Windows 10: I've lost all my files after a Windows 10 update. How do I go back to 3 days ago?

Discus and support I've lost all my files after a Windows 10 update. How do I go back to 3 days ago? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi how do I revert back to before I updated windows 10 as I have lost all my files so I need to go back 3 days ago ? * Original title: my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Player502028420, Aug 11, 2019.

1. I've lost all my files after a Windows 10 update. How do I go back to 3 days ago?

hi how do I revert back to before I updated windows 10 as I have lost all my files so I need to go back 3 days ago ?

* Original title: my computer

:)

Player502028420, Aug 11, 2019
  2. SaleenVS Win User

I ve bought my PC 3 days ago and i updated it to novembar update and my activation expired.

*Original Title: Windows 10 activation

I ve bought my PC 3 days ago and i updated it to novembar update and my activation expired. What supposed I do now? I've lost all my files after a Windows 10 update. How do I go back to 3 days ago? :(

SaleenVS, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 11, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

I've lost all my files after a Windows 10 update. How do I go back to 3 days ago?

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

I've lost all my files after a Windows 10 update. How do I go back to 3 days ago?

1. I've lost all my files after a Windows 10 update. How do I go back to 3 days ago? - Similar Threads - I've lost files

2. How do i get all my dll files back to normal?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i get all my dll files back to normal?: I accidentally changed all my dll files into notepads every dll files i downloads appear as notepads. Is there any way to get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-all-my-dll-files-back-to-normal/83366235-aa44-427d-9121-35870ddd1269"
  3. I want to go back to Windows 7 after the 30 days for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to go back to Windows 7 after the 30 days for Windows 10?: My husband bought me a Dell Precision M4600 Laptop through the Offer Up app. It came with the Windows 7 program when the seller bought it, the Windows 7 sticker is on the back but the seller lost the Windows 7 installation disk but it has the product key in the back. When I...
  4. AFTER A RESET i'VE LOST MY PASSWORD. hOW DO i GET IT BACK?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AFTER A RESET i'VE LOST MY PASSWORD. hOW DO i GET IT BACK?: After a reset, I've lost my password. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-a-reset-ive-lost-my-password-how-do-i-get-it/b20c75b8-8118-4899-a5da-019a63dbf7ca
  5. update windows 10 or all my files will be lost

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    update windows 10 or all my files will be lost: A message appeared in a popup window warning me that if I did not click the update now button all my files would be lost. I just closed the browser and it disappeared. I assume this is a scam of sorts and not a real threat....
  6. How do i go back to windows 7?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i go back to windows 7?: Need to know how to back to windows 7. While I have windows 10, it crashes while watching a movie or on the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-go-back-to-windows-7/cbc24f0e-93bc-43de-8ead-2b21603059c2
  7. update is useless how do i go back

update is useless how do i go back: how do I reverse the last update the layout is not easy to use and i am not far from throwing this laptop against the wall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-is-useless-how-do-i-go-back/5e3a58ce-5db3-4e3a-aae0-38771a64e823
  8. windows 10 will not load after an update 2 days ago

windows 10 will not load after an update 2 days ago: somebody please help me. isn't there a tech who can log onto to my computer and fix this? please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-will-not-load-after-an-update-2-days/19e55b1e-bc49-4e27-adfc-eb2d3a181d0e
  9. I've lost all my files to encryption after transfer and fresh boot

in Windows 10 Support
    I've lost all my files to encryption after transfer and fresh boot: I could really use someones help here, I'm on the verge of panic. I was running windows 10 but I decided to do a fresh install of windows 7 pro. So i backed up all of my files onto a 500gb passport type portable drive. Now after the transfer, both the files on my PC and...
  10. How do I go back to 8.1?

How do I go back to 8.1?: I'm on my wife's Chromebook now. Can't be active on my Windows 10 laptop for more the 15 or 30 minutes before mouse jumps all over, clicks by itself to a point where I can't even restart with disconnecting power. I should have known not to be bleeding edge. My graphics...