Windows 10: Japanese Character in Zip/RAR/7zip/etc. display as garbled, can we get a fix?

Discus and support Japanese Character in Zip/RAR/7zip/etc. display as garbled, can we get a fix? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I already read this discussion, which is locked, and have the same issue:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IanC_coldreactive, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Japanese Character in Zip/RAR/7zip/etc. display as garbled, can we get a fix?

I already read this discussion, which is locked, and have the same issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-characters-in-ziprar7z-etc-files-appear/504e5bd7-2349-4041-9023-5ec66000ceaa?auth=1

Changing system locale is not an option. I already have Japanese languages installed. I can use bandizip's code page system, but sometimes some files won't extract properly even with that. I know there used to be a hotfix for Windows 7 for this issue, but there doesn't seem to be one for Windows 10.

:)

IanC_coldreactive, Jan 15, 2021

2. Japanese Characters in .ZIP/RAR/7Z etc files appear garbles, extract garbled

Hello. I am having trouble with file names in Japanese especially those in zip files or rar files.

I download and use a lot of Japanese programs and software as I do a lot of translation work. However, the programs and files from some Japanese sources appear as garbled text which makes programs and games not function correctly after unzipping.

Now, my locale is set to Japanese. In fact, everything is set to Japanese with the exception of the display language for system messages etc which windows won't let me change for.... reasons.

I used to get around this problem with an app called Locale Emulator, however, for some reason that progam has ceased to function on 7Zip and I can no longer get around this issue. I am looking for an official solution if possible.

WesleyBridges, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Japanese Characters in .ZIP/RAR/7Z etc files appear garbles, extract garbled

Which program are you using to open .ZIP/RAR/7Z? Is it 7zip?

Vijay_Verma, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Japanese Character in Zip/RAR/7zip/etc. display as garbled, can we get a fix?

Japanese Characters in .ZIP/RAR/7Z etc files appear garbles, extract garbled

It's the same with any zip program be it WinRAR, 7Zip, etc.

Update: I've even changed my local computer language to Japanese and it *STILL* cannot apparently fix this problem =/

WesleyBridges, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Japanese Character in Zip/RAR/7zip/etc. display as garbled, can we get a fix?

1. Japanese Character in Zip/RAR/7zip/etc. display as garbled, can we get a fix? - Similar Threads - Japanese Character Zip

2. Japanese characters in .txt files are hidden and not displayed.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Japanese characters in .txt files are hidden and not displayed.: Windows Notepad does not display Japanese characters. They are simply hidden.The .txt files in OneDrive are correctly displayed on other computers. This problem does not occur for other files and applications such as File Explorer, .odt files, and email messages. Further,...
  3. Japanese characters in .txt files are hidden and not displayed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese characters in .txt files are hidden and not displayed.: Windows Notepad does not display Japanese characters. They are simply hidden.The .txt files in OneDrive are correctly displayed on other computers. This problem does not occur for other files and applications such as File Explorer, .odt files, and email messages. Further,...
  4. Change 7zip .zip .rar .7z icons.

Change 7zip .zip .rar .7z icons.: At the moment of writing this, I have just reinstalled windows because my old windows installation was quite old and bloated with useless apps. I was installing the apps that I wanted, and then it became time to download 7zip, I download it as normal, run it and restart....
  5. Change 7zip .zip .rar .7z icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change 7zip .zip .rar .7z icons.: At the moment of writing this, I have just reinstalled windows because my old windows installation was quite old and bloated with useless apps. I was installing the apps that I wanted, and then it became time to download 7zip, I download it as normal, run it and restart....
  6. Change 7zip .zip .rar .7z icons.

7. Japanese characters display problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese characters display problem: My keyboard failed to display correct Japanese characters i.e. hiragana & katakana. The characters of that correspond to English "a, i, u, e, o" now become. I tried reboot the machine and reinstall the Japanese IME pack a few times, but the problem persists. Would you...
  8. Japanese Characters in .ZIP/RAR/7Z etc files appear garbles, extract garbled

Japanese Characters in .ZIP/RAR/7Z etc files appear garbles, extract garbled: Hello. I am having trouble with file names in Japanese especially those in zip files or rar files. I download and use a lot of Japanese programs and software as I do a lot of translation work. However, the programs and files from some Japanese sources appear as garbled text...
  9. Recommendation for a file archive, ZIP, RAR etc program please?

Recommendation for a file archive, ZIP, RAR etc program please?: Hi All, Anyone please recommend a file compressor software please, other than the one that's built in to Windows 10? Thanks! 63809
  10. How to use 7zip to open RAR files

How to use 7zip to open RAR files: On this computer there is a 7zip program to open zip files. In its current default configuration it is not able to open RAR files. When attempting to open RAR files the screen will only flash. Switching browsers had no change in result. Win zip was downloaded but it has a...