Windows 10: I've run safety scanner and during the scan it says 2 files are infected but at the end of...

Discus and support I've run safety scanner and during the scan it says 2 files are infected but at the end of... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; running safety scanner and 2 infected files are reported but when the scan finishes it says no problems to report. Why??... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RWSW, Nov 24, 2022.

1. RWSW Win User

I've run safety scanner and during the scan it says 2 files are infected but at the end of...

running safety scanner and 2 infected files are reported but when the scan finishes it says no problems to report. Why??

:)

2. eric2313 Win User

Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files

When running a safety scan I found 2 infected files the scan said everything is clean but they are still there. These have me extremely paranoid, should I just wipe the full drive and reinstall windows?! I am unsure if it's doing any harm and this is the only scanner that picks these 2 files up.

eric2313, Nov 24, 2022
  3. mdo0 Win User
    When running the malicious software removal tool, it says that I have 2 infected files whilst scanning, but then at the end it says that there were no infected files.

When running the malicious software removal tool, it says that I have 2 infected files whilst scanning, but then at the end it says that there were no infected files. This happens with the quick scan and the full scan. What does this mean? I've seen other
    responses where people have said that the tool has deleted these two files, but it always says that there are two files.

4. David-M. Win User

I've run safety scanner and during the scan it says 2 files are infected but at the end of...

microsoft safety scanner found infected file, but give no virus at report

Hi Mrpatate76.

I'm David, and I'm happy to help you.

Microsoft Safety Scanner may report that it found threats before the end of the scan and show no detection at the end. What happens is that it finds possible infections, but at the end of the scan, it does a full check on these items, and it may find that there is no infection.

This is normal behavior for Microsoft Safety Scanner.

Therefore, if at the end of the scan, no threats were reported, nothing was found by the Microsoft Safety Scanner.

If you think your computer is infected with a virus, I suggest you do a full scan using Malwarebytes as a second opinion.

Download through this link: Malwarebytes Cybersecurity for Home and Business | Anti-Malware & Antivirus

IMPORTANT: When installing, a 14-day trial will be activated. I suggest disabling this trial to avoid conflict with your current antivirus. Access the Malwarebytes settings (gear icon at the top of the window), tab "Account" and click "Disable".

After scanning, you can uninstall it.

Malwarebytes alone may not be able to detect if it is Adware, so use AdwCleaner as well. It is very effective in removing this type of infection.

Download through this link: AdwCleaner - Free Adware Cleaner & Removal Tool | Malwarebytes

IMPORTANT: AdwCleaner detects pre-installed software and allows you to remove all of its features to improve Windows performance. It might be some software you need. So ignore this option or uncheck the software in the list provided after scanning.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

David-M., Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

1. I've run safety scanner and during the scan it says 2 files are infected but at the end of... - Similar Threads - I've run safety

2. MS Safety Scanner shows several "Infected Files" during scan then says "no viruses,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Safety Scanner shows several "Infected Files" during scan then says "no viruses,...: MS Safety Scanner shows several "Infected Files" during scan then says "no viruses, spyware... were detected" when finished? Is this ok?I'm having a problem with windows update. It gets partially through the update and then says the update didn't work and backs-off the...
  3. MS Safety Scanner shows several "Infected Files" during scan then says "no viruses,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Safety Scanner shows several "Infected Files" during scan then says "no viruses,...: MS Safety Scanner shows several "Infected Files" during scan then says "no viruses, spyware... were detected" when finished? Is this ok?I'm having a problem with windows update. It gets partially through the update and then says the update didn't work and backs-off the...
  4. MS Safety Scanner shows several "Infected Files" during scan then says "no viruses,...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Why does Microsoft Safety Scanner detect 4 infected files during scan, but at the end of...

Why does Microsoft Safety Scanner detect 4 infected files during scan, but at the end of...: I ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner, and it found 4 infected files which it did not mention at the end of the scan. I ran it again partially until it found one infected file and then I cancelled the scan. I also ran the Microsoft Defender antivirus with full and offline scans,...
  6. Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...: Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and when I get the scan result at the end it says "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, and other potentially unwanted software were detected".Why does this happen? I have tried booting in to safe mode...
  7. MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner shows 4 infected files during the scan, but when scan ends...

MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner shows 4 infected files during the scan, but when scan ends...: Like the title says, while I am running the Microsoft Security Scanner it shows that it found 4 infected files, yet when the scanner ends it says it found nothing, and shows no detections in the log. Has anyone ever seen this before, or know how to fix it?...
  8. Microsoft Safety Scanner shows Infection during scan but at the end Result shows no infection

Microsoft Safety Scanner shows Infection during scan but at the end Result shows no infection: During the scanning progress indicates "Files Infected" etc. 11 files; at the end of scan indicates no viruses detected. My question is are infected files not virus and did the scanner delete the infection or the problems? thanks [Original Title: Microsoft Safety Scanner]...
  9. Microsoft Safety Scanner shows there is infected file but after the end of scan shows...

Microsoft Safety Scanner shows there is infected file but after the end of scan shows...: When running the Safety Scanner, the scan progress window indicates "Files Infected" count during the scan.I just ran a "Full" scan and the "Files Infected" count was 30when the scan ended, the scan issues a message that no files were infected. how is this possible? is the...
  10. Microsoft Safety Scanner msert shows Files Infected: 210 during Full Scan but at end shows...

Microsoft Safety Scanner msert shows Files Infected: 210 during Full Scan but at end shows...: Latest Microsoft Safety Scanner msert 64 bit, shows Files Infected: 210 during Full Scan but at the end shows no infected files. Why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-safety-scanner-msert-shows-files/2dee5d8b-8ada-417b-a305-a899e5d47ae2