Windows 10: I've purchased a new dell comp and it demands that I upgrade to Win 11

Discus and support I've purchased a new dell comp and it demands that I upgrade to Win 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I literally bought this refurb comp from Amazon last week and it keeps making me download Win 11 but when I do, it freezez up Its a 2020model and is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MH1967YaDevils, May 14, 2022.

1. I've purchased a new dell comp and it demands that I upgrade to Win 11

I literally bought this refurb comp from Amazon last week and it keeps making me download Win 11 but when I do, it freezez up Its a 2020model and is supposed to support W11 Its a Dell WPS13 9310 did I make a mistake?

:)

MH1967YaDevils, May 14, 2022

2. Returned the ASUS and purchased a Dell

I have made my decision and I am returning the Dell. After my money is refunded, I will have to do research and will have a choice on what to find that fits into my budget but better than the Dell. I hate returning things like this. It is so frustrating. I know a lot of you have recommended brands, models, and told me where to purchase a computer from, but if some of you could re-list some suggestions that would be very much appreciated. I need all of the help I can get with this.

Jesse Williams, May 14, 2022
  3. Can I upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 if my Win 7 Comp is Dead?

I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 when it was offered for free a few years ago.

But recent win 10 updates caused my comp to completely die (an entirely different story).

I now have a new hard drive and the original Win 7 product code from the label on the side of the computer.

Can I download win 10 from Microsoft and use the Win 7 product code to activate?

If not, what can I do to avoid purchasing Win 10 again?

Thanks,

SteveAichele, May 14, 2022
  4. I've purchased a new dell comp and it demands that I upgrade to Win 11

Can I upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 if my Win 7 Comp is Dead?

Not to go into much detail because the issue has been solved, but at first the win 10 update would stall at 83% and just freeze. Upon restart it would try to immediately update and freeze again.

So for a couple of weeks, I would restart and then interrupt the upgrade with the power button on the case. This would trigger a restore of a previous version of windows. Took a few minutes but eventually the desktop would come up. Then one day, a couple
    of seconds into the restore process, the comp would automatically restart. This loop would repeat all day if you let it. So I tried rescue and repair disks. No good.

I use this comp for work and couldn't afford anymore downtime, so I just purchased a new comp and installed the original hard drive in an external case (now Drive E) to retrieve all my data.

But... my old comp is still a good machine (i5 with 16 gb RAM) so I purchased a new hard drive for it and now need to reinstall windows.

SteveAichele, May 14, 2022
Thema:

I've purchased a new dell comp and it demands that I upgrade to Win 11

1. I've purchased a new dell comp and it demands that I upgrade to Win 11 - Similar Threads - I've purchased dell

2. Upgrade Win 10 to Win 11 with new PC config

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Win 10 to Win 11 with new PC config: Hi all, I have a desktop PC Asus motherboard, SSD storage , Intel i5 6600k with Win 10 licence digital activated and linked to my Microsoft account.Now I've build a new system from scratch MSI motherboard, Ryzen 7 and S990 pro M2 and I would like to do a clean Win 11...
  3. Upgrade Win 10 to Win 11 with new PC config

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win 10 to Win 11 with new PC config: Hi all, I have a desktop PC Asus motherboard, SSD storage , Intel i5 6600k with Win 10 licence digital activated and linked to my Microsoft account.Now I've build a new system from scratch MSI motherboard, Ryzen 7 and S990 pro M2 and I would like to do a clean Win 11...
  4. Upgrade Win 10 to Win 11 with new PC config

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I've purchased a new dell comp and it demands that I upgrade to Win 11

I've purchased a new dell comp and it demands that I upgrade to Win 11: I literally bought this refurb comp from Amazon last week and it keeps making me download Win 11 but when I do, it freezez up Its a 2020model and is supposed to support W11 Its a Dell WPS13 9310 did I make a mistake?...
  6. Can I purchase Windows 11 for a new PC that I've built?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I purchase Windows 11 for a new PC that I've built?: Hello fellas. Finished building my PC and have to install the OS. I can't seem to find a way to purchase windows 11 from the Microsoft store. So, should I buy a Windows 10 license and then update to 11? Than you for your help!...
  7. Can I purchase Windows 11 for a new PC that I've built?

Can I purchase Windows 11 for a new PC that I've built?: Hello fellas. Finished building my PC and have to install the OS. I can't seem to find a way to purchase windows 11 from the Microsoft store. So, should I buy a Windows 10 license and then update to 11? Than you for your help!...
  8. Can I purchase Windows 11 for a new PC that I've built?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. Purchased a new Dell Laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Purchased a new Dell Laptop.: Hello, I originally signed up for Microsoft 365 a few years back. Added my wife to use additional account. She purchased a new pc yesterday. She used my user account and outlook email, psassword etc.. So the question i have is can i remove my info from her pc and add her...
  10. New comp.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New comp.: Looking to get a new gaming comp. but on a budget would like to keep,it under $700. Looking at the dell inspiration 5675 as one.. also see these cyber power systems but don't know much about them. Any help would be great. Thanks 116890