Windows 10: I've recently upgraded my motherboard and when i try to troubleshoot my windows 10...

Discus and support I've recently upgraded my motherboard and when i try to troubleshoot my windows 10... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I just recently upgraded my cpu(Ryzen 5 2600) and motherboard (MSI B450 Gaming plus) and i tried to reactivate windows on this new system.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GuinneSng, Dec 7, 2018.

1. GuinneSng Win User

I've recently upgraded my motherboard and when i try to troubleshoot my windows 10...

Hi,

I just recently upgraded my cpu(Ryzen 5 2600) and motherboard (MSI B450 Gaming plus) and i tried to reactivate windows on this new system. However, when i boot up the troubleshooter to reactivate windows again i cannot find my new system listed at the Microsoft account section. This new system that i am using is already logged into my Microsoft account and in my manage Microsoft account page my new system is listed under devices but i am unable to find it when troubleshooting windows activation. Any help would be appreciated, Thank You.

:)

GuinneSng, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

I've recently upgraded my motherboard and when i try to troubleshoot my windows 10...

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

1. I've recently upgraded my motherboard and when i try to troubleshoot my windows 10... - Similar Threads - I've recently upgraded

2. I upgraded my PC [ motherboard and CPU] my windows 10 product key didn't transfer over.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I upgraded my PC [ motherboard and CPU] my windows 10 product key didn't transfer over.: I upgraded my PC [ motherboard and CPU] my windows 10 product key didn't transfer over. I try to do the troubleshoot but it didn't work. when I chick it, it said: "troubleshooting has completed we weren't able to activate windows on this device". then I press " I change...
  3. I upgraded my computer [I changed my motherboard also] and I can't activate my window by...

I upgraded my computer [I changed my motherboard also] and I can't activate my window by...: I just upgraded my computer two days ago. after I read the articles from windowsreport.com they said it maybe because of the change of hardwares so is there anyways to fix this? or should I just contract a person?[English is not my main language so it's very hard to speak...
  4. I replaced my Motherboard

I replaced my Motherboard: My motherboard failed and replaced it, the question is can I activate my Windows License again on this new motherboard? I don't have money to buy a new one at the moment, if there is any way to install again the same Windows let me know please...
  5. If I upgrade my motherboard/CPU will my digital license be valid?

If I upgrade my motherboard/CPU will my digital license be valid?: Just as the title states, I'm going to upgrade my CPU/Motherboard. I'm wondering if my windows 10 pro digital license will be able to be transferred over? In case it matters, but I'm sure it doesn't, it will be from a core2quad to an i5 8th gen, I know MS had rules/issues...
  6. upgrading my motherboard, what happens to my license?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    upgrading my motherboard, what happens to my license?: If I replace my motherboard, will I still keep my windows 10 license (free upgrade done)? My Windows Activated Product ID: 00330-80000-00000-AA178 Changing my motherboard from the old GA-EG31M-S2 to GA-H61M-S2V-B3 My hard-drive stays the same!...
  7. Recent upgrade on my surface pro2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent upgrade on my surface pro2: after the upgrade of windows 10 in the last week (early July) my Adobe Photo shop program won't load my projects. I get a 'insufficient ram' notification. I have check there is nothing else running and prior to the update I had no issues....
  8. I have Windows 10 and I've lost my Contacts and Calendar

in Browsers and Email
    I have Windows 10 and I've lost my Contacts and Calendar: I have Windows 10 and I've lost my Contacts List and Calendar in Windows Live Mail???? Ev 43794
  9. Recent upgrade on motherboard and CPU, BSOD when under GPU load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent upgrade on motherboard and CPU, BSOD when under GPU load: Hi, I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU to a Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard and an Intel Xeon 1231 v3. I use a Nvidia GTX 660 GPU, and recently my FPS in-game has been stuttering. When I checked my GPU load, I noticed it kept on dipping below the threshold that...
  10. I've decided to upgrade my graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I've decided to upgrade my graphics card: It's moot, but if the MB is an Asus Z97-A, then it has a PCI-E 3.0 slot. Yes I know that,,,,,,,lol it's funny how people reply to the last post and not the OP Thanks