Windows 10: Jan 2019 update KB 4480976 listed in History as failed 2x but installed in Control Panel

Discus and support Jan 2019 update KB 4480976 listed in History as failed 2x but installed in Control Panel in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have been having a problem with the latest Update KB4480976 ( Having finally managed to successfully install KB4023057). It appears to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Albatross1, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Jan 2019 update KB 4480976 listed in History as failed 2x but installed in Control Panel

Hi,

I have been having a problem with the latest Update KB4480976 ( Having finally managed to successfully install KB4023057).

It appears to install but is then listed as failed in Update History, twice so far, however it is listed in the Control panel as installed.

I am not sure where this leaves me, is it installed or not ? A manual check for Updates comes up with the information that I am indeed up to date. Confusing.

Can anyone please enlighten me.

I am using Windows 10 Home 64Bit x64

Version: 1803

Build: 17134.523

:)

Albatross1, Jan 19, 2019

2. windows 10 control panel

Great help.......thanks.....I wonder why Microsoft did not installed it automatically....

MannyMarinPR, Jan 19, 2019
  3. windows 10 control panel

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to access the control panel in Windows 10?

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps to open the Control Panel in the system.

Step 1: Opening Control Panel in Windows 10.

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows and R keys (Windows + R).

• In the Run dialog box, type
      Control
      and then press Enter key to open the classic Control Panel.
    Step 2: Access Control Panel in Windows 10 from desktop.

• Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop) and then click Control Panel to open the same.
    Step 3: Launch Control Panel using search.

• Open Start menu or screen.

• In the search box, enter Control Panel and then press Enter key to open the same.
    Note: You can quickly access the search with the help of Windows + C hotkey.

Step 4: Create Control Panel shortcut on desktop.

• Right-click on desktop, click New, and then click Shortcut.
    • In Type the location of the item box, type the following path.
    explorer shell:ControlPanelFolder

• Click Next button.
    • In the Type a name for this shortcut box, type Control Panel, and click Finish button. You can now double-click on the Control Panel icon on the desktop to quickly launch the same.
    Step 5: Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar.

• In the Start search box, type Control Panel.

• When you see search results, right-click on Control Panel entry and then click Pin to Start to pin it to the Start menu or screen.
    Note: Clicking Pin to taskbar will pin the Control Panel to taskbar.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Jan 2019 update KB 4480976 listed in History as failed 2x but installed in Control Panel

windows 10 control panel

Step 2 does not work at all. Anything from File Explorer and above does not launch at all.

DeviantWolf, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Jan 2019 update KB 4480976 listed in History as failed 2x but installed in Control Panel

1. Jan 2019 update KB 4480976 listed in History as failed 2x but installed in Control Panel - Similar Threads - Jan 2019 update

2. Uninstall An Update That Is Not Listed In The "Installed Updates" In Control Panel //...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall An Update That Is Not Listed In The "Installed Updates" In Control Panel //...: Uninstall An Update That Is Not Listed In The "Installed Updates" In Control Panel // Window 11 HomeWhen I click to view install updates --> Setting / Windows Update --> not show list...
  3. Uninstall An Update That Is Not Listed In The "Installed Updates" In Control Panel //...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall An Update That Is Not Listed In The "Installed Updates" In Control Panel //...: Uninstall An Update That Is Not Listed In The "Installed Updates" In Control Panel // Window 11 HomeWhen I click to view install updates --> Setting / Windows Update --> not show list...
  4. KB 4023057 and KB 4480730 Updates Showing in Control Panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB 4023057 and KB 4480730 Updates Showing in Control Panel: I have Update for Windows 10 KB 4023057installed in 2019 and no update available till now and KB 4480730 installed in 2019 and no update available till now and Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable updated in 2020, right now i am using Windows 10, 2004. my question is that do...
  5. Program running that is not listed on the control panel

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Program running that is not listed on the control panel: I have a program running"Shaquille.exe and need to uninstall it, how can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-running-that-is-not-listed-on-the-control/dcaab1d0-98ba-45a5-9c68-f0850c42e727
  6. Control Panel is showing an incomplete list of Installed Applications

Control Panel is showing an incomplete list of Installed Applications: This is all that's showing when I open Programs and Features. I wanted to uninstall Skype for Business and a bunch of other buggy programs that are slowing down my boot time. [ATTACH]...
  7. updates that are installed only show KB number in the update history

updates that are installed only show KB number in the update history: hi Microsoft, When I went to the update catalog to download and install updates ending with the .msu, then I went to the Windows update history under settings to find out that the updates installed only show the KB numbers. Is there a way or possible to show not only the KB...
  8. System reset after failed Windows Update Jan 2019

System reset after failed Windows Update Jan 2019: My PC attempted to install an update about a week ago, but got stuck halfway through and gave me a black screen. After letting it sit overnight, I manually powered down and restarted it. Subsequent startups got to login screen, enter pw, then setup.exe unexpected hard...
  9. Latest Windows update KB 4480976 fails to install error 0800f0922

Latest Windows update KB 4480976 fails to install error 0800f0922: Hi, The latest Windows update KB 4480976 is listed as failed to install (error 0800f0922). I say listed in history as I also have the known problem with KB 4023057 being listed as failing to install. This update was supposedly successfully installed on 17-11-2018, It is...
  10. Control Panel List

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel List: Why doesn't control panel display the long list of items alphabetically? Its tiresome always searching thru it to find an item. Did I not see somewhere a picture showing it in alphabetical order, and if so, how do you do it? 74553

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cumaltive update installed listed twice in history

2. Information sur KB 4480976

3. KB 4023057 installed January 2019 in Control Panel install or uninstall program

4. win 10 KB 4480976