Windows 10: Ive spent years trying to get rid of this

Discus and support Ive spent years trying to get rid of this in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I hope I have the right sub for this post. Ive been getting this pop up every time I start up my PC for the past few years and despite hours and hours... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/devilsbuisness, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Ive spent years trying to get rid of this

I hope I have the right sub for this post.

Ive been getting this pop up every time I start up my PC for the past few years and despite hours and hours of researching i just cant get rid of it. If any of clever folk could help out it would be greatly appreciated as I feel like im getting the finger flipped at me every time i boot up.

submitted by /u/devilsbuisness
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/devilsbuisness, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Sajer Win User

Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.

*Think

As always, there seems to be lots of alleged fixes out there, which may work on versions earlier than Win 10... but not with Win 10. The struggle for getting rid of this now un-needed bloat seems to be wrapped up in file permissions. But even when I try to clobber it with administrative authority, it won't budge. One fix suggests that you can use disk cleanup to get rid of it by selecting previous installation files. Heh. Yeah. Just TRY and find that option in Win 10.

Ok. Somebody hopefully has managed to resolve this inigma. Step by step, please. Ive spent years trying to get rid of this :)

Sajer, Jun 27, 2020
  3. dencal Win User
    Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.

Type Diskcleanup in Cortana, bottom left.
    Click on Cleanup System Files, There you will see a second option in yellow highlight, More options.
    Do note the bottom Attachment comes up first.

dencal, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Maggidon Win User

Ive spent years trying to get rid of this

TEST created two years ago to get rid of Windows.old

Agreed. Thanks for the suggestion!
    (Oh do permit me to edit this ... I did get rid of the Windows.old Folder. It was a complex idea but it worked. I hid the Folder)

Maggidon, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Ive spent years trying to get rid of this

1. Ive spent years trying to get rid of this - Similar Threads - Ive spent years

2. Can some one help me with this ive tried almost everything and nothing seems to get rid of it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can some one help me with this ive tried almost everything and nothing seems to get rid of it: ...../// https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-some-one-help-me-with-this-ive-tried-almost/a3563cfe-0c63-4516-b556-929745580f59
  3. Can some one help me with this ive tried almost everything and nothing seems to get rid of it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can some one help me with this ive tried almost everything and nothing seems to get rid of it: ...../// https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-some-one-help-me-with-this-ive-tried-almost/a3563cfe-0c63-4516-b556-929745580f59
  4. Can some one help me with this ive tried almost everything and nothing seems to get rid of it

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. ive an old email that covers the screen and cant delete it or get rid off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ive an old email that covers the screen and cant delete it or get rid off: ive an old email that covers the screen and cant delete it or get rid off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-an-old-email-that-covers-the-screen-and-cant/13005adc-946d-40f0-a2f1-0f983518f6f1
  6. ive an old email that covers the screen and cant delete it or get rid off

ive an old email that covers the screen and cant delete it or get rid off: ive an old email that covers the screen and cant delete it or get rid off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-an-old-email-that-covers-the-screen-and-cant/13005adc-946d-40f0-a2f1-0f983518f6f1
  7. How can I get touchscreen and touchscreen driver back? Spent days trying

How can I get touchscreen and touchscreen driver back? Spent days trying: Touchscreen is gone; also HID-compliant touchscreen driver. Have spent days researching every fix I could find online. Nothing worked. I am cross eyed. I don't think this is complicated but I just cannot fix it. Please help. Thank you.Windows 10 64 bit HP Pavilion...
  8. Just spent an hour trying to get Link your phone to work with Galaxy S21

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just spent an hour trying to get Link your phone to work with Galaxy S21: Wow what a absolutely horrible user experience. After an hour I still can't get it work. From Windows, I click "Add my phone" and this makes me enter a phone number to send a text message to. When I open the text message, it just opens the Google Play store for Microsoft...
  9. trying to get rid of Segurazo virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trying to get rid of Segurazo virus: I have Segurazo virus on my laptop but unable to locate it in programs to as per instructions. Any suggestions welcome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-get-rid-of-segurazo-virus/491aed6f-bf9b-4a4d-8fbb-6e26c462b179
  10. TEST created two years ago to get rid of Windows.old

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    TEST created two years ago to get rid of Windows.old: Two years ago, Microsoft Support slipped over onto my computer to get rid of Windows.old that didn't disappear after the thirty day thingy. They created a TEST somehow and for whatever reason and put the Windows.old over into that Folder. Today, I happened to light onto that...