedea1c5f
  9. Enter a Product key

Enter a Product key: I bought a labtop with window10 . I ran windows recovery to modify personal setting . Since then windows asks me to enter a product key . WHAT TO DO ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-a-product-key/db2c1a86-6b24-441a-b7b6-10eef32f0ed6"
  10. Fake Product Key - Can't change or enter my original product key

Fake Product Key - Can't change or enter my original product key: My system was attacked by malware and then I have made a clean installation of Windows 10. but after that when I'm entering my original product key by using the option change product key, i'm getting the following error ---------------------------------------------- Unable...