Windows 10: I've lost Media Player- Windows 10

Discus and support I've lost Media Player- Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was having some problems with WIndow 10/ Media Player 13(?). I uninstalled it, I didn't do anything special. Then I couldn't find it in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BobS15236, Feb 23, 2019.

1. BobS15236 Win User

I've lost Media Player- Windows 10

I was having some problems with WIndow 10/ Media Player 13(?). I uninstalled it, I didn't do anything special. Then I couldn't find it in Windows apps, It is not in Windows Features/ Media Features. I know this because the box at Media Features doesn't have a plus sign. I searched the C drive, looked manually through the Windows folders and still no Media Player. It is gone, and since it isn't supported, I can't download it. Any thoughts from anyone?

Thank you,

I've lost Media Player- Windows 10 9ee58a98-cebe-4af2-b02a-7919048e734c?upload=true.jpg

:)

BobS15236, Feb 23, 2019

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Feb 23, 2019
  3. THRiLL KiLL, Feb 23, 2019
  4. I've lost Media Player- Windows 10

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

I've lost Media Player- Windows 10

1. I've lost Media Player- Windows 10 - Similar Threads - I've lost Media

2. Lost Windows Media Player Legacy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Windows Media Player Legacy: If I try to install it by going to Settings>Apps>Optional Features>View Features Windows Media Player Legacy appears on the list, but when I Install it, it runs for several minutes and completes with the message “Couldn’t Install”It has now disappeared from the list of...
  3. Lost Windows Media Player Legacy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Windows Media Player Legacy: If I try to install it by going to Settings>Apps>Optional Features>View Features Windows Media Player Legacy appears on the list, but when I Install it, it runs for several minutes and completes with the message “Couldn’t Install”It has now disappeared from the list of...
  4. windows media player 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows media player 10: Rip is not working for windows media player 10. I checked the location of my music files, and it shows it is going to ....onedrive\music. I tried to remove the one drive part since I de installed it as it was full and I did not want to buy space. It will not let me change...
  5. Windows 10 and Media Player

Windows 10 and Media Player: What do I have to do to play DVDs or CDs via an external player on my Windows 10 PC. ? Media Player does not work with it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-and-media-player/c8175650-65f5-4fcf-9f66-37e42064eb7f
  6. windows 10 media player

windows 10 media player: I was able to rip 2 songs, but can't find anything in my library. Now it won't rip any from purchased c.d. or one from iTunes. I've tried the trouble shooter. But It tells me that it can't rip one or more tracks from the c.d. Been trying to fix this for hours today to no...
  7. windows 10 media player

windows 10 media player: Re: Windows 10 Media Player - will not burn a cd on new HP laptop. Windows Media Player app functions ok, except for the ability to burn a cd. I reviewed all forums and help answers, and tried every suggestion offered. I had an HP laptop before with windows 10 and the WMP...
  8. windows 10 media player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 media player: I have ripped and manually posted hundreds of songs to windows media player-some are my own rec ordings but most are all from cd's I paid for. the info use stay on there always-then, without explanation all info was erased----about 10 hours of wasting my time...
  9. WINDOWS 10 MEDIA PLAYER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS 10 MEDIA PLAYER: MY PLAYER HASN'T BEEN IN USE SINCE MONDAY MORNING.I HAVE A MESSAGE ON MY SCREEN AND IT SAYS AN AUDIO DEVICE WAS DISCONNECTED OR REFIGURED.VERIFY THAT THE AUDIO IS CONNECTED AND THEN TRY TO PLAY THE ITEM AGAIN.HELP WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO FIX THIS PROBLEM? THANKS MISSB6482...
  10. Lost Windows Media Player after update to 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Windows Media Player after update to 1903: Yesterday I updated to 1903, and now I no longer have WMP. I have tried to get it back and get errors saying it is not compatible with this version of WIN10 and to use Groove Music. I also get an error saying my installation of WIN10 can not be validated. I have kept my...