Windows 10: Jan 21st, 2021 Major issues with latest updates - Renders Computers Unusable

Discus and support Jan 21st, 2021 Major issues with latest updates - Renders Computers Unusable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can guarantee this is a major issue this time. I have two HP laptops less than a year old - both got into the blue screen error Kernal Security Check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BassmikeC, Jan 21, 2021.

1. BassmikeC Win User

Jan 21st, 2021 Major issues with latest updates - Renders Computers Unusable

I can guarantee this is a major issue this time. I have two HP laptops less than a year old - both got into the blue screen error Kernal Security Check in last 48 hrs. Tried all kinds of fixes - nothing worked the error kept coming back. The only solution on both machines was a reinstall of WIN 10. I did this nervously as I then had to reload Office 365, Norton 360 and several other programs. There will be thousands of people that can't fix this on their own!!!!
    The MS people need to fire a few techs and provide a simple fix to the user!!
    Not good.
    I have switched off updates on the other studio computers.

:)

BassmikeC, Jan 21, 2021
  2. hr0201 Win User

"audio renderer error. please restart your computer" error youtube

And another thing to try:
    Update your audio drivers (strange that this would be necessary as there hadn't been any changes for me; but it usually is a good idea to have the latest drivers anyway).
    Note: We did have a PC whose audio stopped working and a BIOS update solved it. This definitely wasn't the root of the problem for that computer because it was working like normal before and there were no apparent changes (and the user didn't have administrative access). I'd recommend this as a last step. I've never had a problem with a BIOS update but prefer to do it only if there is a useful fix (and of course better to back up before).

Here's another solution that someone posted:
    Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.
    I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked
    note: make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled
    < I don't know if this is necessary but that's what the poster suggested. - >

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    << I would think just updating the driver would probably work, but if not (for instance if it's up-to-date) then you could try the following steps as well. - >>
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

hr0201, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Windows Update on 4/28/2017 rendered computer unusable.

Hi,

It is possible that the
    drivers
    you have are
    outdated
    for the new
    updates. We suggest that you
    perform these methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any changes:

Method 1: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 2:
    Run SFC Scan.  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 3: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

Method 4: Reset Update Components.

Kindly refer to
    How do I reset Windows Update components.

Update us how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Jan 21st, 2021 Major issues with latest updates - Renders Computers Unusable

Windows 10 recurring issues - playing flash videos in browsers-Shockwave Flash plugin

Hi,

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

1. Did this happen only with Internet Explorer?

2. Did you cross checked with some other browsers?

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

Method 1

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Use Software Rendering option for Accelerated graphics.

• Launch Internet Explorer,

• Press ALT+T, then select
      Internet option
      from the dropdown menu.

• Go to Advanced tab, then check
      Use Software rendering instead of GPU rendering*
      option under Accelerated graphics.

• Click Apply and then Ok.

Method 2

I also suggest you to check and install the latest windows updates .

To install the latest updates please follow the steps below;

• Type settings in the search bar.

• Select update and security.

• Click on windows update.

• Click on check for update.
    If updates are available, it will be automatically installed.

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Jan 21st, 2021 Major issues with latest updates - Renders Computers Unusable

1. Jan 21st, 2021 Major issues with latest updates - Renders Computers Unusable - Similar Threads - Jan 21st 2021

2. Recent update rendered my pc unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent update rendered my pc unusable: Pc was working fine last night until I restarted to install a new update. Update failed and pc rolled back to the prior version. Since then, on startup I'm either greeted by a black screen that I can move the cursor around in, but do nothing else, or after I've entered my...
  3. Recent update rendered my pc unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent update rendered my pc unusable: Pc was working fine last night until I restarted to install a new update. Update failed and pc rolled back to the prior version. Since then, on startup I'm either greeted by a black screen that I can move the cursor around in, but do nothing else, or after I've entered my...
  4. Recent update rendered my pc unusable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Jan 26, 2021 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Jan 26, 2021 updates: PC tower boots up at a crawl after Jan 26, 2021 updates were installed. KB4598481, KB4598242, KB4562830 Why? Can I uninstall one of these updates and solve my problem. Not kidding when I say it takes 5 minutes to boot up....
  6. Latest update Jan 13 2021 corrupted my fonts.

Latest update Jan 13 2021 corrupted my fonts.: The latest update, install 1/13/21 has corrupted my fonts. I've tried to search the Community for solutions but I can't use the services.msc or regedit or control panel because I can't read any of the information displayed. All Settings and browsers seem to display...
  7. Latest Windows 10 update has rendered my laptop unusable

Latest Windows 10 update has rendered my laptop unusable: As of the update I installed on my laptop last night, ALL of my drivers have been rendered broken, meaning I have no audio, internet, or anything of the like. I cannot even open windows update without it closing itself. Nothing works anymore, and I am incredibly annoyed by...
  8. Having a Major issue that makes my PC unusable!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having a Major issue that makes my PC unusable!: I continually get the same error when trying to open certain programs. Usually it says: ___.exe - Bad image eg Origin.exe - Bad image Then underneath says: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP140.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the...
  9. 2004 Update Renders PC unusable

2004 Update Renders PC unusable: Updated to Windows 10 version 2004 last night and now the PC is nearly unusable. It took more than 14 hours. When I'm able to run the Task Manager, I see that only 5% of CPU, 32% of RAM, and 2% of Disk SSD is being used. I have over 380 GB of disk space, so none of those...
  10. Windows firewall rendering computers unusable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows firewall rendering computers unusable: I have four or five computers, different brands, all of which are running Windows 10 Pro, either 1803 or 1809. Windows Firewall is rendering these computers completely unusable when on WiFi. Some are desktops, some are laptops. When connected to -any- WiFi connection,...