Windows 10: I've turned on safe boot (network) and now I can't login.

Discus and support I've turned on safe boot (network) and now I can't login. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The Problem: As I've said in the title. I turned it on and then restarted my pc. After that I couldn't log in. I have a 4 digit pin and it didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LAB08, Mar 1, 2021.

1. /u/LAB08 Win User

I've turned on safe boot (network) and now I can't login.

The Problem:

As I've said in the title. I turned it on and then restarted my pc. After that I couldn't log in. I have a 4 digit pin and it didn't work. (and yes I did write in the correct password multiple times.) And now my PC doesn't even connect to wifi or to wired internet. I had a microsoft account too. I can login to it from another PC. I've already changed it's password but that didn't help.

What I've tried:

1. Using multiple passwords.
    2. Changing MS account password.
    3. Turning on "safe boot network".
    4. I even tried to delete the windows install but it once again asked for my password.
    5. I searched it up on google but couldn't find an answer.
    6. I tried everything on this site.

If you have any idea please share it below it would help a lot. Thanks!

submitted by /u/LAB08
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LAB08, Mar 1, 2021

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Josef Bri Win User

Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

1. I've turned on safe boot (network) and now I can't login. - Similar Threads - I've turned safe

2. I switched to Microsoft account now I can't login or go into safe mode NOTHING WORKS I've...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I switched to Microsoft account now I can't login or go into safe mode NOTHING WORKS I've...: I can't do anything after singing into Microsoft account now I own a very expensive paperweight... thank you Microsoft you owe me a new computer? Or can you fix this?...
  3. I switched to Microsoft account now I can't login or go into safe mode NOTHING WORKS I've...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I switched to Microsoft account now I can't login or go into safe mode NOTHING WORKS I've...: I can't do anything after singing into Microsoft account now I own a very expensive paperweight... thank you Microsoft you owe me a new computer? Or can you fix this?...
  4. I can't boot in to safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't boot in to safe mode: So I've had a really frustrating problem... I was doing a factory reset with my pc and something went wrong. "user profile service service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" so I was like alright time to boot in to safe mode but I literally cannot boot into safe...
  5. can't boot into safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't boot into safe mode with networking: can't boot into safe mode with networking https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-boot-into-safe-mode-with-networking/8176a27b-7df7-4d3f-8d3e-d32044f9e7c5
  6. i can't get login after enabling safe boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    i can't get login after enabling safe boot: i got used laptop about five months ago hp omen x,i forgot my password but i do remember my pin.i don't know why some times my laptop start making some bad sound and get freezes.i searched on internet for solution and i followed some steps. i get into tab ; run => msconfig =>...
  7. Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now...: Hello, i needed to boot my notebook ( windows 10) in safemode so i chanced my booting preferences in msconfig to safe boot. I did this procedure many many times in the past. Once restarted, my correct password was not recognised as correct and i am now locked out without...
  8. Can't login to desktop after booting into safe mode without networking

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to desktop after booting into safe mode without networking: Hello, I have a bit of problem and would appreciate help. I booted into safe mode without networking and now i can't login, I am stuck here, I already tried Shift and restart>Troubleshoot>Advanced options>Startup settings and then i press restart then f5/5 to enable safe...
  9. Stuck in Safe Mode with Networking. No Network Connection. Can't Login to Admin.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stuck in Safe Mode with Networking. No Network Connection. Can't Login to Admin.: Hi All, I'm stuck in safe mode with networking (restarts in safe mode with every restart) on my desktop and it won't accept my Microsoft password (which I know is correct because I can login online on another device). Although I booted with networking, I am not connected...
  10. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...: Good Evening, I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were...