Windows 10: I've suddenly become a user!

Discus and support I've suddenly become a user! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on an old Lenovo laptop and on a new Lenovo laptop, and have spent a lot of time moving programs and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AlexBell, Oct 25, 2015.

1. AlexBell Win User

I've suddenly become a user!

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on an old Lenovo laptop and on a new Lenovo laptop, and have spent a lot of time moving programs and data from the old to the new laptop. When I start up the old laptop the initial screen shows that I am the owner. For some reason unknown when I startup the new laptop, the one I'm using now to send this message, the screen shows that I am a user. This seems to be causing problems with some of the software I use.

What have I done wrong, and how do I get back to being the owner on this computer? I'm sorry if this is a basic simple mistake I've made, but my computer knowledge is limited.

:)

AlexBell, Oct 25, 2015
  2. EtrixoL Win User

Windows 10 Sound Suddenly stopped working.

Hello,

I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 and it has become apparent that my "audio device" has suddenly stopped working.

The sound device worked perfectly fine when I was running Windows 8.1 but now that i've upgraded, it's suddenly malfunctioned.

I've suddenly become a user! [​IMG]

EtrixoL, Oct 25, 2015
  3. Doug2004 Win User
    updates

Why is that everytime there's a windows update- MSN runs like crap for weeks after? Sites I've gone on daily for months suddenly get secuiry warnings, etc and then crash. MSN is really becoming not worth the effort!

Doug2004, Oct 25, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Yes if you are a Local User, it can cause issues. If you moved programs from one computer to the other. There can be incompatibility issues, if you did not just install the software on the new computer. Instead you just moved the directories over, which does not work with any OS, because the settings for the programs are kept in the Registry and a few other places.

bro67, Oct 25, 2015
  5. AlexBell Win User
    No, sorry, that's not what I need help with. I have reinstalled the programs, so that's not the problem.

I want to get back to being the owner when I start up the computer. How do I do that?

AlexBell, Oct 26, 2015
  6. AlexBell Win User
    This is a really important issue for me. When I was using this computer with Windows 7 I was the owner, not a user. If I revert back to Windows 7 will I again become the owner? Is it safe to revert back? How long does it take?

AlexBell, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I've suddenly become a user! - Similar Threads - I've suddenly become

2. notifications have suddenly become tiny

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notifications have suddenly become tiny: as shown in picture, this was a sudden issue. Seems settings have been changed as of recent updates as the old methods found with microsoft support cannot be found within the control panel nor display settings....
  3. notifications have suddenly become tiny

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    notifications have suddenly become tiny: as shown in picture, this was a sudden issue. Seems settings have been changed as of recent updates as the old methods found with microsoft support cannot be found within the control panel nor display settings....
  4. Pc suddenly becomes slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc suddenly becomes slow: When i open adobe preimere pro or any streaming applications streamlabs, obs, etc. my pc suddenly slows down everything lags really hard this never happened before until today. Currently have windows 11....
  5. Pc suddenly becomes slow

Pc suddenly becomes slow: When i open adobe preimere pro or any streaming applications streamlabs, obs, etc. my pc suddenly slows down everything lags really hard this never happened before until today. Currently have windows 11....
  6. Mouse cursor becomes HUGE suddenly!

Mouse cursor becomes HUGE suddenly!: Hello... I had a fresh install of Windows10 a month ago.After the installation I have problems with the cursor, it becomes really big for no reason.I go to the Mouse Settings and there is no change in the settings... after I slide to the right and go back to the left the...
  7. Mouse cursor becomes HUGE suddenly!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor becomes HUGE suddenly!: Hello... I had a fresh install of Windows10 a month ago.After the installation I have problems with the cursor, it becomes really big for no reason.I go to the Mouse Settings and there is no change in the settings... after I slide to the right and go back to the left the...
  8. Mouse cursor becomes HUGE suddenly!

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Sound suddenly becomes low

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound suddenly becomes low: Hi all, thanks for reading this..I am facing an issue with the sound..whenever i am watching any video on browser, YouTube, netflix etc.. after certain time the audio coming out becomes low but the level of volume remains same in sound settings as it was before so there is no...
  10. Suddenly everything become bigger

in Windows 10 Support
    Suddenly everything become bigger: [img] Suddenly everything become bigger and i cant change back to normal.Someone please help me because it just automatically change. 75079