Windows 10: I've never had an Xbox, why is windows running Service Host: Xbox Live Auth Manager?

Discus and support I've never had an Xbox, why is windows running Service Host: Xbox Live Auth Manager? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I started my computer today and it was being very noisy. One process seemed to be caused by Google Chrome and I was able to end it. Next thing I know... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by benueanambra, May 14, 2021.

1. I've never had an Xbox, why is windows running Service Host: Xbox Live Auth Manager?

I started my computer today and it was being very noisy. One process seemed to be caused by Google Chrome and I was able to end it. Next thing I know it's still going and I see a process called Service Host: Xbox Live Auth Manager. I have pasted a screenshot below. Could this be malware or someone hacking into my computer? I've never owned an Xbox. I don't play games on this computer. I have never seen this and not sure why it's running.

:)

benueanambra, May 14, 2021

2. Permanently remove "Xbox Live Auth Manager"

There is a task running on my 64-bit Windows 10 machine called "Service Host: Xbox Live Auth Manager". I want to permanently remove this component from my system. If I try to end the task, I get the warning that ending it will cause Windows to become "unusable". How can I get rid of this component?

Tyler Durden, May 14, 2021
  3. lwooq Win User
    Cannot Start Xbox Live Auth Manager or login to Xbox

Sorry, it took me a bit to find another Windows 10 PC. I was able to login to my Xbox account on another PC. The troubleshooter for Windows apps did not fix it. Logging in with another user account also did not fix it.

I realized I forgot earlier what my exact error was for Xbox app: (0x409) 0x80080005 . I actually removed the Xbox Live Auth Manager in my registry, restarted and the Xbox app gave this exact same error. It seems to be related to the Xbox Live Auth Manager
    service being unable to start.

lwooq, May 14, 2021
  4. lwooq Win User

I've never had an Xbox, why is windows running Service Host: Xbox Live Auth Manager?

Cannot Start Xbox Live Auth Manager or login to Xbox

Xbox says this is a Microsoft issue.

I cannot login to xbox to play any game of mine on Windows 10. I get the error 0x409 when trying to open the xbox app, whether its the regular or beta app. This is probably because the Xbox live auth manager is not running. However, trying to manually start
    the xbox live auth manager in services.msc gives me the error 1067: the process terminated unexpectedly.

It looks like a lot of people online are getting the 0x409 error but I am the first to see them not be able to start xbox live auth manager, which often fixes the problem. Because this is broken though I cannot play any game I have purchased on the Microsoft
    Store.

Using latest creator's update/everything is updated.

lwooq, May 14, 2021
Thema:

I've never had an Xbox, why is windows running Service Host: Xbox Live Auth Manager?

1. I've never had an Xbox, why is windows running Service Host: Xbox Live Auth Manager? - Similar Threads - I've never Xbox

2. Xbox Problem Again: I've never had an Xbox but Xbox Identity Provider process was running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Xbox Problem Again: I've never had an Xbox but Xbox Identity Provider process was running: Hi,Yesterday I posted because a process "Xbox Live Auth Manager" started running on my computer despite neither me nor anyone in my household has ever had an Xbox.I ran SFC/Scannow and it found corrupted files and repaired them. I also ran dsim.exe but it didn't find...
  3. Xbox console companion/Live Auth manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox console companion/Live Auth manager: I have a PC for my Mrs young brother that we use for ourselves for things. He uses the Xbox console companion when hes gaming. Only thing is the Xbox service starts (Xbox live auth manager service) and constantly pops up with his friends adding him to parties etc and drives...
  4. xbox live

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    xbox live: Instal xbox live https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-live/aa34107f-7148-42dc-841f-bcdb6b3d1ccd
  5. Xbox live

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox live: New to Xbox bought xbox 1 from a friend any promos for xbox live seeing i am a new user to microsoft?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-live/f9267973-3603-4495-b757-53d3d03bdc28
  6. Xbox live missing services

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox live missing services: Hey, I’m missing 2 of the Xbox live services I’ve tried to do that .reg download thing but it just says that it’s not allowed because you don’t have that high permission when my account is administrator and I don’t wanna reset my computer so yea pls help it worked before...
  7. XBox Live

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    XBox Live: Windows 10 came with X Box Live. I inadvertently uninstalled it. I've tried unsuccessfully numerous times to download it from the Microsoft app store. Can it be re-installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-live/5ff8b7d4-91a7-4ed0-bf9a-24041cc73416
  8. How did i get an xbox gamer tag if i've never even been on xbox live before?

How did i get an xbox gamer tag if i've never even been on xbox live before?: I somehow have an xbox gamer tag that pops up with all of my other apps etc, and it looks and acts like i've been on and used it before but i haven't and nobody in the house has.It was even an option to use it for THIS forum. I just would like to know what is going on. I have...
  9. Windows Credential Manager - xbox live

Windows Credential Manager - xbox live: So when my computer is off the network or no network is active or avalible my computer get xbox live motifed today, 2 computers 2000kms apart both had this. is it normal or what is the reasoning behind it? because with no network established why would it be changed on a...
  10. xbox live

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox live: how can i solve this error "0x8015DC0B" for xbox live in windows 10 ?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/xbox-live/bfb28d68-df78-4865-ab35-aedefc4064f8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com