Windows 10: I've restricted myself from being an admin

Discus and support I've restricted myself from being an admin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I used the "netplwiz" tool in the run tool and was poking around with the different ownership names. I saw "Administartor" at the top and thought,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HenryCarter2, Jul 17, 2019.

1. I've restricted myself from being an admin

I used the "netplwiz" tool in the run tool and was poking around with the different ownership names. I saw "Administartor" at the top and thought, "that is a boring name". Quickly, i saw the title "device owner" and selected this thinking i was not lose any tools; and here i am. I am unable to activate myself as an admin in the family and users setting, nor does the computer managment or "regedit" command work, as every time i am told i did not have the admin feature to do so. Someone please help me out!

:)

HenryCarter2, Jul 17, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 17, 2019
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jul 17, 2019
  4. raidx259 Win User

I've restricted myself from being an admin

Admin restriction

I installed a game on my son's Win10 computer. He has a user account and I have an admin account. The shortcut is in the public desktop. Everytime he clicks on the shortcut in his account its asks for the admin password. I looked under the properties/shortcut/advanced
    and the "run as administrator" box is not checked.

Is there somewhere else I need to go to remove the restriction on this program?

Thank you

raidx259, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

I've restricted myself from being an admin

1. I've restricted myself from being an admin - Similar Threads - I've restricted myself

2. restricted admin permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restricted admin permissions: I am trying to add a .dll file to an existing folder and I get the message that I do not have the correct permissions and I need to and have to contact the administrator. I am the sole user of the computer and my account is set as administrator. I'm a basic computer user...
  3. Removal of admin restrictions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removal of admin restrictions: Hi, all, I was wondering if you could tell me if it is possible to remove administrator account/restrictions. I will receive an email when someone responds. Thanks 18jamie.jones...
  4. Admin restriction removal

Admin restriction removal: Hi, all, I am wondering how you remove administrator restrictions on this computer. If you know, please respond, I will be waiting for when you are ready. Thanks 18jamie.jones...
  5. How can I ban / restrict myself from certain websites?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I ban / restrict myself from certain websites?: I have addiction to certain websites (NOT adult sites) that I want to block myself for a certain period of time . Is there any freeware or low price software to do so? Windows 10 environment It should work on all browsers otherwise it's not useful.... 132476
  6. Remove myself from Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove myself from Microsoft Family: I need to download something onto my computer but my dad put me in a family and restricted my usage. Will it notify him if I click the "Leave Family" button? * Moved from IE(other)/other ***Modify title from: Family***...
  7. removing myself from family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    removing myself from family: the reason i have to ask this on here is because the microsoft support is absolutely useless, the "get help" app doesn't even work. I need to remove myself from my xbox family thing because my account is classed a "child" and this prevents me from buying game pass. I then...
  8. Making myself admin in windows 10

Making myself admin in windows 10: I am named as the admin; however, m computer does not recognize this status. What to do? Thanks, Michael https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-myself-admin-in-windows-10/ce986e55-35d0-4afa-b9cd-3f8ee57983c1
  9. Page not available, It-admin has restricted me from my own PC?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Page not available, It-admin has restricted me from my own PC?: Hello! After the latest update I was running windows Defender and when the search of viruses was finished I tried to click on the pop-up that displays when it's done. However, when I clicked the message "Your IT-admin has restricted some areas of this app. What you are trying...
  10. Page not available, It-admin has restricted me from my own PC?

Page not available, It-admin has restricted me from my own PC?: Hello! After the latest update I was running windows Defender and when the search of viruses was finished I tried to click on the pop-up that displays when it's done. However, when I clicked the message "Your IT-admin has restricted some areas of this app. What you are trying...