Windows 10: I've ruined all my browsers ----all of them are sluggish and keep crashing

Discus and support I've ruined all my browsers ----all of them are sluggish and keep crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. I have the terrible habit of having way too many tabs open. It can get into the hundreds. (I know, I know.) One by one, I have apparently ruined... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JayEllGii, Sep 28, 2018.

1. JayEllGii Win User

I've ruined all my browsers ----all of them are sluggish and keep crashing

Hi. I have the terrible habit of having way too many tabs open. It can get into the hundreds. (I know, I know.)

One by one, I have apparently ruined all my browser options. First Firefox, then Chrome, then Explorer, then Edge, and now Waterfox. One after the other, over the 2 1/2 years I have had this Lenovo desktop, I caused all these browsers to go from running fine to constantly slowing down, being unresponsive or crashing. Depressingly, even after I went back to all those browsers and tucked all those open tabs away into a favorites folder, the problem did not improve, or improved very little. Even now it's very difficult to type this because Waterfox keeps freezing up every few words.

Yesterday I thought maybe I could solve the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling it. So I exported all the bookmarks to html as I read you should, then uninstalled. To my enormous surprise, when I reinstalled, it was not a fresh start---all my bookmarks, logins and other memories were still there. It was like I had never uninstalled it. So then I tried deleting all cookies and cache. That only appeared to help for a few minutes, and then it went right back to being slow.

I'm so confused and frustrated. Please tell me what the problem is likely to be that I've apparently inflicted on all of these browsers, and how can I fix it. I need to end my tabs habit, obviously, but I need to get these browsers functioning again.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

JayEllGii, Sep 28, 2018

2. Browser Tab Crashing

Hi,

Corrupted browser cache and extensions are some of the things that can cause your browser to crash. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • Have you tried using a different browser other than the ones mentioned above? If yes, did you encounter the same error?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

To rule out any performance issues, we suggest that you replicate your concern while you're in the clean boot environment and check if the issue persists. To do this, follow the steps provided on this

link

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Sep 28, 2018
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 28, 2018
  4. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

1. I've ruined all my browsers ----all of them are sluggish and keep crashing - Similar Threads - I've ruined browsers

2. Why do all of my browsers keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do all of my browsers keep crashing?: I’m having issues where Chrome, Waterfox and Opera GX are all crashing and I can’t find a way to fix it. I have exhausted every fix I know of and could find online including:Turning the PC off and on;Closing the browser and restarting them;Uninstalling and reinstalling...
  3. Why do all of my browsers keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do all of my browsers keep crashing?: I’m having issues where Chrome, Waterfox and Opera GX are all crashing and I can’t find a way to fix it. I have exhausted every fix I know of and could find online including:Turning the PC off and on;Closing the browser and restarting them;Uninstalling and reinstalling...
  4. Why do all of my browsers keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. All Browser keep crashing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Browser keep crashing!: Hello,my error is that all browsers keep crashing,except Microsoft edge. But I wanna use my Other Browsers.I don't get any Error Output.I tried to reinstall the Browsers and I also tried restarting my pc.It all didn't work.And also they didn't stop Working all at once, but...
  6. All Browser keep crashing!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Browser keep crashing!: Hello,my error is that all browsers keep crashing,except Microsoft edge. But I wanna use my Other Browsers.I don't get any Error Output.I tried to reinstall the Browsers and I also tried restarting my pc.It all didn't work.And also they didn't stop Working all at once, but...
  7. All browsers keep crashing

All browsers keep crashing: Hi all, I've posted here before but sadly the problem keeps persisting. All browsers I have tried are crashing. IE, Firefox and Chrome. I have checked they are all up to date and I have run various scans on the laptop but nothing is showing. When I posted on here the...
  8. All web browsers keep crashing

All web browsers keep crashing: Hello, All my browsers (google chrome, firefox, internet explorer) keep crashing on Windows 8.1. I've disabled all add-ons, I've run a virus check and still can't seem to fix the problem. The error message I get on internet explorer is: Windows Data Execution Prevention...
  9. All Browsers Crashing

in Browsers and Email
    All Browsers Crashing: Not sure what is going on. Ever since updating to Windows 10 every browser I use crashed. I have been trying Internet Explorer, Edge, and Chrome and have the same issue in all of them. Chrome is a little more stable then the other two. Example when opening up Internet...
  10. All browsers on all computers crashing

in Browsers and Email
    All browsers on all computers crashing: I have two desktops and a laptop. All are running Windows 10. On all three I have been experiencing repeated browser crashes on Edge, Internet Explorer and Chrome. I run ipconfig/flushdns about three to four times a day with computer restart. That gets me back up, but for...