Windows 10: Japanese IME, characters selection not available

Discus and support Japanese IME, characters selection not available in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Using Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, IME for Japanese doesn't show the "characters selection" for Hiragana, Katakana, Romaji... [ATTACH] The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by C’estMoi, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Japanese IME, characters selection not available

Hello,

Using Windows 10 Pro, version 1909,

IME for Japanese doesn't show the "characters selection" for Hiragana, Katakana, Romaji...

Japanese IME, characters selection not available b311d7e6-6029-4729-99a6-fc8c577072c1?upload=true.jpg

The result of that is that I can't use Japanese on that computer.

Why is that?

I have already desinstalled, reinstalled... no luck.

Do you have a solution for this issue?

P.S. On the same computer, it work under the Administrator account...

Japanese IME, characters selection not available 2bb3b61c-78ab-42f7-acdc-2e80663c712f?upload=true.jpg

:)

C’estMoi, Apr 20, 2021
  2. TokyoMike Win User

Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Japanese IME

Hi Miru,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

1. Have you recently made any changes on the device?
    2. What is the version of Windows 10 that you are using?

You may try the below suggested steps.
    Method 1. Remove the language pack

Step 1. Select the Start button, go to
    Settings > Time & Language > Region & language.

Step 2. Select the preferred language pack > Click on Remove.

Method 2: Re-adding the Language pack

Step 1. Select the Start button, go to
    Settings > Time & Language > Region & language.

Step 2: Click on Add a Language >Select the
    Language (Japanese).

Step 3: Click on Set as default.
    The default language will be the first language in your language list.

Step 4: If you click on Options button, you will see the following panel open up. Here you can download
    Language packs and add Keyboards and check the working of Japanese IME.

Method 3: Restore from a System restore point

You may refer the section
    Restore from a System restore point

if the method 1 fails.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Dr. Musou Win User

Japanese IME, characters selection not available

i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout with kbdus.dll step by step? I have no idea what "kbdus.dll" is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Japanese IME, characters selection not available

1. Japanese IME, characters selection not available - Similar Threads - Japanese IME characters

2. Change Japanese Keyboard IME character settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Japanese Keyboard IME character settings: I have two computers where I type using Japanese IME. On my US-made computer, switching from romaji to hiragana is performed by using SHIFT+CAPS LOCK. On my JP-made computer, switching from romaji to hiragana is performed by using just CAPS LOCK. Needless to say, this causes...
  3. Korean & Japanese IME

Korean & Japanese IME: why do i need Korean & Japanese IME ? I dont speak either one.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/korean-japanese-ime/127122fd-5d4f-4661-bf79-509407fdbd0b
  4. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Is there a fix to why the IME does not work? No "A" showing in task bar to let you change from Kanji to Hiragana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/3fe121aa-53dd-4271-85fd-85083a7f9b6d
  5. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Ever since the windows 10 2004 update and with the changes of the IME; the usual toggle keys that I used to use to change between hiragana and katakana and romaji have stopped working, have the toggle keys changed? or do toggles don't work anymore?...
  6. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Sorry if this is the wrong category, it was unclear where this would be appropriate. Hi! I know this might be a long shot, but I'm trying desperately to get the Japanese IME to work on Windows so I can type hiragana. I have the language pack installed and I can switch...
  7. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: In the language bar, I cannot select 'Hiragana' or 'Katakana' in "Input Mode". Only 'Half-width alphanumeric' is available. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/d654e92e-7b1b-404b-83b9-77d9e6124c06
  8. I can switch to Japanese Microsoft IME but CANNOT input Japanese characters

I can switch to Japanese Microsoft IME but CANNOT input Japanese characters: Windows 10. I can switch to Japanese Microsoft IME but CANNOT input Japanese characters. When I left click on the A character, nothing happens. When I right click, some options appear, but when I click on Hiragana, but nothing happens. I have tried some of the solutions...
  9. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: When I install Japanese Keyboard I have "Japanese IME is not ready yet". It is more than an hour now. Just in term of comparaison: Mac OS 1mn, Android 1mn, Windows forever... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/26d989e7-6127-49ff-907a-5b8233c2a84a
  10. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Yesterday, it was working but when I tried typing today, i can't get the kanjis after typing romaji. Tried changing A to hiragana but it won't change. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/38b6ca97-39c9-46c7-84a7-8074215f13cb