Windows 10: I've locked myself out of my secondary harddrive and Google is not helping me here (info in...

Discus and support I've locked myself out of my secondary harddrive and Google is not helping me here (info in... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EXSSIV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fafupo/ive_locked_myself_out_of_my_secondary_harddrive/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EXSSIV, Feb 27, 2020.

1. /u/EXSSIV Win User

I've locked myself out of my secondary harddrive and Google is not helping me here (info in...

/u/EXSSIV, Feb 27, 2020
  2. Arily Win User

Secondary Harddrive Broke Need Serious Help!

with Recuva I picked I'm not sure because the drive letter was not showing up.

The other two programs you suggested didn't show the drive either...

I have the drive plugged in now...it's still making that noise but it will not show in the computer at all.

EDIT: This is what it shows

I've locked myself out of my secondary harddrive and Google is not helping me here (info in... [​IMG]

I literately need it to pop up for a few minutes just to get my pictures =\
    I'm so upset as it's not even showing up but it's getting power I can still hear it trying to spin...
    How could Error Checking and Repair completely wipe it out? I don't understand...I was able to access it perfectly fine until I did that.

Arily, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Arily Win User

Thank you, I'm going to try these and cross my fingers...so upset I really just want my pictures and home movies...everything else is replaceable.

EDIT: The Hard Drive doesn't appear on either program...Only the SSD

Does this mean something?
    I've locked myself out of my secondary harddrive and Google is not helping me here (info in... [​IMG]

Arily, Feb 27, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

I've locked myself out of my secondary harddrive and Google is not helping me here (info in...

Just to check - you've tried Hard Disk Sentinel and Minitool P W, have you? That was very quick..

If those couldn't see the disk at all,
    When you ran Recuva, what did you choose here by way of a drive?
    I'm guessing you left it as C: - you'd need to be able to choose a drive letter corresponding to the problem disk.

dalchina, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

1. I've locked myself out of my secondary harddrive and Google is not helping me here (info in... - Similar Threads - I've locked myself

2. Locked myself out of my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked myself out of my desktop: Recently I wondered what would happen if I locked my desktop remotely via account.microsoft.com/devices/find-my-device, as seen in screenshot 1. This was partly because it according to microsoft was located in a town 20 km from where it was actually located. Ironically...
  3. Locked myself out of my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked myself out of my desktop: Recently I wondered what would happen if I locked my desktop remotely via account.microsoft.com/devices/find-my-device, as seen in screenshot 1. This was partly because it according to microsoft was located in a town 20 km from where it was actually located. Ironically...
  4. HELP! I've locked out of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! I've locked out of Windows 11: Yesterday morning I turned on my computer everything was fine I turned it off went to work came home turned the computer back on and now I have a message... Your password has expired and you must be changed. I thought I had my password and it doesn't seem to be working so...
  5. HELP! I've locked out of Windows 11

HELP! I've locked out of Windows 11: Yesterday morning I turned on my computer everything was fine I turned it off went to work came home turned the computer back on and now I have a message... Your password has expired and you must be changed. I thought I had my password and it doesn't seem to be working so...
  6. Locked myself out of my computer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked myself out of my computer.: I thought someone had access to my Microsoft acct and blocked their computer.. Unfortunately it was my computer. Now I can't get back in. It ask for a pin but tells me an administrator has restricted sign in. I can not sign in at all. I won't even start in safe mode. I need...
  7. Locked myself out of my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked myself out of my computer.: I thought someone had access to my Microsoft acct and blocked their computer.. Unfortunately it was my computer. Now I can't get back in. It ask for a pin but tells me an administrator has restricted sign in. I can not sign in at all. I won't even start in safe mode. I need...
  8. Locked myself out of my computer.

9. Locked myself out of C:?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked myself out of C:?: So basically when i was trying to get rid of a virus i deleted everyone's permission to my hard drive so it doesn't get hacked. There's only "administrator/my desktop name" and it says "C:/ is not available, access denied" when i try to open it. 178050
  10. Help me out here

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help me out here: So I am planning on wiping Windows 10 off and installing Ubuntu... will I be able to reinstall Windows 10 again if I ever need it again? I currently have my product key that I got from the command prompt by inputting "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get...