Windows 10: I've started getting seemingly random Blue screen crashes on my elderly Thinkpad T510...

Discus and support I've started getting seemingly random Blue screen crashes on my elderly Thinkpad T510... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Here is a pasting of the event viewer application error general details tab: Faulting application name: svchost.exe_WbioSrvc, version: 10.0.18362.1,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Here2do, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Here2do Win User

I've started getting seemingly random Blue screen crashes on my elderly Thinkpad T510...

Here is a pasting of the event viewer application error general details tab:

Faulting application name: svchost.exe_WbioSrvc, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x32d6c210
    Faulting module name: UPKBU.DLL, version: 1.6.1.341, time stamp: 0x502239a7
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000cccd7
    Faulting process id: 0x116c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d565a8cf025671
    Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINBIOPLUGINS\UPKBU.DLL
    Report Id: 47ecc55d-848d-47f9-9192-ec9f3dc082b2
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

:)

Here2do, Sep 10, 2019

2. Random, Frequent Blue Screens

Hello all,

My friends and I built a PC a while back and when it works, it works awesomely. However, I get blue screens at seemingly random times with the ones that say IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR being the most common, but sometimes I get other
    ones too. I tried browsing the forums and doing some of the suggestions there, but no luck yet. I have put my minidump folder at this

link
    if anyone else has any suggestions for me. Thanks for your help!

-Bruno

BrunoKerger, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Law-II Win User
    Crash/blue screen

Hi

I assume from the title of your post Crash/Blue Screen that the PC has crashed and produced a *BSOD=[Blue Screen Of Death] =Blue Screen; and that the PC recovered from this; if and when you see the Blue Screen write the Stop Code down; recover the PC or use one that is working to access the net and look up the Stop Code.

nb: You may be able to view this with a [*BlueScreenView] application, google for this.

Edit Link - Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

Description
    ===========

BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen
    of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one
    table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the
    date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue
    screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver
    or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file
    description, and file version).
    For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of
    the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane.
    BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the
    crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly
    caused the crash.

atb

Law-II

Law-II, Sep 10, 2019
  4. I've started getting seemingly random Blue screen crashes on my elderly Thinkpad T510...

Trying to diagnose random blue screens

This is a Windows 10 Professional desktop, built seven years ago. It is starting to fail, with almost daily blue screens, and I'm trying to guess what part is failing. The candiates are naturally the motherboard, a RAM stick, or a video card.

The errors are almost always different, and there is almost never a culprit announced. Here are some examples:

• MEMORY_MMANAGEMENT
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (mcdbus.sys)
    • SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Eventually I will have to start removing all parts one by one, but I was wondering if these errors might suggest which part to check first.

Martin Argerami, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

I've started getting seemingly random Blue screen crashes on my elderly Thinkpad T510...

1. I've started getting seemingly random Blue screen crashes on my elderly Thinkpad T510... - Similar Threads - I've started getting

2. Blue and black screen on my thinkpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue and black screen on my thinkpad: I'm getting a blue screen with error code:0xc00000f. Pressing F8 key brings me to an Edit Boot Screen, Partition: 2, hard disk:e2fde2fd. Noexecute=opt-in. Can I fix this? I don't have a USB with Windows 10....
  3. Blue and black screen on my thinkpad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue and black screen on my thinkpad: I'm getting a blue screen with error code:0xc00000f. Pressing F8 key brings me to an Edit Boot Screen, Partition: 2, hard disk:e2fde2fd. Noexecute=opt-in. Can I fix this? I don't have a USB with Windows 10....
  4. Blue screen at seemingly random intervals

Blue screen at seemingly random intervals: Or maybe it happens whenever I'm playing a game, I suppose. Can't rightly say it. Also, it might bear no relevance, but: My Windows can't time sync. I've tried everything I've found online and tried a bunch of different servers but the time synchronization fails every time. I...
  5. Blue screen at seemingly random intervals

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen at seemingly random intervals: Or maybe it happens whenever I'm playing a game, I suppose. Can't rightly say it. Also, it might bear no relevance, but: My Windows can't time sync. I've tried everything I've found online and tried a bunch of different servers but the time synchronization fails every time. I...
  6. Blue screen at seemingly random intervals

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 20H2 upgradation on Lenovo Thinkpad T510

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 upgradation on Lenovo Thinkpad T510: Hello, I'm my laptop is a Lenovo ThinkPad T510. It's specs :- OS - Windows 10 pro 1709 (64 bit) RAM - 8 GB Hard Disk - 128 GB SSD( 74 GB Available) processor - intel Core i7 620M (2.66 Ghz) Dual core So my question is does my laptop is compatible to windows 10 version 20H2...
  8. Thinkpad T510 is bricked after entering PIN in setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Thinkpad T510 is bricked after entering PIN in setup: My used Thinkpad T510 is bricked, for now. Sequence: came with no OS on a 500gb HDD powered up to textual DOS-like screen powered down, put on charger overnight took off charger installed SSD, booted to BIOS removed password need in BIOS, Saved still looking at BIOS, beeped...
  9. Seemingly random blue screen crashes occuring daily

Seemingly random blue screen crashes occuring daily: Hello, My computer has since for as long as I remember experiencing bsod crashes at varying frequencies. I have previously searched for online help for this twice, but without any success. The error messages in on bsod vary a lot, but I think all that information is in the...
  10. (Seemingly) Random Blue Screens, No Error

(Seemingly) Random Blue Screens, No Error: Hi guys, recently I was playing a video game on my desktop while talking to my friends over a program. Suddenly, the game froze and my display switched to a bluescreen. I rebooted and began to look into the issue only to have it blue screen again, shortly after opening my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Faulting application name: svchost.exe_svsvc version: 10.0.18362.1 time stamp: 0x32d6c210

2. Faulting application name: svchost.exe version: 10.0.18362.1 time stamp: 0x32d6c210