Windows 10: I've noticed a number of what appear to be duplicate '*.*.1' or '*.*.2' registry entries...

Discus and support I've noticed a number of what appear to be duplicate '*.*.1' or '*.*.2' registry entries... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm using Argente Utilities Registry Editor to scan the registry for errors before deciding to delete them or not. The duplicates are found in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KenS51, Jan 20, 2019.

1. KenS51 Win User

I've noticed a number of what appear to be duplicate '*.*.1' or '*.*.2' registry entries...

I'm using Argente Utilities Registry Editor to scan the registry for errors before deciding to delete them or not.

The duplicates are found in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT section of the registry...

I've noticed a number of what appear to be duplicate '*.*.1'  or '*.*.2' registry entries... 9a46608e-cd28-4c4d-99ce-75b350de14fb?upload=true.png

:)

KenS51, Jan 20, 2019
  2. rdwray Win User

Duplicate entries in registry

I have found hundreds of duplicate entries in Windows 10 registry, is there a way to remove them simply?
    Just a few:

I've noticed a number of what appear to be duplicate '*.*.1'  or '*.*.2' registry entries... [​IMG]

rdwray, Jan 20, 2019
  3. Berton Win User

Are they all in the same Key? The Registry is 5 text files known as Hives and many times the same entry will be in 2 or more of the Hives. There are abundant naysayers but I've use CCleaner [formerly named Crap Cleaner] for years to clean the Registry without problems. Can't say that about some other cleaners that have been known to have problems. Manually editing the Registry can allow a small problem to slip in that will prevent Windows working but carefully following suggested edits can work.

Berton, Jan 20, 2019
  4. rdwray Win User

I've noticed a number of what appear to be duplicate '*.*.1' or '*.*.2' registry entries...

I use ccleaner, but LMiler7 pointed out something that I missed in that the last 2 characters in the first string are different.

rdwray, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

1. I've noticed a number of what appear to be duplicate '*.*.1' or '*.*.2' registry entries... - Similar Threads - I've noticed number

2. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  3. 2/1 appearences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2/1 appearences: CONHOST.EXEMicrosoft CorporationFeb 1, 2022MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.STARTMENUEXPERIENCEHOSTUnknownFeb 1, 2022MessengerUnknownFeb 1, 2022Anyone know what these are? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/21-appearences/097dc686-b9a5-4e74-ac08-1c503dfb43b6
  4. 2/1 appearences

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2/1 appearences: CONHOST.EXEMicrosoft CorporationFeb 1, 2022MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.STARTMENUEXPERIENCEHOSTUnknownFeb 1, 2022MessengerUnknownFeb 1, 2022Anyone know what these are? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/21-appearences/097dc686-b9a5-4e74-ac08-1c503dfb43b6
  5. Registry Entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Registry Entry: Does anyone know what this registry entry is? When I run McAfee Quick Clean this registry entry can never be removed, is there a reason? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab}...
  6. What are these 2 startup entries?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are these 2 startup entries?: I have these 2 errenoues entries that appear when I run Autoruns: \Microsoft\Windows\SMB\UninstallSMB1ClientTask File not found: Unrestricted \Microsoft\Windows\SMB\UninstallSMB1ServerTask File not found: Unrestricted It's a fresh Windows 10 install. I did enable the: -...
  7. Duplication of entries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplication of entries: Last week, I was told my One Drive was almost full. I found that most of the entries had duplicated themselves. It took hours to go through and eliminate all of the duplicates. Whenever I add a photo to an album, if it begins a sync cycle, the photo duplicates itself, but...
  8. Entries in Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Entries in Registry: Hello, While making some registry editing, found 17 entries named "Sign.Media". Don't know what it is, have not any program this name. Can I remove them from the registry ? Answers will be appreciated Thanks 140198
  9. Duplicate entries in registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate entries in registry: I have found hundreds of duplicate entries in Windows 10 registry, is there a way to remove them simply? Just a few: [img] 99409
  10. Unusual entries in Notication

in Windows 10 Support
    Unusual entries in Notication: Hi If I look on SETTINGS | SYSTEM | NOTIFICATIONS there are a few unusual entries: [img] Anyone have anything similar on their machine or any idea as to what they may be? Tim 14949

Users found this page by searching for:

1. registry entry duplicates with .1

2. windows 10 registry duplicate entry

3. duplicate reg entries .1