Windows 10: Jan 2019 update black screen

Discus and support Jan 2019 update black screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Aftrt the update installed my lap top is useless. Ive s blavk screen and no curser. How can i fix it when i cant get to or type in any commands... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jen396, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Jen396 Win User

Jan 2019 update black screen

Aftrt the update installed my lap top is useless. Ive s blavk screen and no curser. How can i fix it when i cant get to or type in any commands

:)

Jen396, Jan 19, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Jan 2019 update black screen

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Jan 2019 update black screen

1. Jan 2019 update black screen - Similar Threads - Jan 2019 update

2. Black screen on Dell Inspiron after Windows updates on Jan 11 2024.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen on Dell Inspiron after Windows updates on Jan 11 2024.: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop, 9 yrs old. It works fine. Since Windows updates 2 days ago Jan 11, 2024 the computer will not boot up. Power switch lights up, then a black screen with the Dell logo in the center, and nothing else. Neither keyboard nor mouse will respond. I...
  3. Black screen on Dell Inspiron after Windows updates on Jan 11 2024.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen on Dell Inspiron after Windows updates on Jan 11 2024.: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop, 9 yrs old. It works fine. Since Windows updates 2 days ago Jan 11, 2024 the computer will not boot up. Power switch lights up, then a black screen with the Dell logo in the center, and nothing else. Neither keyboard nor mouse will respond. I...
  4. INTERNET SWITCHING OFF 2019 Nov to Dec to Jan update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    INTERNET SWITCHING OFF 2019 Nov to Dec to Jan update: We were expecting a fix for the September bug that switches off internet and in October a minor solution was in the update though not perfect. In November Microsoft update uploads the same bug that switches off internet in Intel based PC's and Laptops. It then uploads a...
  5. videos stopped working in windows jan 2019 update - screen is black or unwatchable , audio...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    videos stopped working in windows jan 2019 update - screen is black or unwatchable , audio...: I have windows 10 - update feb 10. Videos stopped working properly - audio is ok , but no picture, or screen is black or in distorted. it started recently , after one of the last updates....
  6. System reset after failed Windows Update Jan 2019

System reset after failed Windows Update Jan 2019: My PC attempted to install an update about a week ago, but got stuck halfway through and gave me a black screen. After letting it sit overnight, I manually powered down and restarted it. Subsequent startups got to login screen, enter pw, then setup.exe unexpected hard...
  7. Windows 10 Jan 2019 Updates

Windows 10 Jan 2019 Updates: Hi All, After Jan 2019 Patch installation on my windows 10 machines, looks like network drivers lost both wired and wireless. Strange is I didn't had local account created in that machine we were using azure Directory account, and all local accounts are disable, please any...
  8. HP Jan 2019 update now a blue screen of death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Jan 2019 update now a blue screen of death: The new update processed on my HP pavilion laptop. I now have the blue screen of death with Service Exception Error. It will not run in an advanced safe mode, it will not process recovery, and it will not revert to previous versions. A system check that was able to get...
  9. No On Screen Keyboard In Tablet Mode after Jan 2019 update

No On Screen Keyboard In Tablet Mode after Jan 2019 update: I have a lenovo ideapad 2 in 1 14, up until the most recent update my on screen keyboard was working just fine and my pen was working also. Now when I switch to tablet mode the button on the tool bar is there but when i touch it nothing happens. I need to be able to use my...
  10. USB Devices not recognized after Jan 2019 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Devices not recognized after Jan 2019 update: I was trying to transfer photos from my LG TracFone to the HP Pavilion laptop and switching between 2 USB ports does not get the device recognized. It has worked previously. Apparently it is calling the phone a USB Charge Only Interface, but that doesn't register on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update black screen 2019

2. did the recent windows update and the screen is black 2019

3. january 2019 windows update blue screen of death

4. jan2019 windows update black screen,
  5. jan 2019 windows update bluescreen,
  6. windows update blue screen 25 jan 2019,
  7. microsoft gp black screen after login 2019