Windows 10: Japanese IME can't convert Kana I dont see the IME icon

Discus and support Japanese IME can't convert Kana I dont see the IME icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. Please help me, I can't get the Japanese IME to work. It doesn't display the little Icon "A" or "Ain hiragana" for me to switch between romaji... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Coda_, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Coda_ Win User

Japanese IME can't convert Kana I dont see the IME icon

Hello.

Please help me, I can't get the Japanese IME to work. It doesn't display the little Icon "A" or "Ain hiragana" for me to switch between romaji and kana. It just types qwerty.

I've already tried everything:

-copy IME DIC files from another computer where it works

- Repair and reinstall dictionaries

- Reboot my computer multiple times

- Try to toggle and untoggle every possible option in language and region WHY ARE THESE OPTIONS SO SIMILAR yet they are in different places ughhh

-Installing Google IME I installed it and I could select either google jp ime nor microsoft jp ime

Two strange things that happened to me though:

Once the IME icon was displayed "IME is disabled" but I don't know how and why and I can't get it back

When I was typing in a software it started typing Japanese with the IME suggetions although I was on French keyboard. + Sometimes I'm on french keyboard it show FR But it starts typing in qwerty the japanese keyboard

Japanese and French are the only two keyboards I installed.

Thanks for your help

:)

Coda_, Apr 28, 2020

2. Japanese IME Keyboard not typing in kana but just English

Hello,

I installed the Japanese IME keyboard a year ago, and it was working fine. I would type in the romanji and then the corresponding kana character would appear on screen. I could switch from English to kana at any time via the little
    keyboard icon at the on the taskbar that looked like this "あ"
    when it was on kana mode and "A" when it was on English mode. However, now when I switch try to switch to the Japanese keyboard it doesn't even show the kana icon "あ" just the English one.
    I've tried re-installing and restarting my computer, but it does nothing. I eve tried going into advanced settings to play around with it, but nothing. I don't want to mess up my other computer settings, so I stopped trying to fix it myself.

I need help because I need this function for my studies.

DianaGrant1, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Japanese IME not converting properly.

Hello.

Japanese IME was installed last week and it worked fine. This week, it was disable for some reason. Removed and re-installed. However, it is not converting correctly.

Here is me typing out the vowels: ち に な い ら  (A, I, U, E, O) Those are not the correct kana for each vowel. But that's what is coming up.

What is going on? Please help me fix.

Thank you.

Pua

PuaNgiraingas, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Japanese IME can't convert Kana I dont see the IME icon

Japanese IME problem

On my Windows 10 1803 machine, I have installed Japanese IME but it allows only 'Half-width Alphanumeric'. I cannot for instance switch to 'Hiragana' ; right clicking the 'A' icon in system tray and clicking 'Hiragana' at the top of the list does change
    the icon to the hiragana icon -- whatever I type remain alphanumeric. According to a few articles I have found on the internet, earlier versions of Windows 10 did not have this problem and this is a problem unique to 1803. Windows update 1803 with japanese keyboar - Windows Central Forums
    says that turning OFF the 'Use kana input' switch under 'Hardware keyboard' in the 'Options' for 'Microsoft IME' under the 'Keyboard' will solve the problem. But on my computer the switch has been off all along. Fix Japanese IME after April 2018 update
    advises to copy the files in C:\Windows\IME\IMEJP\DICTS from a pre-1803 machine to the same location on the affected 1803 machine and reboot. But I have not access to a pre-1803 machine with Japanese IME. Please help.

YasuTakano, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Japanese IME can't convert Kana I dont see the IME icon

1. Japanese IME can't convert Kana I dont see the IME icon - Similar Threads - Japanese IME can't

2. How to stop auto-converting kana to kanji in IME Japanese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop auto-converting kana to kanji in IME Japanese: I'm using Windows 10 Home and whenever I try to type kana use Microsoft IME Japanese, it automatically wants to convert it to kanji. Even if I select the hiragana option from the pop-up list it gives me, it will revert this to kanji as soon as I start typing the next word....
  3. How to stop auto-converting kana to kanji in IME Japanese

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop auto-converting kana to kanji in IME Japanese: I'm using Windows 10 Home and whenever I try to type kana use Microsoft IME Japanese, it automatically wants to convert it to kanji. Even if I select the hiragana option from the pop-up list it gives me, it will revert this to kanji as soon as I start typing the next word....
  4. Japanese IME doesn’t show kana choice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME doesn’t show kana choice: Hello everyone, Maybe my question would look similar to orhers related to IME, but 2 months now I’m trying some hypothetic solutions and what have been discussed on forums doesn’t solved the problem. I use Windows 10 pro, activated, fresh install in French + English,...
  5. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Ever since the windows 10 2004 update and with the changes of the IME; the usual toggle keys that I used to use to change between hiragana and katakana and romaji have stopped working, have the toggle keys changed? or do toggles don't work anymore?...
  6. IME Japanese kana input failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IME Japanese kana input failure: Please kindly advise what to do. I searched and tried many ways of finding the solution, but everything failed so far. I cannot change romaji input into kana hiragana, katakana, kanji Chinese characters although the Japanese language pack seems to be installed. I cannot...
  7. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: In the language bar, I cannot select 'Hiragana' or 'Katakana' in "Input Mode". Only 'Half-width alphanumeric' is available. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/d654e92e-7b1b-404b-83b9-77d9e6124c06
  8. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: When I install Japanese Keyboard I have "Japanese IME is not ready yet". It is more than an hour now. Just in term of comparaison: Mac OS 1mn, Android 1mn, Windows forever... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/26d989e7-6127-49ff-907a-5b8233c2a84a
  9. Japanese IME Keyboard not typing in kana but just English

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Japanese IME Keyboard not typing in kana but just English: Hello, I installed the Japanese IME keyboard a year ago, and it was working fine. I would type in the romanji and then the corresponding kana character would appear on screen. I could switch from English to kana at any time via the little keyboard icon at the on the taskbar...
  10. Japanese IME not converting properly.

Japanese IME not converting properly.: Hello. Japanese IME was installed last week and it worked fine. This week, it was disable for some reason. Removed and re-installed. However, it is not converting correctly. Here is me typing out the vowels: ち に な い ら  (A, I, U, E, O) Those are not the correct kana...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ime cannot change to hiragana

2. I cannot change input mode to hiragana

3. hiragana Windows mobile

4. ime not working in windows10