Windows 10: Jacks not detecting headset

Discus and support Jacks not detecting headset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recentley did a complete reinstall of Windows 10 onto my computer, deleting everything else on the drives along with it. However now when I plug my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CoolioF, Jan 28, 2016.

1. CoolioF Win User

Jacks not detecting headset

I recentley did a complete reinstall of Windows 10 onto my computer, deleting everything else on the drives along with it. However now when I plug my headset into either the front or rear jacks Windows is not detecting anything. I have installed the newest Realtek HD Audio drivers but am I missing anything else? Or is it a more serious problem? Ty in advance.

:)

CoolioF, Jan 28, 2016

2. Computer Not Detecting My Headset Microphone

I have gotten a new computer recently, and i noticed that when i test my microphone it isn't receiving my voice. It does play audio in my headset but doesn't detect my microphone at all. I have tried using other jacks but it doesn't detect it either. Also
    the jack for the headset has the microphone and the audio combined into one, so i can't plug them into separate jacks. I have tried my other headset that have separated jacks for the audio and the microphone, and plugged them into the designated jacks, but
    it doesn't detect my voice from that headset either.

Fatgineer Program, Jan 28, 2016
  3. my computer is not detecting a mic, or any kind of sound output. There are no new devices in device manager, its not detecting it at all.

I heave spent the last 2 hours trying to get a new headset to work. my computer is not detecting a mic, or any kind of sound output.

There are no new devices in device manager, its not detecting it at all. It can be USB or plug into mic/headphone jacks, the headphone jack works with my phone. Although my computer, wont detect anything if I plug them into either speaker/headphone port.

Head set is :Nubwo No-3000

Windows 10

HP compaq dc7900

OP - Headset not detected, tried everything!

RusselWard, Jan 28, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

Open Settings and type Audio in "find a setting" box at top....this will give a selection of options to cure your problem.

dencal, Jan 28, 2016
  5. CoolioF Win User
    It gives the response that the device is not plugged in. However I am sure it is. Why would by computer not be detecting the jacks?
    Ty

EDIT: there is a constant low buzzing noise when the headset is plugged into my front jack

CoolioF, Jan 28, 2016
  6. dencal Win User
    Do note that there is a newly released driver January 22.....see info at top of this Drivers and Hardware Forum.
    Under Sticky Threads.

dencal, Jan 29, 2016
  7. Its a RealTek driver issue, almost guarantee it. I had same but also no speakers. Had the buzz too.

wreckwriter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Jacks not detecting headset - Similar Threads - Jacks detecting headset

2. Laptop isn't detecting headset mic if plugged in with 3.5mm jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop isn't detecting headset mic if plugged in with 3.5mm jack: I have a Razer Headset that came with a usb adapter but if I plug in the adapter in my usb hub it doesn't work, But I can get sound if I plug it in the 3.5mm port but it doesn't detect my mic and I don't have a extra usb A port in my laptop. Is there a way I can still use the...
  3. Laptop isn't detecting headset mic if plugged in with 3.5mm jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop isn't detecting headset mic if plugged in with 3.5mm jack: I have a Razer Headset that came with a usb adapter but if I plug in the adapter in my usb hub it doesn't work, But I can get sound if I plug it in the 3.5mm port but it doesn't detect my mic and I don't have a extra usb A port in my laptop. Is there a way I can still use the...
  4. Laptop isn't detecting headset mic if plugged in with 3.5mm jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headset Microphone not detected when plugged into onboard audio jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Microphone not detected when plugged into onboard audio jack: I recently did a completely fresh install of windows on my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55, and I noticed that Windows does not pick up my Logitech headset microphone when the headset is plugged directly into the on board audio jack. Looking through the device manager and in sound...
  6. Headset Microphone not detected when plugged into onboard audio jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Microphone not detected when plugged into onboard audio jack: I recently did a completely fresh install of windows on my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55, and I noticed that Windows does not pick up my Logitech headset microphone when the headset is plugged directly into the on board audio jack. Looking through the device manager and in sound...
  7. Headphone jack not detected.

Headphone jack not detected.: My PC froze, i restarted, and the audio port was no longer being detected. Formated, fresh install, still no headphone jack detection tested multiple headphones and headsets bluetooth works fine but i need wired connection.Tried to run the troubleshoot program but it needs to...
  8. 3.5 mm Headset Jacks Headset and Mic Jack not registering.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3.5 mm Headset Jacks Headset and Mic Jack not registering.: Hello everyone, I recently bought some new headphones for my gaming PC MSI gaming plus motherboard, and I've done literally everything to try and solve it, but nothing is working. I've updated my bios, I've gone into Device Properties, Device Manager, Sound testing,...
  9. 3.5mm jack detection

3.5mm jack detection: Hi there! I've been struggling with this issue for a while. While playing a quite demanding game, my computer froze and I had nothing left to do but to force shut down it. Ever since, there was this problem with my headphones jack. If I power on the laptop with nothing...
  10. Dell Inspiron 3670 - Back audio jacks do not detect headset

Dell Inspiron 3670 - Back audio jacks do not detect headset: I'm using a Run Mus K1-B headset Nothing happens when I connect the headset to the 3.5mm jack on the back panel. No audio is transmitted, and my PC does not seem to detect them. This is not a problem when I connect my external speakers, as they work normally, so it isn't a...