Windows 10: I've messed up my Docs, Pics, Downloads, Video folders

Discus and support I've messed up my Docs, Pics, Downloads, Video folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks, Sorry to bother you with my stupidity, but I wanted to set it so that my pictures, downloads, videos, pictures etc were all saved to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GavinNolan, Mar 1, 2020.

1. I've messed up my Docs, Pics, Downloads, Video folders

Hi folks,

Sorry to bother you with my stupidity, but I wanted to set it so that my pictures, downloads, videos, pictures etc were all saved to my D:drive 2TB HDD rather than my 480GB SSD.

I right clicked on each and went to properties, then location, then move.

I then scrolled down and selected my D:drive.

I thought this was doing as I was intending, but it has in fact merged them all?

What ever is in, goes in, is deleted from one, is mirrored by all.

Can someone please help me reverse what I have done and then help me change my settings so that the D:drive is the preferred location anytime I download something, and the preferred location for all my pics, docs etc.

Its Windows 10

Any more questions, feel free to ask.

:)

GavinNolan, Mar 1, 2020
  2. MIKE A Win User

Misplaced My Docs folder of pictures.

Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 yesterday [free update]. Checked my Docs containing my phot folders. Last one being Plant Pathology. Folder is missing. It's taken me months building this folder.
    In the Start area, I recognized one of the missing pics, displayed as a tile. Did something that removed the tile and listed, 'photos' in the margin. Clicking on this, the screen opens up showing my lost pictures but in reverse order. Also a vast number of other pictures that are saved in My Docs, but individual folders.

HELP PLEASE. Can I take whatever steps to restore my folders to My Doc's and at the same time prevent windows from ever again making collections.
    Many thanks.
    Mike.

MIKE A, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 1, 2020
  4. I've messed up my Docs, Pics, Downloads, Video folders

My data folders (Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, etc) are on DRIVE E: not Drive C:

I THINK the programs are looking in the wrong place.

All my Programs are stored on Drive C:

Drive D: is my Recovery Image

Drive E: is where all my Data files were stored (Documents-Pictures-Videos, etc).

Drive F: has: Clipart-Document Themes 14-Media-MSOCache-Office 14 - Stationery - and Templates.

Hewlett Packard set my computer system up.

Before I did what you suggested above about MOVING files - I had only one listing for Drive EI've messed up my Docs, Pics, Downloads, Video folders :(DATADRIVE1-Docs-Pics-Video-Music). Now Drive E: shows up listed under THIS PC as E:\ (and it contains ALL my data - docs-Pics-Video-Music)). All these data
    folders also show up listed under THIS PC in the DOCUMENT folder; AND, all the datat folders also show up in DATADRIVE1-Docs-Pixs-Music-Video!!!! Whatever happened when I moved the files caused them to appear in several places!

I don't think the programs know where to find anything!!!! DUD!

I also have 4 external Western Digital hard drives (but I don't have all of them plugged in simultaneously). My problem with the external hard drives is that now Windows does recognize my 6 TB one - I know it is working because the little light is on and
    blinking....the drive just does not show up in File Explorer.

Do you have any suggestions?

PattiCampbell, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

I've messed up my Docs, Pics, Downloads, Video folders

1. I've messed up my Docs, Pics, Downloads, Video folders - Similar Threads - I've messed Docs

2. Messed up my downloads folder, any way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Messed up my downloads folder, any way to fix it?: So I moved my downloads folder to disc D using this method How to Change the Location of User Folders in Windows 10 - dummies but somehow my files were saving to a downloads folder on disc C idk how it appeared so I deleted the downloads folder on disc d and basically now I...
  3. Messed up my downloads folder, any way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up my downloads folder, any way to fix it?: So I moved my downloads folder to disc D using this method How to Change the Location of User Folders in Windows 10 - dummies but somehow my files were saving to a downloads folder on disc C idk how it appeared so I deleted the downloads folder on disc d and basically now I...
  4. Messed up my downloads folder, any way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my video ram is messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    my video ram is messed up: ok so i had 2048mb video ram now its 64mb [ATTACH] [ATTACH] my pc is a 64-bit desktop i have windows 10 my pc model aspire M5881 my system manufacturer is acer my processor IntelR coreTM i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz, 3192 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors btw i been messing...
  6. I've messed up my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've messed up my pc: I accidentally installed a virus and now I'm in a auto repair loop I've tried everything in videos I've seen to get out of this but nothing has worked. Is there anything I could do? submitted by /u/cyka_blyat_doz_memz [link] [comments]...
  7. I messed something up and now my Windows has 2 Videos folder and no Downloads folder under...

I messed something up and now my Windows has 2 Videos folder and no Downloads folder under...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Tourage [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhg9j8/i_messed_something_up_and_now_my_windows_has_2/
  8. Windows Update messed up my downloads folder.

Windows Update messed up my downloads folder.: My downloads folder looks completely different now that I updated my computer and I can't figure out how to get it back to normal. I have a picture of how it is now (Imgur Link), I don't have a picture of how it looked before, but it didn't have the "Today," "Earlier this...
  9. Download Folder View is mess up

in Windows 10 Support
    Download Folder View is mess up: I want my download folder view default. How to change it? Now it looks like this. [img] 134766
  10. Messed up downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up downloads folder: Hi. I was checking on Microsoft Edge and was trying to change it's default download location to my Desktop. Now I couldn't find anything and so after some google'ing I saw a guide that instructs me to change something on my Downloads folder by going...