Windows 10: I've suddenly lost my icons. Oh, the labels are still visible, but no pictures to go with.

Discus and support I've suddenly lost my icons. Oh, the labels are still visible, but no pictures to go with. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As I said, no pictures. After a short shutdown for a shower, and reboot half-an-hour later, I was greeted by a screen showing only labels.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HarryJudge1947, Oct 19, 2019.

1. I've suddenly lost my icons. Oh, the labels are still visible, but no pictures to go with.

As I said, no pictures.

After a short shutdown for a shower, and reboot half-an-hour later, I was greeted by a screen showing only labels.

:)

HarryJudge1947, Oct 19, 2019

2. No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 19, 2019
  3. JaneHood Win User
    Desktop icons have labels but no pic???

Have spent hours trying to resolve this issue but no luck.

The picture part of my desktop icons has disappeared. in a folder, file thumbnails show their name/label but no picture.

Have already tried the suggested 'canned' methods to repair. Useless.

JaneHood, Oct 19, 2019
  4. I've suddenly lost my icons. Oh, the labels are still visible, but no pictures to go with.

Windows 10 Labels Missing and icons Glitching!

I´ve already restored Windows, so now everything is Ok (for some days). But actually, on Command prompt NOTHING APPEARED, as in almost everywhere in WIndows (explorer was like in the picture sent at the first post) and there was no label on the desktop (only
    icons)...

MarceloValentim Silva, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

I've suddenly lost my icons. Oh, the labels are still visible, but no pictures to go with.

1. I've suddenly lost my icons. Oh, the labels are still visible, but no pictures to go with. - Similar Threads - I've suddenly lost

2. I've lost my screenshot icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've lost my screenshot icons: Here's a screenshot of my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-lost-my-screenshot-icons/680b0299-ded6-4afa-b6a5-85f835316c49
  3. I've lost my screenshot icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've lost my screenshot icons: Here's a screenshot of my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-lost-my-screenshot-icons/680b0299-ded6-4afa-b6a5-85f835316c49
  4. lost pictures of icons on my taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost pictures of icons on my taskbar: Hi, I'm user of Windows 10 and I accidentally deleted small pictures of my icons on taskbar. I don't know how to return them, so, can anybody help me? Thanks...
  5. Windows 10- My picture background is black; Program Icons visible.

Windows 10- My picture background is black; Program Icons visible.: How do I get my background picture to come back? What setting did I accidentally change? Madeline * Moved from MSN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-my-picture-background-is-black-program/4d549735-e8d4-4b08-8683-61a4d53d0f5c
  6. Icon labels

Icon labels: I want to set ALL icon labels (including desktop icon labels) to a larger size and bold. How is this done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-labels/c82b5ade-b36c-4c52-9fb6-7c23f9cf22ae
  7. Thumbnails not visible when viewing my picture files. Only and Icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails not visible when viewing my picture files. Only and Icon: I only see an Icon when browsing my pictures. If the screen refreshes, I momentarily see the photo but then they all return to a blue mountain Icon. I checked in "options" and made sure that the box in "view" stating "always show icons, never thumbnails" was not checked....
  8. Had a power outage and now I've lost my pictures and documents.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Had a power outage and now I've lost my pictures and documents.: After a power outage this AM I lost my bookmarks file, pictures and documents. Using Google search advice I managed to get my bookmarks file back but after reading numerous other similar posts here and on Google none of the suggestions has resulted in me being able to get my...
  9. The icons on desktop have disappeared but labels still there

in Windows 10 Support
    The icons on desktop have disappeared but labels still there: i had this issue before and I reset the computer and got it all back and when I turned on the computer this morning the icons were missing and just the names of them were there. and on the task bar there are icons there but not the ones that fit the names they are like a dll...
  10. Icons gone, labels still there

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons gone, labels still there: Today, I started up my computer and, for some reason, all of the icons for my applications, folders, and all other files were missing, but the names were still there. I also noticed that the icons for my applications in the taskbar were replaced with generic .exe icons....