Windows 10: Jagged / blocked / pixelated font in Notepad Windows 11

Discus and support Jagged / blocked / pixelated font in Notepad Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have a strange problem.In every other application, ClearType works perfectly. Everything is smooth.But only in Notepad, only in this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidHwang, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Jagged / blocked / pixelated font in Notepad Windows 11

Hi,I have a strange problem.In every other application, ClearType works perfectly. Everything is smooth.But only in Notepad, only in this application... the font is always jagged. It's not font-specific—the symptom occurs in every single font that I've tried.ClearType is enabled in the settings. Once again, this does not happen in any other application. Only in Notepad.I've searched extensively for a solution to this issue, but everything points me to enable ClearType, which is already on.Any help would be appreciated. I love using this app, but now I have to resort to using other third-party

:)

DavidHwang, Jan 29, 2023
  2. Lily W. Win User

Comic Sans font appears jagged and ugly

A while back, the Comic Sans font began to appear jagged and ugly in Chrome and text editors such as Notepad. No other fonts appear to have any smoothing issues; only Comic Sans appeared to have visibly changed.

While the font looks ugly when used in Chrome and text editors, when I tried typing with Comic Sans in paint.net, it appeared perfectly fine—no jagged edges. It looked just like it did elsewhere before.

I screenshotted a comparison between Comic Sans in paint.net (how it should look) and Notepad (all ugly and jagged).

I'd heard Windows 10 had font issues, but I haven't found anything specifically on Comic Sans looking like this. Any idea how to make the font display properly?

Lily W., Jan 29, 2023
  3. Notepad Fonts

The font file is TTF. Yep, exactly. Malgun is already installed but it does not appear in the list of fonts.

majoymeows, Jan 29, 2023
  4. Jagged / blocked / pixelated font in Notepad Windows 11

Notepad font

I did a little more checking. Changing the font with the steps you described: Format>Font>select the font>OK - should change the font of any text already written without having to select any text. Notepad is just a plain text editor. Fint information is not embedded in the document. If you want to have control of fonts and have the information stick, use Notepad++ or Wordpad.

You originally mentioned creating a font, however. You can't create a font with Notepad.

Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] on OnDemand, Jan 29, 2023
Thema:

Jagged / blocked / pixelated font in Notepad Windows 11

1. Jagged / blocked / pixelated font in Notepad Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Jagged blocked pixelated

2. Jagged fonts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jagged fonts: I've had this annoyance with Windows for a long time. The problem has been with Windows 7,8,10, and 11. -It's one of the reasons In that past that I have used Ubuntu. But I realize that I may be unfair towards the Windows community. By default -The fonts sections are almost...
  3. Jagged fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jagged fonts: I've had this annoyance with Windows for a long time. The problem has been with Windows 7,8,10, and 11. -It's one of the reasons In that past that I have used Ubuntu. But I realize that I may be unfair towards the Windows community. By default -The fonts sections are almost...
  4. Jagged / blocked / pixelated font in Notepad Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jagged / blocked / pixelated font in Notepad Windows 11: Hi,I have a strange problem.In every other application, ClearType works perfectly. Everything is smooth.But only in Notepad, only in this application... the font is always jagged. It's not font-specific—the symptom occurs in every single font that I've tried.ClearType is...
  5. Notepad font

Notepad font: Windows 11 - Format is not available. I can click on edit, then font, and then create the font I want but nothing changes and there is no option to save. What am I missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-font/3df7137e-a06a-4f5e-9531-8510e558e6c7
  6. Font's look pixelated

Font's look pixelated: On every program the font looks weird. I have a Nvidia GPU if that has anything to do with it^ thats what it looks likes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts-look-pixelated/4c1f3dd4-2fdf-4b31-9b5c-9233a7f2ccf9
  7. Font's look pixelated

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font's look pixelated: On every program the font looks weird. I have a Nvidia GPU if that has anything to do with it^ thats what it looks likes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts-look-pixelated/4c1f3dd4-2fdf-4b31-9b5c-9233a7f2ccf9
  8. Font's look pixelated

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Jagged / incomplete fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Jagged / incomplete fonts: Hi,I've been recently working on some textures, and as they need to have an extremely low resolution, I used the font size 7.5.The blue 'Try' in the screenshot shows how it looks like.However, in the past month or so, there apparently was some update or something that broke...
  10. fonts all jagged and blocky

fonts all jagged and blocky: Web pages fonts all jagged and blocky, letters missing, boxes in place of a letter green boxes appear some programs appear ok, but open to text, then that appears. Facebook text is ok, but green box will appear on some images Ancestry text looks ok, but when I go to enter...