Windows 10: I've now lost my Favourites folder on my Desktop screen. WIn10

Discus and support I've now lost my Favourites folder on my Desktop screen. WIn10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Noel Burgess (¡Firedog) has been hugely helpful with a similar problem HERE. He provided me with many dos codes (is that the right term?) such as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Taffy087, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Taffy087 Win User

I've now lost my Favourites folder on my Desktop screen. WIn10

Noel Burgess (¡Firedog) has been hugely helpful with a similar problem HERE. He provided me with many dos codes (is that the right term?) such as the one below so that I could look for pictures. He did a similar one for missing documents.

dir /s c:\*.jpg > %userprofile%\findpics.txt && start %userprofile%\findpics.txt

Sid's Law has again kicked in and when I went just now to open my Favourites folder on my desktop screen, I found it's empty apart from two dated 23rd January. My WUs were on the 8th and the 31st January so it hasn't been caused by them.

For anyone who hasn't got such a Favourites folder, it's where I keep screen prints of favourite articles eg where an expert here has answered a problem.

Can Noel or one of his expert colleagues give me a dos code to search for "Favourites" please?

Looking on the bright side, at least I'll have an excuse for not shifting snow.

:)

Taffy087, Feb 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 My Favourites list is gone!

I have loaded up Windows 10 and my favourites list is gone. This is pretty frustrating as I had a big list of favourites built up over a couple of years for work and my own personal browsing. I tried the adive offered by Krishna to Maggie in the forum which
    was:

"I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps to restore the favourites.

• Click This PC
    • Type %userprofile% into the Address bar
    • Press Enter on your keyboard
    • Right click the Favorites folder
    • Click Properties
    • Click Previous Versions
    • Wait for the list of previous versions to load
    • Select a version that was before you lost the files/folders
    • Click Restore."
    When I got to step 6 my previous versions list showed only today. Surely the loading of Windows 10 has not wiped out my Favourites? What can I do from here?

Daren

[*]

[*]

DarenO'Neill, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Favourites missing in Windows 10

Might work for Bing but doesn't work for Google favourites! If I am correct please state this sort of thing in future!!!!

SuperMac_971, Feb 1, 2019
  4. I've now lost my Favourites folder on my Desktop screen. WIn10

lost folders from desktop

Hello,

It is possible that your folders were deleted, hidden, or move where they are saved before. For us to efficiently assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us if you have tried checking if those folders are hidden?
    • Have you tried to check your Recycle Bin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we advise that you follow the suggestions provided in this
    article
    on how to find missing files in Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

I've now lost my Favourites folder on my Desktop screen. WIn10

1. I've now lost my Favourites folder on my Desktop screen. WIn10 - Similar Threads - I've lost Favourites

2. lost favourites

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost favourites: Due to problems with slow start up i have had windows 10 reinstalled which has silve that problem. however i have lost my favourites and a simple explanation as to how to recover them would be a great help. i have googled but the suggested solutions are too tech for me e.g a...
  3. lost favourites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost favourites: Due to problems with slow start up i have had windows 10 reinstalled which has silve that problem. however i have lost my favourites and a simple explanation as to how to recover them would be a great help. i have googled but the suggested solutions are too tech for me e.g a...
  4. lost favourites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All of my Favourites lost

in Windows 10 Support
    All of my Favourites lost: For some reason within the last couple of hours I have lost all of my favourites which I use when I go on to the internet. I have looked in File Explorer and the folders are completely empty. I definitely haven't purposely deleted these from the folder but they have gone...
  6. I've now lost the contents of my Screenshots folders as well as my Favourites folder on my...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I've now lost the contents of my Screenshots folders as well as my Favourites folder on my...: Noel Burgess (¡Firedog) has been hugely helpful with a similar problem HERE. He provided me with many dos codes (is that the right term?) such as the one below so that I could look for pictures. He did a similar one for missing documents. dir /s c:\*.jpg >...
  7. I've lost my ram!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I've lost my ram!: When I open the performance tab in task manager I see Hardware Reserved: 137mb. Can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-lost-my-ram/45d9553e-b257-427d-9fe9-2b4c4f0d74f7
  8. Lost Favourites in Edge

Lost Favourites in Edge: Hello, I've just lost all my Favourites in Edge for seemingly no reason at all. The only thing I did was renew a subscription to CCleaner, without doing any kind of cleaning. Just paid the money. I've been through a number of processes suggested on the net with no effect...
  9. I've lost my Favourites Bar, Outlook.com - and other issues.

I've lost my Favourites Bar, Outlook.com - and other issues.: What a disastrous day this has been - after problems setting up my new laptop, I've just lost my Favourites Bar. Just vanished. When I looked for my outlook.com there were two screen messages including "office365 configuring outlook accounts". [ATTACH] The view is...
  10. I've lost my memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I've lost my memory: Well not literally but since upgrading a Dell 755 to w10 (32 bit) I not only have 2.99 available memory out of the 4gb installed. Under W7 I had over 3.5 gig" so what has stolen my memory? Another identical machine running W10 but 64bit has 8 gig installed of which 7.86 is...