Windows 10: Jagged text in a new high res monitor

Discus and support Jagged text in a new high res monitor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello I really need help with this , it's driving me nuts and I can't find any solution to it. I've got my new PC yesterday , everything was fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mrfishiz, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Jagged text in a new high res monitor

Hello

I really need help with this , it's driving me nuts and I can't find any solution to it.

I've got my new PC yesterday , everything was fine except from the text, I've noticed that it's a lot more jagged and pixelated than on my old pc.

I've tried a lot of stuff

Messed with Cleartype

Tried scaling tools

Switched between my old monitors

Tried to switch from DP to HDMI

Tried buying a new DP cable

Switching to HDMI worked once , everything was nice and smooth but as soon as I've switched back to DP it became pixelated and jagged again, switching back to HDMI did not fix it again.

Everything looks fine on 1920x1080 resolution but as soon as I go to 2560x1440 then it becomes like this :

https://imgur.com/a/W9gzHnn

How can I fix this?

submitted by /u/mrfishiz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mrfishiz, Aug 10, 2020
  2. S_and_S Win User

The new ultra-thin jagged text in Windows 10

Are you familiar with ClearType? It's a 'font smoothing' technology that Microsoft introduced with Windows XP to overcome the problem of displaying text on digital (i.e., pixel-based) monitors, which causes text to look thin and have jagged edges.

To use it, open Cortana and search for cleartype.

S_and_S, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    one High res monitor and one low res monitor

Hello Bob,

To try and help you with the issue, please follow these steps below:

• Press Windows Key or click Start, and then type and click
      Display Settings.
    • Choose Display on the left side. On the right side panel, choose
      Advanced display settings.
    • The new window should show you number 1 and 2 which indicates that there are currently 2 monitors being detected by your computer. Choose the monitor which needs to have the resolution changed and change its resolution by clicking on the drop down option
      under Resolution. Please use the recommended resolutions. You can change it later to your desire.
    • Check the issue gets resolved.

Let us know the results

Ian Ser, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Zediiiii Win User

Jagged text in a new high res monitor

Windows 10 dual monitor - lower res monitor is blurry

If one monitor is running from a dedicated graphics card and another from the on-board graphics card, Windows treats the two monitors as a continuous desktop, but the different DPI settings have to be processed by the graphics controller the monitor is attached to. If this is the case for you, you might try applying the following steps to set a CUSTOM value of 100% rather than a "standard" value of 100% (don't ask me why this works, but it worked for me):

1. Set custom scaling to a value that isn't 100% (Windows won't let you set a custom value of 100% if you already have a "standard" value of 100% set).
    2. Click apply, then re-login later.
    3. Set the custom scaling back to 100% and click re-login later.
    4. Restart the computer.
    5. Don't mess with DPI settings afterwards.

If the issue is specific to certain programs, you can check "disable display scaling on high DPI settings" in the compatibility tab under properties for the affected programs.

If the issue is global (everything everywhere is blurry) I would play with different versions of the drivers for the graphics controller the HP is connected to. I would also strongly suggest calibrating your Cleartype settings after you've set the DPI settings.

Zediiiii, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Jagged text in a new high res monitor

1. Jagged text in a new high res monitor - Similar Threads - Jagged text high

2. I need help fixing Jagged text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help fixing Jagged text: For some reason, all the text on my computer is jagged even though i have anti aliasing on and i have been searching for a solution all day and have not found one, It is very annoying....
  3. I need help fixing Jagged text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help fixing Jagged text: For some reason, all the text on my computer is jagged even though i have anti aliasing on and i have been searching for a solution all day and have not found one, It is very annoying....
  4. Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor: I have two monitors set up. One is a 1K monitor and the other 4K. Even though my 4K one is set as the default monitor and plugged into the first port on my graphics card the computer uses to 1K one to show the boot screen on. That isnt much of a problem. The poblem is that...
  5. Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor: I have two monitors set up. One is a 1K monitor and the other 4K. Even though my 4K one is set as the default monitor and plugged into the first port on my graphics card the computer uses to 1K one to show the boot screen on. That isnt much of a problem. The poblem is that...
  6. Windows 10 second monitor Text jagged edges (Help Needed)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 second monitor Text jagged edges (Help Needed): Hey Guys, I am using a HP Stream 13 Notebook as the desktop rig aint working at the moment. Notebook is running Windows 10 ver 2004 and is hooked to upto external Dell FHD monitor. The problem is that the text displayed is not in Clear Text instead it looks like the old...
  7. Two monitors different res

Two monitors different res: Hello there, I have two monitors hooked up to my rig, one is 1080p, my secondary monitor, and the other one is 1440p as my main. Now when I move my mouse around, I can only access my secondary monitor in a confined space on the border of my main monitor, which makes sense, as...
  8. Built a PC 1080p - Text us jagged

Built a PC 1080p - Text us jagged: Hey all, just built a PC today. I have a Philips 246E9 (24 inch 1080p monitor) and an RX 5700 XT GPU. My Windows 10 text is really jagged. Cleartype didnt really make much difference and its running at native resolution. Any advice? All drivers are updated too. Feel like...
  9. Need Driver for new 1080 Res Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Driver for new 1080 Res Monitor: I have an old HP s5310f desktop and upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. My old Dell Monitor had a native res. of 1680 x 1050, that res. was supported in Windows 7 but the Windows 10 “Basic Display Adapter” does not support that res.. So, I just installed a new Lenovo T22...
  10. The new ultra-thin jagged text in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    The new ultra-thin jagged text in Windows 10: Hi everyone, I took both my laptops into a computer shop because the text changed to a very thin, spidery appearance. The techies said that there was nothing wrong. So I went to a retail computer shop. The salesman showed me the laptops. I told him about the thin text...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. left side of monitor text jagged