Windows 10: Jack Mic Properties - Listen to this device

Discus and support Jack Mic Properties - Listen to this device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I was trying out the feature "listen to this device" under the listen table for Jack Mic Properties. I noticed that if it is checked, people... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ThriceHis, Jun 25, 2020.

1. ThriceHis Win User

Jack Mic Properties - Listen to this device

Hi,

I was trying out the feature "listen to this device" under the listen table for Jack Mic Properties.

I noticed that if it is checked, people can't heard me during online skype meeting most of the time.

They will comment that my voice is breaking or can't hear me or too soft.

However, when I unchecked this. Everything works fine?

Any reason for this?

:)

ThriceHis, Jun 25, 2020

2. Combo headphone jack does not detect mic

Sorry. right click on speaker in systray, click on playback. The "Sound" window opens. Click on Speakers tab, likely already there, click on your headset, assuming its plugged in, click on properties. In general tab it shows jack.

I suggested through speakers as you said mic did not show up on Recording tab.

Caledon Ken, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Combo headphone jack does not detect mic

Welcome to the TenForums.

If you right the speaker in task bar and then select recording devices, does your headset mic appear on list?

If you click your headset mic once and then click properties can you set levels?

Caledon Ken, Jun 25, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

annoying mic monitor turtle beach px21

• Go to the Recording Tab.
    • Click on the microphone for your headset to select it.
    • Click on the properties button at the bottom.
    • Go to the Listen Tab.
    • Uncheck the box for "Listen to this device".

Jack Mic Properties - Listen to this device turnoffmic.png

newtekie1, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Jack Mic Properties - Listen to this device - Similar Threads - Jack Mic Properties

2. RealtekR Jack Mic not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RealtekR Jack Mic not working.: The RealtekR Jack Mic isn't able to recognize that I have earbuds with a microphone plugged in, I've tried using an audio jack splitter adapter, the one that splits both channels and it just keeps saying it isn't plugged in. It also seems the Jack mic, when searching for it's...
  3. Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly: My microphone jack went out on my GL73 laptop and Built-in mic; I have seen posts of this happening but I don't know if I should download the same SCM file as I've seen on threads...
  4. Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly: My microphone jack went out on my GL73 laptop and Built-in mic; I have seen posts of this happening but I don't know if I should download the same SCM file as I've seen on threads...
  5. "listen to this device"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "listen to this device": I've been using a soundboard for a couple of days along with VB Audio Cable to play silly sound clips through game chat while I'm streaming. Today the feature "listen to this device" won't work, as you have the Virtual audio cable "listen" to the output of whatever you want...
  6. Mic listen to this device stuck on.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic listen to this device stuck on.: For some reason, today windows decided to constantly have the listen to my own microphone stuck active whenever start a program that uses it or the windows sound control panel. Listen to this device is un-checked under the microphone properties yet i still hear myself....
  7. Mic input on phone/mic jack for Dell

Mic input on phone/mic jack for Dell: I cannot get two of audio sound recording device to work in Windows 10. The laptop inbuilt "Microphone Array" device does work along with another input from a HDMI capture card via USBc; but I want to use input through the mixer mic/output jack, and a USB connected headset....
  8. Mic Jack not Working

Mic Jack not Working: Hi Bought this mic on amazon recently Amazon.com: Neewer® Mini 3.5mm Flexible Microphone Mic for PC Laptop Skype (2X Microphones): Computers Accessories When i connect the Mic to the Jack on the motherboard or my CPU nothing happens Windows 10 does not detect and...
  9. 3.5mm Jack issues (mic)

3.5mm Jack issues (mic): I'm currently using a Logitech h151 headset that has only a single jack. Upon using it for the first few times, everything was fine. However, in the past two days, the mic has been cutting off and interference can be heard. I have to continuously readjust the jack and push it...
  10. audio/mic jack

audio/mic jack: i have a windows tablet with a dual headphones/microphone jack. i plug in a pair of earphones with a built in mic, the audio does come through the earphones but the mic is not used. the mic on the tablet is still being used. how can i get the mic on the earphones to work?...