Windows 10: I've noticed some programs disappear after having just used them

Discus and support I've noticed some programs disappear after having just used them in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've noticed some programs work fine, then after I use them and close them, their icons turn to a blank shortcut and the programs require re-installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/barelybreathing23, May 3, 2021.

1. I've noticed some programs disappear after having just used them

I've noticed some programs work fine, then after I use them and close them, their icons turn to a blank shortcut and the programs require re-installing to work again.

Is this one of the features from one of the many forced auto updates I can't opt out of?

submitted by /u/barelybreathing23
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/barelybreathing23, May 3, 2021

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 3, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 Programs Tab Disappears When Clicked

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What exactly do you mean by program tab disappears after you click it?

• Do you face this issue specific with program tab or all the tab?
    I suggest you to open Internet Option from Command prompt and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to open Internet Options.

1. Press windows + R and type
    inetcpl.cpl.

2. After opening the Internet options check if the issue still persist.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 3, 2021
  4. DrPepper Win User

I've noticed some programs disappear after having just used them

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, May 3, 2021
Thema:

I've noticed some programs disappear after having just used them

1. I've noticed some programs disappear after having just used them - Similar Threads - I've noticed programs

2. we use a Program from ATX. Have used them for Years but this year after installing 2022 and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    we use a Program from ATX. Have used them for Years but this year after installing 2022 and...: All the other ATX Programs Open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-use-a-program-from-atx-have-used-them-for-years/5ea2e2fa-fe5b-4dbf-9dc0-ccac38a86797
  3. we use a Program from ATX. Have used them for Years but this year after installing 2022 and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we use a Program from ATX. Have used them for Years but this year after installing 2022 and...: All the other ATX Programs Open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-use-a-program-from-atx-have-used-them-for-years/5ea2e2fa-fe5b-4dbf-9dc0-ccac38a86797
  4. we use a Program from ATX. Have used them for Years but this year after installing 2022 and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. shortcuts, some have disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shortcuts, some have disappeared: Having just bought a new laptop i have been installing my apps and creating a homescreen shortcut for the main ones. However after only a couple of days, some of the shortcuts have disappeared, why would that be....
  6. shortcuts, some have disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shortcuts, some have disappeared: Having just bought a new laptop i have been installing my apps and creating a homescreen shortcut for the main ones. However after only a couple of days, some of the shortcuts have disappeared, why would that be....
  7. I notice that some websites have thin font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I notice that some websites have thin font: I noticed that all of my browser in my laptop that there are some website that has thin fonts but not all of them. I checked all the browser and it is all the same. I checked on my other device and it shows normal fonts. Before, I dont have this kind of behavior so Im...
  8. Just noticed some glitches in Win 10 2004 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just noticed some glitches in Win 10 2004 Enterprise: Just some info: I updated my 4 home computers running Win 10 Pro seemingly without issue. I did a test VM running Windows 10 Enterprise update earlier this week, it also seemed to run fine. I did one of my work PCs and it was OK until the next morning. I can't seem to run...
  9. Is there a taskbar modification for opened programs to make them more noticeable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a taskbar modification for opened programs to make them more noticeable?: Here is what my taskbar icons look like now: https://imgur.com/Y2qVBCV All 3 icons are pinned. The light blue horizontal bars on the bottom are supposed to signify the program is open. On my 1440p monitor they are almost impossible to see if I don't lean in to take a closer...
  10. After Windows 10 update, some programs disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Windows 10 update, some programs disappeared: I have an issue with Windows 10 update. The problem is in disappearing software that I have installed on my system before. My laptop is completely new, I bought it a few days ago. I installed several programs and started to update Windows. Imagine my shock when I didn’t find...