Windows 10: Japanese IME does not work on Windows 10 Version 2004

Discus and support Japanese IME does not work on Windows 10 Version 2004 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have just bought a new computer, and needed to install Japanese IME on it. I followed the instructions and installed the language pack, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by QueenSTARSEA, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Japanese IME does not work on Windows 10 Version 2004

Hi,

I have just bought a new computer, and needed to install Japanese IME on it.

I followed the instructions and installed the language pack, but when I look at the language menu, I only see one icon:

Japanese IME does not work on Windows 10 Version 2004 454211a5-40bc-4d08-a4b4-2f79c861dc28?upload=true.png

But in the English part, I see five:

Japanese IME does not work on Windows 10 Version 2004 d85a35bf-ff71-4737-a72b-9c06e5ff454e?upload=true.png

When I switch to Japanese IME by pressing ALT + `, I get this:

Japanese IME does not work on Windows 10 Version 2004 ebe8f7bd-25b8-45b4-8909-b97cb2eaa2d2?upload=true.png

I figure that this has something to do with the missing icons. How do I get these icons onto the Japanese IME as well?

Thanks in advance!

:)

QueenSTARSEA, Feb 10, 2021
  2. Dr. Musou Win User

i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout with kbdus.dll step by step? I have no idea what "kbdus.dll" is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Feb 10, 2021
  3. duceduc Win User
    Windows 10: Japanese IME Not Working

Windows Current Version: Windows 10, 1909 18363.592

The Japanese IME used to work and now it doesn't. It had stopped working a few OS versions back. I have tried reinstalling by removing the Japanese language pack and installing back again. When I select (winkey+space), I see the IME icon, but the method (A) is missing.

I have removed all the language packs inside the IME folder and tried to install the Japanese again. Windows says it has successfully installed the language pack; however, when I look inside the IME folder, all I see is the English pack. Another thing I had tried is to copy and paste an existing IME folder from a different Windows 10 pc , but that doesn't work either.

I think the issue is that IME isn't fully installed even though it doesn't give me an error when I install it.

This is what I have inside my IME folder.

Japanese IME does not work on Windows 10 Version 2004 [​IMG]

Missing method (A) icon.

Japanese IME does not work on Windows 10 Version 2004 [​IMG]

duceduc, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Dr. Musou Win User

Japanese IME does not work on Windows 10 Version 2004

i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout step by step?

I have no idea what [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters] is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Japanese IME does not work on Windows 10 Version 2004

1. Japanese IME does not work on Windows 10 Version 2004 - Similar Threads - Japanese IME does

2. Windows 10 Japanese IME is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Japanese IME is not working: Previously I used ALT+SHIFT to change between English and Japanese IME. Then, I used CTRL+SHIFT to switch between input modes in Japanese i.e. Hiragana, Katakana etc.None of these work all of a sudden.I have tried re-installing the Japanese language using powershell. It...
  3. Windows 10 Japanese IME is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Japanese IME is not working: Previously I used ALT+SHIFT to change between English and Japanese IME. Then, I used SHIFT+Capslock to switch between input modes in Japanese i.e. Hiragana, Katakana etc.None of these work all of a sudden.I have tried re-installing the Japanese language using powershell. It...
  4. Japanese IME not working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME not working?: Hello.I installed a Japanese language pack on my computer. However, upon attempting to switch keyboards to Japanese, the language bar on my taskbar immediately disappears. If set to English, it says EN as normal. All of the normal keyboard shortcuts Windows+Space, alt-shift,...
  5. Japanese IME not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese IME not working?: Hello.I installed a Japanese language pack on my computer. However, upon attempting to switch keyboards to Japanese, the language bar on my taskbar immediately disappears. If set to English, it says EN as normal. All of the normal keyboard shortcuts Windows+Space, alt-shift,...
  6. Japanese IME not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Japanese IME not working.

Japanese IME not working.: When I try to install Japanese IME on my computer I get this error. Could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime-not-working/2b1f02a9-5c48-488b-9b4c-0bc1429aec18
  8. IME Japanese does not work properly

IME Japanese does not work properly: When I am typing using Japanese IME, a certain key messes up what I am typing. It is not the key all the time, but a different key does it here and there, and it is hard to replicate. What it does is it erases or inactivate what I have just typed. For example, typing "na"...
  9. Windows 10: Japanese IME Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: Japanese IME Not Working: Windows Current Version: Windows 10, 1909 18363.592 The Japanese IME used to work and now it doesn't. It had stopped working a few OS versions back. I have tried reinstalling by removing the Japanese language pack and installing back again. When I select (winkey+space), I...
  10. Japanese IME Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Japanese IME Not Working: I use Japanese on and off and have been working in the past. At some point it stopped working. When switch to Japanese, the 'A' isn't there like it used to be and there is not option to switch to hiragana, kana as it is not there anymore. I have tried all the shortcuts,...