Windows 10: I've messed up my system icons (again)

Discus and support I've messed up my system icons (again) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need help. I recently reinstalled some drivers and software and ran CCleaner. CCleaner has been known to mess up some of my icons, but this time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WillOwens, Dec 24, 2018.

1. WillOwens Win User

I've messed up my system icons (again)

I need help. I recently reinstalled some drivers and software and ran CCleaner. CCleaner has been known to mess up some of my icons, but this time it messed up system icons I really want back.

When programs open and they need administrator permission, the icon would be a little security sheild... but now it's just a generic program icon. Is there a way I can get the old icons back? A repair or something?

:)

WillOwens, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 24, 2018
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Power Icon Missing: System Icon Greyed out - Windows 10

Hi Katrina,

The system icon may have encountered a corruption that caused this issue. For us to help you with this concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Can you please tell us some troubleshooting steps that you've performed while fixing the blue screen issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the registry or bios?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far for this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you try to restart the Windows Explorer process to refresh the taskbar icons. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Task Manager.
    • On the Processes tab, look for the Windows Explorer process and select it.
    • Click the Restart button at the bottom right corner of the Task Manager window.
    • After the Windows Explorer process has been restarted, check the notification area on the taskbar and see if the battery icon is visible.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

1. I've messed up my system icons (again) - Similar Threads - I've messed system

2. my icons are completely messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my icons are completely messed up: my icons are completely messed up and the spacing is making it impossible to see or organize as they are taking way too much space and instead of being able to have multiple icons in the same row, I get to have only 3...
  3. my icons are completely messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my icons are completely messed up: my icons are completely messed up and the spacing is making it impossible to see or organize as they are taking way too much space and instead of being able to have multiple icons in the same row, I get to have only 3...
  4. Icons messed up on destop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons messed up on destop: I've had this issue for a while but it wasn't a problem until recently. I have two screens, when I play a full screen game on display 1, display two goes into 'half' screen mode, it shifts to the right and only shows the left half of what is being displayed. the desktop does...
  5. Icons messed up on destop

Icons messed up on destop: I've had this issue for a while but it wasn't a problem until recently. I have two screens, when I play a full screen game on display 1, display two goes into 'half' screen mode, it shifts to the right and only shows the left half of what is being displayed. the desktop does...
  6. I've messed up my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've messed up my pc: I accidentally installed a virus and now I'm in a auto repair loop I've tried everything in videos I've seen to get out of this but nothing has worked. Is there anything I could do? submitted by /u/cyka_blyat_doz_memz [link] [comments]...
  7. Ditto Portable - I've messed it up. Help!

Ditto Portable - I've messed it up. Help!: Windows 10 Home 1909 Ditto Portable was running perfectly but I decided to clean up some clutter and move Ditto folder into a folder for portable programs. If I had known I wouldn't have touched it. A message popped up that it was in use. I think only part of the contents...
  8. Updates messing up my computer AGAIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates messing up my computer AGAIN: Please Microsoft get it sorted, this is the second time its beyond a joke, especially when they say they have no reports of it happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  9. Windows messed up my Adobe -- AGAIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows messed up my Adobe -- AGAIN: Earlier this month Microsoft decided to update my Windows, and, as has happened so many times in the past, it corrupted some modules of my Adobe Creative Suite. I've tried reinstalling the corrupted modules several times -- nothing. How do I fix this? Why does this keep...
  10. I messed up my icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I messed up my icons: Kinda new to windows and did something odd, dont know how to change it back. I downloaded a .rar file, and did not have any program associated with opening it. I had 7zip installed, but not set as the default for that type of file. I right clicked the .rar and selected "open...