Windows 10: I've recently upgraded my motherboard and when i try to troubleshoot my windows 10...

Discus and support I've recently upgraded my motherboard and when i try to troubleshoot my windows 10... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I just recently upgraded my cpu(Ryzen 5 2600) and motherboard (MSI B450 Gaming plus) and i tried to reactivate windows on this new system.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GuinneSng, Dec 7, 2018.

1. GuinneSng Win User

I've recently upgraded my motherboard and when i try to troubleshoot my windows 10...

Hi,

I just recently upgraded my cpu(Ryzen 5 2600) and motherboard (MSI B450 Gaming plus) and i tried to reactivate windows on this new system. However, when i boot up the troubleshooter to reactivate windows again i cannot find my new system listed at the Microsoft account section. This new system that i am using is already logged into my Microsoft account and in my manage Microsoft account page my new system is listed under devices but i am unable to find it when troubleshooting windows activation. Any help would be appreciated, Thank You.

:)

GuinneSng, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

I've recently upgraded my motherboard and when i try to troubleshoot my windows 10...

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

1. I've recently upgraded my motherboard and when i try to troubleshoot my windows 10... - Similar Threads - I've recently upgraded

2. I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...: Yesterday I did a long overdue upgrade of my pc, and this morning I woke up to find windows not activated. When I went to the activation page in settings and ran the troubleshooter, it says "We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure you're connected to the Internet...
  3. I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...: Yesterday I did a long overdue upgrade of my pc, and this morning I woke up to find windows not activated. When I went to the activation page in settings and ran the troubleshooter, it says "We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure you're connected to the Internet...
  4. I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I've upgraded my Motherboard and CPU

I've upgraded my Motherboard and CPU: Windows is currently telling me windows is not activating as it cant find my activation key within my PC, Storage is all the same like i said i've only upgraded my CPU and Motherboard and now I'm still running Windows 10 Pro but have this annoying activation thing...My...
  6. I recently upgraded my processor and and mobo in my desktop. I get this error when I try...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I recently upgraded my processor and and mobo in my desktop. I get this error when I try...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheTrumpetDude1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ku7fry/i_recently_upgraded_my_processor_and_and_mobo_in/
  7. upgrading my motherboard

upgrading my motherboard: I am planning to upgrade my motherboard so what are the steps i should make to transfer my windows licence https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-my-motherboard/9a115438-ea7e-4f0c-a0f0-266b945809da"
  8. My recent upgrade with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My recent upgrade with Windows 10: Dear Community team I do hope you can help me with a serious problem. Microsoft asked me to do an upgrade recently. While this was being carried out I was asked by Microsoft Do you wish to restore your programmes and other settings. I replied yes! I sat in front of my...
  9. just upgraded my Motherboard and tried to active my windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    just upgraded my Motherboard and tried to active my windows.: hey, i recently upgraded my motherboard and installed all the updates, suddenly the windows activation water mark pop up, in order to reactive my windows by troubleshooting some error message pop up , i tried several ways , i followed one guide about sysprep.exe and i got...
  10. recently upgraded my motherboard and cant reactivate my Windows 10

recently upgraded my motherboard and cant reactivate my Windows 10: I replaced my old motherboard for a newer one and came to find out I couldn't change the background because I needed to activate windows with the error message "0xC004C003". I've looked into it a bit but I already had a Microsoft account when I bought the prebuilt computer...