Windows 10: Japanese IME can't switch to Hiragana anymore

Discus and support Japanese IME can't switch to Hiragana anymore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't know since when, but I can't change my input method to hiragana anymore. The "A" in the taskbar doesn't show up anymore, it's just the language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tom Willen, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Japanese IME can't switch to Hiragana anymore

I don't know since when, but I can't change my input method to hiragana anymore. The "A" in the taskbar doesn't show up anymore, it's just the language that shows up (when using different languages).

:)

Tom Willen, Nov 14, 2019

2. Can't type hiragana on Japanese IME keyboard after updating to Windows 10

Microsoft support suggests that you can use the hotkeys
    to switch between input modes quickly:
    • Press + to change the input language
    • Press + to change to Hiragana
    • Press + to change to Katakana
    • Press + to toggle between alphanumeric and kana modes
    As a side note: if you were really intent on making Hiragana your default input, you could write an
    AutoHotkey script to do this for you. However, this involves understanding that scripting language.

source:
    http://superuser.com/questions/180188/microsoft-ime-japanese-force-hiragana-input-by-default?rq=1

Andre Da Costa, Nov 14, 2019
  3. duceduc Win User
    Japanese IME Not Working

I use Japanese on and off and have been working in the past. At some point it stopped working. When switch to Japanese, the 'A' isn't there like it used to be and there is not option to switch to hiragana, kana as it is not there anymore.

I have tried all the shortcuts, uninstall Japanese language pack, and replaced some files in the IME folder from a working Windows 10 pc (virtual box).

I am running 1903 and Windows update is up to date.

Japanese IME can't switch to Hiragana anymore [​IMG]

duceduc, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Japanese IME can't switch to Hiragana anymore

Japanese IME problem

On my Windows 10 1803 machine, I have installed Japanese IME but it allows only 'Half-width Alphanumeric'. I cannot for instance switch to 'Hiragana' ; right clicking the 'A' icon in system tray and clicking 'Hiragana' at the top of the list does change
    the icon to the hiragana icon -- whatever I type remain alphanumeric. According to a few articles I have found on the internet, earlier versions of Windows 10 did not have this problem and this is a problem unique to 1803. Windows update 1803 with japanese keyboar - Windows Central Forums
    says that turning OFF the 'Use kana input' switch under 'Hardware keyboard' in the 'Options' for 'Microsoft IME' under the 'Keyboard' will solve the problem. But on my computer the switch has been off all along. Fix Japanese IME after April 2018 update
    advises to copy the files in C:\Windows\IME\IMEJP\DICTS from a pre-1803 machine to the same location on the affected 1803 machine and reboot. But I have not access to a pre-1803 machine with Japanese IME. Please help.

YasuTakano, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Japanese IME can't switch to Hiragana anymore

1. Japanese IME can't switch to Hiragana anymore - Similar Threads - Japanese IME can't

2. Japanese IME unable to switch between Hiragana and Katakana with Ctrl+Caps/Alt+Caps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese IME unable to switch between Hiragana and Katakana with Ctrl+Caps/Alt+Caps: Hello, i cant switch between Hiragana and Katakana with hotkeys, but with right click on task bar and Select manually it works somehow, its just annyoing to switch like this so i need a fix!...
  3. Japanese IME unable to switch between Hiragana and Katakana with Ctrl+Caps/Alt+Caps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese IME unable to switch between Hiragana and Katakana with Ctrl+Caps/Alt+Caps: Hello, i cant switch between Hiragana and Katakana with hotkeys, but with right click on task bar and Select manually it works somehow, its just annyoing to switch like this so i need a fix!...
  4. Japanese IME switching back to alphanumeric.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese IME switching back to alphanumeric.: When I try to use the Japanese IME, as soon as I try to type in hiragana, it changes back to alphanumeric on its own. Every time I switch to an input method different than alphanumeric, it switches back automatically and I can't seem to override it at all.Any help would be...
  5. Set Japanese IME to hiragana by default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Japanese IME to hiragana by default: Is there any way to make hiragana input the default in Japanese IME? I know that there are keyboard shortcuts but that is not the answer. This issue has been described in more detail at:...
  6. Japanese IME does not work; unable to switch to Hiragana

Japanese IME does not work; unable to switch to Hiragana: I just installed the Japanese language package but I cannot switch from "Direct input" to "Hiragata" or other option. I've re-installed the package, tried some advised solutions in the previous threads about same problem, but no luck....
  7. Can't switch to typing with Hiragana with Japanese keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't switch to typing with Hiragana with Japanese keyboard: Hi, so recently someone on a discord I'm a part of started giving free Japanese lessons, and I thought it'd be interesting to check it out. However, though this isn't very important, when we installed Japanese keyboards, mine just doesn't seem to work. In settings, it says...
  8. Shortcut key for switching between hiragana and katakana mode in japanese IME?

Shortcut key for switching between hiragana and katakana mode in japanese IME?: I have just read the answer to this question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/japanese-ime-hiragana-toggle-keys/3b2ffa3e-29ee-4d5a-b65b-dc67c9c869fc and while ALT+SHIFT works as it should for toggling language, the suggested ALT+~...
  9. Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME

Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME: Hi, I saw so many tutorials on many pages, but I still have a problem. After changing language to japanese in every tutorial they had this A letter beside language, where they could change typing to hiragana, but I don't have this option. I was trying to find something in...
  10. Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME: Hi, I saw so many tutorials on many pages, but I still have a problem. After changing language to japanese in every tutorial they had this A letter beside language, where they could change typing to hiragana, but I don't have this option. I was trying to find something in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hiragana not working

2. cant use hiragana windows 10

3. cannot type hiragana microsoft ime

4. cannot switch japanese ime to hiragana,
  5. unable to change japanese input method on windows 10,
  6. japanese hiragana not working,
  7. ime japanese does not display hiragana,
  8. windows 10 cannot show hiragana,
  9. ime options cant select hirigana,
  10. windows cant switch to hiragana,
  11. japanese ime will not change to hiragana,