Windows 10: Iwish to network two computers via ethernet each running on win 10.

Discus and support Iwish to network two computers via ethernet each running on win 10. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to create a network between my two computers. Each machine is connected via ethernet cable to my router. I can ping from my primary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PJWFLY, Oct 3, 2018.

1. PJWFLY Win User

Iwish to network two computers via ethernet each running on win 10.

I am trying to create a network between my two computers. Each machine is connected via ethernet cable to my router. I can ping from my primary computer and I get a positive response. But pinging from secondary to primary I do not have a connection. Its probably quite simple but I have been out of the Microsoft world for a few years and am struggling to re-educate myself on how to do these things.

Thank You.

:)

PJWFLY, Oct 3, 2018
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Iwish to network two computers via ethernet each running on win 10. install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Iwish to network two computers via ethernet each running on win 10. pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Iwish to network two computers via ethernet each running on win 10. select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Iwish to network two computers via ethernet each running on win 10. Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    ethernet

Hi,

To better assist you, kindly answer the following:

• Did you try to change the Ethernet and check if the network is connecting?
    • Is the Ethernet working in other computers?
    • Are there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Ralph Sta, Oct 3, 2018
  4. WalterW Win User

Ethernet network between 3 Windows 10 PCs problem

I performed your suggestions on my desktop (Win 10 Pro) and my laptop (Win 10 home) and left them running for about 30 minutes and I can now get a connection between the 3 PCs, I will perform your suggestions on my other PC (Win 10 Pro) and leave them all running for 30 minutes and hopefully that will connect .
    I will report after I have done it.

WalterW, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Iwish to network two computers via ethernet each running on win 10. - Similar Threads - Iwish network computers

2. Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet: Hi, I recently turned on my pc after coming back from university and found there was no internet when there had been even that morning. I have tried diagnosing the issue and get the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". To fix this I've tried resetting and...
  3. Windows 10 PCs not talking to each other via Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PCs not talking to each other via Ethernet: Hi, guys. I have asked this question previously, but a moderator mistakenly assumed I was a corporate. I am not - simply a home user, desperate for a solutionI have 2 Desktops & 2 Laptops, all for different tasks, connected via a Netgear 8-way switch.All the computers can...
  4. Windows 10 PCs not talking to each other via Ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PCs not talking to each other via Ethernet: Hi, guys. I have asked this question previously, but a moderator mistakenly assumed I was a corporate. I am not - simply a home user, desperate for a solutionI have 2 Desktops & 2 Laptops, all for different tasks, connected via a Netgear 8-way switch.All the computers can...
  5. Windows 10 PCs not talking to each other via Ethernet

6. Can't get two ethernet networked computers to communicate

Can't get two ethernet networked computers to communicate: I'm trying to set up a home network consisting of a desktop and a laptop, both connected to a wifi router via ethernet cables. I have the router's wifi shut OFF. The desktop shows the laptop under Network, but when I try to access it I get a message "Windows cannot access...
  7. Two computer on network can't see each other anymore

Two computer on network can't see each other anymore: Updated second of two computers on same network to Update 1903. Now both are running 1903. Neither computer can see each other when Network is clicked in Explorer. One does see Media device on other computer only. This happened when I ran 1903 update a couple days ago on...
  8. Network -- two computers connected via ethernet

Network -- two computers connected via ethernet: One office, HP, other office Dell. These two computers are connected via ethernet. As of this latest upgrade, the HP can access the Dell, but I (Dell) cannot access the HP. Under "Microsoft account, Your devices" both computers are shown. Drivers are updated. I have changed...
  9. Networked Computers Show with WiFi - Not with Dock via Ethernet

Networked Computers Show with WiFi - Not with Dock via Ethernet: Any tips as to why my networked devices show up when on WiFi but not when connected to ethernet via my Dell USB WD15 dock? I cannot figure it out no matter how hard I have looked. I'm sure there is something simple I'm overlooking. 91559
  10. Help with Network Sharing via Ethernet

Help with Network Sharing via Ethernet: Hi, I'm having problems with trying to share my Wi-Fi connection to another device via Ethernet. When I plug the cord in it says, "Unidentifiable network" and "no access type" If I run the troubleshooter, it says, "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"...