Windows 10: I’ve to leave shift key first to capitalise letter in Hp envy x360

Discus and support I’ve to leave shift key first to capitalise letter in Hp envy x360 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I press Shift and a letter like A, the letter doesn't appear. It only appears when I leave shift first. Otherwise nothing appears. This is only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hassankhan605203, Jul 9, 2020.

1. I’ve to leave shift key first to capitalise letter in Hp envy x360

When I press Shift and a letter like A, the letter doesn't appear. It only appears when I leave shift first. Otherwise nothing appears.

This is only happening with some keys : QADFJKL:"XCVM<>?

I thought this was because the Chinese keyboard was installed, so I removed all the other keyboards except US English.

But that doesn't help. I have to remember to leave off the shift key first.

I guess this is because of some app or setting in Windows 10.

Can anyone help me please?

:)

hassankhan605203, Jul 9, 2020

2. Shift key does not capitalise certain letters

My shift key does not capitalise a lot of the letters on my keyboard. These are the letters zxcvmty if this is of any relevance. I believed it could be a sticky key problem but in ease of access they have been disabled along with toggle keys and filter keys.

Any advice on how to rectify this issue would be much appreciated. The issue is on a Lenovo Ideapad 720s.

conorflynn2, Jul 9, 2020
  3. hjalfi Win User
    Capitalisation of the first letter on text fields

Some text fields, not many, will automatically capitalise the first letter typed. It doesn't happen consistently enough for me to get into the habit of always looking at the icon and it's really annoying. What's more, if I *did* want a capital letter, and
    have held the shift key down, I get a lower case letter!

How do I turn this off?

hjalfi, Jul 9, 2020
  4. I’ve to leave shift key first to capitalise letter in Hp envy x360

Shift keys seem to be malfunctioning - I cannot capitalise certain letters or type any punctuation that requires the shift key.

Hello, it seems my keyboard isn't working properly. When I press the left shift key, I can only capitalise certain letters and others I cannot. This is the same for the right shift key, but the letters I can and cannot capitalise are different. Also,
    neither of the shift keys can type punctuation such as exclamation marks, question marks and brackets.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

HarryKelham, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

I’ve to leave shift key first to capitalise letter in Hp envy x360

1. I’ve to leave shift key first to capitalise letter in Hp envy x360 - Similar Threads - I’ve leave shift

2. BSOD on HP Envy x360

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on HP Envy x360: Hello everyone, I've been struggling about this for a while now. My laptop has constantly been plagued with BSOD crashes and I've tried almost everything and finally got to a point where using the driver verifier got me a dump file. I've tried everything else from updating...
  3. BSOD on HP Envy x360

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on HP Envy x360: Hello everyone, I've been struggling about this for a while now. My laptop has constantly been plagued with BSOD crashes and I've tried almost everything and finally got to a point where using the driver verifier got me a dump file. I've tried everything else from updating...
  4. shift to capitalise

in Windows 10 Customization
    shift to capitalise: first of all im sorry for the lack of capital letters and proper punctuation. I own dell inspiration 13,500 series with windows 10 and my laptop is only 2 years old, no damage or dropping incidents, just for study and research, no gaming either. recently my parents...
  5. Touchscreen HP ENVY x360

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchscreen HP ENVY x360: Hi. I have problems with the touch screen laptop HP ENVY X 360 M6-W105DX does not work the touch screen driver. Operating system Windows 10 Home, 64 bit. The BIOS has been updated to the latest version of F.37, the new Windows 10 Home 2004 has been loaded, all Windows Update...
  6. Clean Install HP Envy x360

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install HP Envy x360: I am wanting to do a clean install on my HP Envy. I downloaded the latest version of Windows and made an install disk on USB drive. Tried to run but multiple attempts it hund at "14% … checking for updates". Followed some suggestions and shut off various programs that...
  7. Disable touchpad on HP Envy x360

Disable touchpad on HP Envy x360: I never use the touchpad on my HP Envy x 360 because I just don't like it. I prefer the mouse. I had the touchpad disabled until I installed Windows 10. Now the touchpad has started working and I can't disable it. Can you help me?...
  8. HP Envy x360

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Envy x360: My desktop went down so I connected my monitor to the laptop, but every time I try to turn the screen around to the back the keyboard does not work. Any suggestions on how to keep keyboard from shutting down? I've already set it up to only show on the large monitor....
  9. troubeles in the laptop HP ENVY x360

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    troubeles in the laptop HP ENVY x360: now am facing a problem in the sound, it is not working well as I changed the screen and I sent the lap to china so I found troubles also some programs changed the language to Chinese and I don't understand so I need the configurations of the sound and how to change the...
  10. HP Envy x360 Touchscreen not working

HP Envy x360 Touchscreen not working: I just bought a new Hp envy laptop not even 3 days ago and I'm having problems with the touch screen. The touchscreen will continually switch from being responsive and unresponsive. I've tried almost everything online and it still is being like this....