Windows 10: I've owned Java Minecraft for years now, and received a Minecraft for Windows 10 edition...

Discus and support I've owned Java Minecraft for years now, and received a Minecraft for Windows 10 edition... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I purchased Minecraft, Minecraft for Windows 10 was included for free with the Java version. As a courtesy, Mojang provided me with a gift code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by theSodo, Oct 6, 2019.

1. theSodo Win User

I've owned Java Minecraft for years now, and received a Minecraft for Windows 10 edition...

When I purchased Minecraft, Minecraft for Windows 10 was included for free with the Java version. As a courtesy, Mojang provided me with a gift code for Minecraft for Windows 10, but whenever I go to the microsoft store to redeem the code, it says that it has already been redeemed. I don't remember ever redeeming it. What's up?

:)

theSodo, Oct 6, 2019

2. Purchased Multiple Copies Of Minecraft Versions, But Need Minecraft - Java Edition.

Hi Debalena,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you have purchased several copies of Minecraft from Mojang, then I suggest you to refer the
    Mojang refunds policy and check their refund policy.

If you want to swap your editions of Minecraft that you have purchased, please
    Contact Mojang Support and they will help you with this.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Microsoft Store, then I suggest you to refer
    Returning items you bought from Microsoft Store for exchange or refund
    and check if you can get a refund.

As you need the Java Edition of Minecraft, you can follow the steps mentioned in
    How do I install Minecraft: Java Edition? and install
    the Java Edition of Minecraft on your computer.

Before purchasing the Java Edition of Minecraft, I suggest you to refer the system requirements for installing the Java Edition of Minecraft from
    Minecraft: Java Edition system requirements.

For reference, you may also refer the Different Minecraft Editions
    to know more about the different versions of Minecraft.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Joey99x Win User
    Joey99x, Oct 6, 2019
  4. I've owned Java Minecraft for years now, and received a Minecraft for Windows 10 edition...

Cannot get Minecraft Java Edition for free after purchasing Minecraft Windows 10 edition

I accidentally purchased Minecraft Windows 10 edition without knowing that i cannot get Minecraft Java edition for free by purchasing windows 10 edition .Mojang is providing free windows 10 edition for those who purchased Minecraft Java Edition.Why doesn't
    it work other way around when the price is same for both products.Pleease help me.

srisatya9618, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

I've owned Java Minecraft for years now, and received a Minecraft for Windows 10 edition...

1. I've owned Java Minecraft for years now, and received a Minecraft for Windows 10 edition... - Similar Threads - I've owned Java

2. Minecraft (Java Edition) runs very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft (Java Edition) runs very slow: Just went from linux back to windows due to driver issues, I just want to play minecraft with shaders on my new GPU! Linux (on my old worse GPU had 12fps on the shader pack - nice!) but now on windows it has 0: it won't load on the same settings as the CPU usage maxes out and...
  3. I own the java PC version of minecraft and was wondering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I own the java PC version of minecraft and was wondering: So i own the Java Version of minecraft for pc. i am guessing you need to buy the windows 10 version even if you own the java version? or is there a way you could redeem your old code to get the windows 10 version....
  4. Windows 10 edition Minecraft to JAVA

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 edition Minecraft to JAVA: Hi im getting frustrated now because I got windows 10 edition Minecraft. Is there anyway I can get java for free since I have the windows 10 edition. Please Help me/...
  5. MInecraft: Java Edition Cant Login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MInecraft: Java Edition Cant Login.: I have been having a problem with my account not being able to login to the Minecraft.Net Website, I have two Pc's at home, I try logging into my account their, and it works, but when I try logging in to my own Pc, I click Log in, and it doesn't respond, it tells me to verify...
  6. Purchased Multiple Copies Of Minecraft Versions, But Need Minecraft - Java Edition.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchased Multiple Copies Of Minecraft Versions, But Need Minecraft - Java Edition.: I have several copies of minecraft for Xbox and PC, but cant find my downloaded PC one from last year. I signed up for the game pass and saw that minecraft was free but couldn't find how. I eventually downloaded the game for £25 for Windows 10, only to find that I couldn't...
  7. Minecraft Java Mac

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Java Mac: Is there any way to sign into your Xbox account on Minecraft Java Edition? I Have a realm on my PE and Windows10 Edition and want to play on my Mac but there is no other version to play except Java and I can't seem to sign in to Xbox on it......
  8. I unistalled Minecraft Windows 10 Java Edition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I unistalled Minecraft Windows 10 Java Edition.: I'm not able to reinstall. Need help on how to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-unistalled-minecraft-windows-10-java-edition/cfc40142-972f-4a0c-8ea9-c5f3a5a9b6d6
  9. minecraft java in store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft java in store: I bought minecraft java and when i tried to download windows 10 eddtion and it took me to the store and i had to buy it to play the full version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why/1351059f-416e-4e75-b0c7-b20c211ca1a0
  10. Minecraft Java or Minecraft Window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java or Minecraft Window 10: Hiya, I seem to have bought the Windows 10 edition of Minecraft except I can't play on any servers or change my version because of this and I don't really want to pay another $40 as I have to pay for it and it is just a pain because there is a server I've been wanting to...