Windows 10: "Jammed" window on second screen

Discus and support "Jammed" window on second screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use Windows 10, latest version. Problem is with ACDSee, not with any other app. I opened ACDSee on my main screen, full size. I then opened Help and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sigurd, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Sigurd Win User

"Jammed" window on second screen

I use Windows 10, latest version. Problem is with ACDSee, not with any other app.

I opened ACDSee on my main screen, full size. I then opened Help and dragged it over to second screen so that I could have both the Help and the app visible at the same time. When I did this yesterday, no problem; both open full screen on their respective screens.

Today however, the Help screen opened on the second screen, but opened at reduced size and hard up to top right of screen. The problem is that it is so hard up to the top that the tool bar is not visible. I can't alter the size of the display (other than by dragging margins), not close it (no X visible) and worse of all, as I can't see the bar, I can't drag the screen anywhere. All it needs is to be dragged down a bit then I could see toolbar and controls. The only way I can close it is by closing the main app on the first screen.

Suggestions would be welcome.

:)

Sigurd, Dec 18, 2019

2. Project Second screen constantly appearing.

Hi Norga,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know some more information so that we can diagnose and troubleshoot the issue in a better way:

• what is the exact issue that you want us to help with? Do you want to get help in projecting a second screen or to remove the popup?
    • As you've said " I tried unsuccessfully to project a screen", do you wish to project a second screen currently?
    • What happened exactly when you tried to project a second screen? Did you receive any error message or any error code?
    The popup comes as the system might not be able to detect the monitors. I suggest you to update the Display drivers, it may force the system to detect the available monitors. Here is the steps:

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Locate the driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

Reply with the information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Returning Windows to Second Screen

Hello Kate,

Let's try to isolate the issue and see what is preventing you from using Windows to second screen. Kindly provide us the following information:

• When you turned on your computer, does it give you an extended display for both monitor screen and your laptop?
    • Is your monitor screen already connected to your laptop before turning it on?
    • What cable are you using to connect your second monitor to your laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Ariel Acu, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

1. "Jammed" window on second screen - Similar Threads - Jammed window second

2. JAMMED BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JAMMED BIOS: I was watching a video on YouTube when suddenly the whole PC froze and I could not use the task manager to unfrozen it so I turned it off using the power button. When I attempted to switch it on again a blue screen appeared which stated that my Windows 10 needed to be...
  3. JAMMED BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    JAMMED BIOS: I was watching a video on YouTube when suddenly the whole PC froze and I could not use the task manager to unfrozen it so I turned it off using the power button. When I attempted to switch it on again a blue screen appeared which stated that my Windows 10 needed to be...
  4. JAMMED BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Jammed!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jammed!: All of my network connections refuse to function properly, Including drivers. Aka, No network drivers, And the only one which is the network controller is down? Bluetooth is gone too, and ive tried recovering from a different PC. ****???...
  6. Jammed!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jammed!: All of my network connections refuse to function properly, Including drivers. Aka, No network drivers, And the only one which is the network controller is down? Bluetooth is gone too, and ive tried recovering from a different PC. ****???...
  7. download jammed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    download jammed: I have no idea on how to fix it. But I am trying to figure out how to download Google chrome. It keeps saying denied. How do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-jammed/966544d7-01ee-4ccf-aaba-c8d693991fb4
  8. Windows 10 jammed laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 jammed laptop: I have jammed my laptop and it will not re-start. When hitting start, I get this same message in a box, 'sign-in process initialization failure' top left, then with a circled red X, 'interactive sign-in process initialization process has failed' then lower right corner a...
  9. CARRIAGE JAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CARRIAGE JAM: Cartridge holders jammed under cover and can't release them. Watched little carriage jam video but has no effect. Can't call up any options on printer control screen. Any ideas? Any ideas?...
  10. desktop traffic jam

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop traffic jam: I have somehow managed to create a few extra shortcuts..600 of them..by attempting to send my camera's contents to a folder on my C drive. I have no idea how to undo this. Can someone please help? Thank you. 104353