Windows 10: January Update caused identical problems on 2 different Laptops

Discus and support January Update caused identical problems on 2 different Laptops in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is not the first dirty update procedure i have experienced with windows 10 Yesterday MS forced down the January Cumulative Upgrade (and build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sabrehawk, Jan 14, 2016.

1. sabrehawk Win User

January Update caused identical problems on 2 different Laptops

This is not the first dirty update procedure i have experienced with windows 10

Yesterday MS forced down the January Cumulative Upgrade (and build number advance) down the users
    throats.

Heres what happened to me.. (and i have rarely ever seen something like this before )

While i was installing a game using UPLAY (ubisoft) and watching video in Chrome my brandnew Windows 10 Laptop
    (installation age 3 days) become more and more responsive with sound starting to stutter, severe issues that intensified
    over a short period of time and i was like "WTF?!?" What happened was that during my tasks windows had decided to
    update my rig (of course it doesnt warn you or give you the option to reschedule ) and this update was so severely
    dirty implemented that my 16 gb of memory was completely consumed and not released .
    I had to reboot of course and after that everything returned to business as usual.
    Well, i thought, rare coincidence probably because i was installing a game, watching HD Video at the same time etc and
    installing an update.

Boy was i wrong ..today i turned on my older Laptop for the first time in days and it resumed from sleep and just a couple of seconds later after the background update had run..(indicated by the messages i received after booting it after the error ).
    Code: STOP 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED – FWPKCLNT.SYS [/quote] Bam....wtf .. i never had this one before either.

MS is really becoming more and more sloppy after they layed of their Quality Control staff they are not able
    to release large updates that come without issues.

The Nov and Dec Updates was the same story btw. Plethora of Problems.

I refuse to take the blame here my systems couldnt be cleaner , they have no driver issues , they run stable 100% in all operation including heavy duty encoding, gaming etc.

:)

sabrehawk, Jan 14, 2016

2. 2 different BSODs on 2 new Windows 10 laptops within a few days

The is no user specific info in DMP files just machine specific.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 14, 2016
  3. 2 different BSODs on 2 new Windows 10 laptops within a few days

Where are you getting stuck?

Did you find the DMP files?

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 14, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I can appreciate your frustration- MS does not necessarily configure things as we might want, expect or need.
    Just a simple one first: do you have this in Settings, Update?

January Update caused identical problems on 2 different Laptops [​IMG]

Secondly, do you use disk imaging, and if so can you restore an image created before the above?
    (Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper - free- + their boot disk and external backup medium- essential tools to preserve your system and your sanity).

Agreed, problems with the Nov TH2 upgrade (10586) with system restore turned off, associations reset to default... but for me relatively minor, except there was no warning of how long it would take.

dalchina, Jan 14, 2016
  5. pyramid10 Win User
    One way to control WHEN Windows Update(s) occurs is by setting it to 'manual' in Services. Only when I click "Check for updates" does this service kick in. After reboot, the service is sidelined again. Of course, staying in touch as to when Updates are available is important for this option. Normally, Patch Tuesday (second Tuesday of every month) is when new Updates are offered. Windows 10 hasn't strayed from this schedule. Occasionally and rarely, critical Updates are offered at other times. That's when staying in touch is so important.

pyramid10, Jan 15, 2016
  6. Do you mean Disable in Services ?
    Mine is set to Manual which I believe is the default setting and it is a (Trigger Start) this trigger start is done by Windows not me so updates are checked for and downloaded but a Restart is scheduled

The various methods to disable or enable Windows Automatic Updates are explained @
    Windows Update Automatic Updates - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

FrillyBits, Jan 15, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    That bug has been around for a while. Bad video driver is the main reason why that error keeps popping up. The other is Visual Studio that can cause it.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. January Update caused identical problems on 2 different Laptops - Similar Threads - January Update caused

2. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: this is the same question as:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-identical-monitors-displaying-different/db9c9d8d-d5e6-4640-9e3b-0c82ad98077aUnfortunately that thread is locked so I have no choice but to ask that question again, so that I could post a...
  3. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: this is the same question as:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-identical-monitors-displaying-different/db9c9d8d-d5e6-4640-9e3b-0c82ad98077aUnfortunately that thread is locked so I have no choice but to ask that question again, so that I could post a...
  4. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: I have connected 2UHD monitors using USB-C port docking station.My second connected display/monitor is coming with less resolutions in this case, 2nd monitor is displaying with HD1080p even though monitor is supported with UHD1440p....
  5. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: I have connected 2UHD monitors using USB-C port docking station.My second connected display/monitor is coming with less resolutions in this case, 2nd monitor is displaying with HD1080p even though monitor is supported with UHD1440p....
  6. 2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions: I have 2 insignia monitors, both the same model that are displaying different resolutions 1360x768 and 1366x768this question has been asked previously but the thread is now closed and none of the solutions can solve my problem. Any help? Thanks.Old Thread:...
  7. 2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions

2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions: I have 2 insignia monitors, both the same model that are displaying different resolutions 1360x768 and 1366x768this question has been asked previously but the thread is now closed and none of the solutions can solve my problem. Any help? Thanks.Old Thread:...
  8. Problem updating 2 laptops

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem updating 2 laptops: I have two older laptops that I have been trying to update to Windows V2004 or 20H2. I had no problems updating my ASUS laptop or desktops to 2004 and 20H2. The HP Model 15-bwO32AU when I try to update gets to a boot operation and it comes back after I have to restart the...
  9. Problem updating 2 laptops

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem updating 2 laptops: I have two older laptops that I have been trying to update to Windows V2004 or 20H2. I had no problems updating my ASUS laptop or desktops to 2004 and 20H2. The HP Model 15-bwO32AU when I try to update gets to a boot operation and it comes back after I have to restart the...
  10. 2 identical Files installed and 2 differents content....

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 identical Files installed and 2 differents content....: First of all, I am french so, sorry for mistakes, I just bought i new laptop with windows 10 and I had a problem with my different windows users .So I just finished erasing everything and now its a new one! So here is my problem. It seems that i dont see all files when i...